Frustrated Cant taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

VadimGod

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2011
brooklyn, NY
I've got quite a few flavours right now, and paln on stocking up on a ton more, but I have to admit, durian is not a flavour I can get over here, and weirdly enough I've always been curious to try it. They have frozen durian at a local exotic supermarket but I've been to afraid to try due to the perpetually repeated mentions of its ... pungent smell. I mean, the fact that it's banned in many Malaysian hotels must seriously say something about that aspect.

I lived by an asian ice cream shop in SF, they had a durina ice cream, id walk in now and then and get a little sample spoon. At first it tasted like what i would compare to a week dead squirl. Oddly enough with the sugar they add it wasn't cringe worthy but what really got me was how fast the taste sneaks up....i goes from nothing to pretty bad fast...then stops, but just like holding something hot, but wont quite burn you, the bodies natural reaction is to fear that the object will keep heating up and burn you so it freaks out and drops the soup bowl, same with this....the flavor would get bad, brain would freak out fearing it would just keep getting worse and worse, but it stops and is ok....i got used to it and actually ordered a whole scoop and enjoyed it...even got some fried durian once....dont konw if im ready for the real fruit yet.

Momster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Don't fret! Two weeks into vaping and no analogs made my taste buds "not work" for a few days. I thought I was crazier than normal. :)

Your sense of taste will come back in full force in a few days, and then juices will taste yummier than ever. Keep up the good work, and congrats on your decision to not smoke the analogs.

Momster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I had a thought on taste since im experiencing analogs differently now (as nasty)....if someone wants something that tastes like an analogue, just tell them to keep their atty semi dry...that nasty burnt taste isnt a bad substitute for an analogue taste. lol

Or you could order some PureCig ejuice from freedomsmokeusa. It is the closest taste to an analog I've vaped yet. I got a sample of it just to see if it was true, and it is. It's at the bottom of the toolchest in which all my e-cig goodies are stored for a future sampling or, more importantly, if I'm out of juice and those bottles at the bottom of the chest have to be my emergency supply while I stalk the mailman for new juice on the way... :D

mafig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
malaysia
I've got quite a few flavours right now, and paln on stocking up on a ton more, but I have to admit, durian is not a flavour I can get over here, and weirdly enough I've always been curious to try it. They have frozen durian at a local exotic supermarket but I've been to afraid to try due to the perpetually repeated mentions of its ... pungent smell. I mean, the fact that it's banned in many Malaysian hotels must seriously say something about that aspect.

yes the durian is a very pungent smelly tasty fruit to the local here..i like it but only seasonal,Penang is renown for the best durians..even Andrew Zimmern cannot stomach this putrefied onion smelling fruit..still the smell lingers on after U had it..that the reason why the fruit is banned from public transport and hotel..hahaha

Picture001-1.jpg

Last edited:

ambientech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
somewhere
I went to the local juice store and tried their extreme heat juice which is 3x cinnamon and could barely taste it so she added a tad bit more and I could finally taste :banana: I still can't taste my other juices but at least I found something I can. My wife tried the extreme heat juice turned red and started sweating :laugh:

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
Vaping non-flavored juice at my nic level brings back my taste buds in two days along with measuring out my water for the day and drinking all of it. I'm convinced (for me) it's a water warning. When I'm drinking enough I don't have BVDs (Bad Vape Days).

I have 3 to 4 flavors loaded in PVs to enjoy throughout the day. Vaping opposite flavors (like waffles followed by a tobacco or sour fruit) help kick my taste buds up a notch.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
No matter how dull my taste gets, I can always taste Halo Tiki Juice. It is not my favorite alone but when I think my taste buds have died, that always brings them alive! ha ha Strong TH and has a punch to it. I find I like it best mixed with French Vanilla and Lemon, tames it down for me LOL bnrk

VadimGod

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2011
brooklyn, NY
I read this thread a few days ago and took note of the taste buds shutting down...Today i got my first REAL shipment of juice..7 different flavors ive been dying to get my hands on...(been smoking random stuff till now, mostly too clovie and sweet) and boom...today is the day my taste buds shut down...Glad I saw this thread first or i would have emailed the supplier asking why all his juice tasted like soap...I'm gonna hit the non flavored stuff...see if that helps rese and water water water...thanks for having this info available...i would have freaked out othewise...this is my juice for the next few months, would have been sad if i thought it sucked. I'm sure thts what it is...the old clovie sweet stuff has taste, but way way less. cant wait for this condition to go away.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I've been vaping exclusively (no cigs at all) for over a year now, and I can tell you....your taste will come back. I've "cycled through" this falling taste thing several times now...just ride it out. Changing juices up (two or three different juices in the same day) helps. I keep two e-cigs (at least) going with different juices loaded in them all the time. I will vape a sweet juice (Hypnotic Mist or Blueberry Waffle) for awhile, then switch over to Coffee for a little while. Works for me. Just know to expect these (little or no taste) days and vape through them.

Jan

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Getting better already...got more taste now...hope this isnt over...i'd like to have about 2x more flavor...I need to vape less to let this happen, but its hard to do that when i want to always take another pull becuase of the lack of flavor...self control has never been my strong suit.

I know the feeling. I have just slightly north of zero willpower (which is why other quit smoking methods never worked worth a damn) so it's hard to put the PV down even these days. But when my tastebuds went on vacation I just had to ride it out. They came back, and over time came back stronger each time, so it's definitely not over, and it's not just going to be vapor whose flavour improves. :)

VadimGod

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2011
brooklyn, NY
i change flavors just about every other time i drip. Thing is i haven't really found juice i li9ke...like i said...i had the bad luck of this happening, just as i got my first real juice order...cant tell if this juice is weak or what...maybe i just need more sweet...illl figure it out...doesnt taste worse than a cig but now im on the hunt for flavors i like...cant wait till taste comes back.

smoking juice ive hard raves about but it tastes like weak tea, or soap, or just a lslight hint of unsweetened flavor...will see what happens over the weekend water water water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread