LorAnn's all natural cherry flavoring turn juice blue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IOU

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Laguna Beach, California
Hi,
I posted this in another thread, but was wondering if anyone else has seen this, and understands why it would happen.
After mixing juice using LorAnn's all natural cherry flavoring, the juice will turn blue after one day. The flavoring is perfectly clear. I am mixing 100% glycerin juice at 24mg Nicvape nic and glycerin USP.
The LorAnn's all naturals state the following for ingredients;
"Contains: vegetable glycerin, water, grain alchohol, natural cherry with other natural flavors, sugar, citric acid. No added or artificial colors. All flavoring ingredients approved for use by the FDA."
Sound great huh? With the exception of the added sugar, I would say this flavoring would be perfect for e-juice. Just a little concerned with the color change.
I have also had one batch of banana turn a very slight pink color, while a smaller batch stayed perfectly clear.
:confused:

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Nic and nic-oxide (always present) will form colored complexes with flavor compounds. Even without flavors, nic juice can turn rose or orange color from various complexes that form. These complexes are harmless, they are not really reaction happening, just what happens when certain molecules interact with each other. No worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread