The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Fruity Natural Flavoring Juices

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by piggy, Mar 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. piggy

piggy Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 5, 2013
    New York
    DIY noob here. I bought some samples of Lorann's naturals, and found that even at 25% flavoring of berry/fruit mixes I wasn't getting enough flavor for my taste. I'm making 50pg/50vg juices at 16-18mg of nic. How much does everyone else here use with natural flavorings?

2. derogg

derogg Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2014
    Socal
    I have not used Lorann's. I'm wondering if you used too much? An excess of flavoring can cause flavor to diminish. Did you start at a lower percentage and work up to 25%. How many flavors did you mix together? Is the 25% total flavoring? How do the individual flavors taste mixed individually? Sorry to ask more questions then just give you and answer.
    - Dirk

3. piggy

Mar 5, 2013
    New York
    25% total flavoring. I used 4 flavors.
    Lorann's natural flavorings are supposed to be 1/2 the strength of their regular flavors. In another mix I had used 2 flavors and started with a combined 15%. Was pretty weak so I moved it up to 20% which was much better (probably due to the fact that the pomegranate was pretty sour) but still wanted more flavor. So in the new 4 flavor batch I just started at 25%, and it's still pretty weak. I'll change my wick, maybe that'll do the trick.

4. piggy

Mar 5, 2013
    New York
    I think my problem was that I was mixing to many concentrates. The flavors seem to have been working against each other, and none shone through. 25% should have been enough, as evident from my other mixes. In the future I will use only 1 main flavor and 1 or 2 flavors as modifiers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.