Frustrated with tanks.. What am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newb

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2009
Chicago Area Burbs
Went in today and picked up another tank. This time, it was 3.5 ml.

Using my precious Red Energy juice, I put a few drops inside carto before filling the tank half way. Took a few puffs and it began to flood.

I took a syringe and removed most of the juice from the tank, blew out the cartomizer washed it out, blew it out and tried a juice 80VG 20PG.

Worked great until the tank was 1/4 full and it started flooding. Blew it out a little, vaped again until juice was spitting up.

I dont get it.. What can I do to vape normally on this thing?

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
This is all very disheartening and I am sorry to hear after returning that your having such frustrations with the Tanks.

If a in-use tank starts flooding it is generally caused by taking to hard of a draw, as opposed to a long measured draw. If you are getting juice spitting up in your mouth it is another sign of taking to hard of a draw. Juice ratios really have little to do with the how a tank works, I vape 100% VG, 90/10 80/20 PG/VG and 100% PG juices without issue.

When your tank floods, remove the battery and turn it upside immediate. When juice starts coming out of the Carto Connector it can create a siphon affect....by turning it upside down the second the air hits the intake holes the siphon effect will stop. Then simply wipe everything down thoroughly, set the tank on a paper towel, give it a few seconds and dab the carto hole a little, this should draw out any remaining juice in the air wick tube.

As long as the leaking has stopped, which it should, hold the tank up and look down the air wick tube. If juice is still in there take a straightened out paper clip and run it all the way through the air wick tube. This should clear the air wick tube of any residual juice...if you can see through it...place the tank back on your battery and resume vaping.

Just like refilling standard cartos, hold the tank at an angle and drip juice on the inside of the carto housing and avoid getting any juice into the air wick tube. This also holds true when you are filling your tank, good thing is you have a syringe so that should be pretty easy.

Hope it all works out Newb, don't give up...you'll master this soon enough..there is a little bit of learning curve.

:2cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread