Frustrated trying to use my carto tank!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched a video on how to fill a cargo tank and I thought I did it right. Everything looked good but when I screwed it on to my Provari there was no airflow! It also didn't seem to screw in or tighten all the way on my Provari, I could spin it around while it was on. I tried adjusting it not knowing what was wrong and accidentally pulled the cargo all the way out and got juice all over the counter. I'm so frustrated! Help please??

txcolt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
Plano, TX

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
What kind of carto tank is it? If it doesn't have any airflow slots in the bottom it can be an issue. The original ProVari top cap also does not any airflow slots (there is a new one out now that does).

If you are using an unflanged carto, you can pull it up slightly on some of them to give you some airflow. Or t here are various ProRings you can use.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Once the tank is on Provari, gently slide the entire tank up a couple of milimeters from the Provari. This will allow some air intake in the gap created between the Provari and the cartotank.

Also, were you careful to not get any e-liquid in the air hole in the carto when priming the carto, and filling the tank? If not, you likely flooded the air hole blocking airflow. I always use a tooth pick in the air hole when priming the carto, and use a tank filling tool like the Slap Yo Moma or IBTanked tool when filling/refilling the tank.

Baditude's Cartotank Setup Guide

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
...the carto I'm using has two pre punched holes in it, when I load it into the tank should they still be visible while in the tank?

Yes they should. The holes are necessary for juice present in the tank to enter into the carto when you apply suction each time you puff on the tank. In rare instances, the holes may have been made too low on the carto so that the tank end caps block the holes; this usually happens when users make their own holes with a carto punch tool. Obviously, this would not work out well.

tank lengths.jpg Cartomizer Anatomy.jpg

On a side note, should you look at the filler wick in the top of the carto after several vapes, it will appear to be dry. This is normal and to be expected. Not only is juice pulled from the tank, but also from the top of the cartomizer. As long as the carto is wicking properly, the lower part of the cartomizer (where the coil is) will stay wet enough to not burn the filler.

Last edited:

CalamityJess

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Baditude saves the day again. I keep noticing the tops of my in tank cartos are dry looking, and seeing the wire up there made me worry about burning. Add to that with thicker juices I never actuallly see the bubbles...I guess I'm good then? I still reprime them about once a day, usually before bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread