Frustrating............

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkh3

Sep 12, 2009
Lynnfield, MA
First I bought the smoking everywhere kit, junk. Now I have a 510 but no matter how I pack the cart with fiber I get 2-3 good throat hitting drags then no throat hit. I am constantly topping off the cart, and changing batteries.

1. Am I doing something wrong or is there something I should be doing?
2. I am buying 36mg juice from awesomevapor.com. Granted I am getting over a cold but I can't detect much taste. Are there stronger tasting juices?

I ordered an 801 hoping it will be better. I can't spend my days changing batteries and filling carts! Analogs are sounding better and better.

Help

SudokuGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
USA-Florida
First, if you have a cold, you're not going to taste the vapor. I had to use menthol juice recently when I had a cold.

Yeah, I suspect you are doing something wrong as the 510 is a great little vaporizer. But, of course, it's hard to tell as so many things can contribute. I use the PTB Full Plug method for filler: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/34401-ptb-plug-full-510-cart.html

Look for Rhoneil's 2-minute video in that thread...it's a few pages in.

Don't give up!!!

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
I got the 510 to work well, but only by constantly cleaning the attys, dripping on the atty or topping off the carts. Then I got decent flavor and throat hit for a short while. I switched to the VaporKing by Vapor4Life and have never looked back! For ease of use, taste and throat hit it is heads and shoulders above the 510 without the muss and fuss of the 510. And without buying an expensive Mod to power it up. And the cartos can easily be refilled and used again up to 10 times. Got to the Vapor4Life forum on this website to see what others are saying about the VaporKing. I find the 16mg just right for me, but the 24mg has killer throat hit and taste...

And whatever you end up using - keep vaping! ;)

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Your mom said not to say...
I don't know about the VaporKing but I too am not all that enamored with my 510. I have a m401 Dragon and it is far superior in every way. I gave the 510 the benefit of the doubt for over a week now with no changes, and you are right the battery life between charges is a big phail with the 510. At first I thought perhaps it was just my unit, then I got a 2nd one and it is the same. If I can find a taker I will swap my 510 for a VK or I will sell it and get something else. Lots of people swear by the 510, I just have not seen the results that I have from my Dragon.

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
manual or auto batteries for the Vapor King??

Your choice! I loved the autos but when they came out with the manuals they just blew me away! He has an extra long manual battery that is killer! And the manual passthrough is a must have! I would put it up against any mod, the thing totally rocks!

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
I don't know about the VaporKing but I too am not all that enamored with my 510. I have a m401 Dragon and it is far superior in every way. I gave the 510 the benefit of the doubt for over a week now with no changes, and you are right the battery life between charges is a big phail with the 510. At first I thought perhaps it was just my unit, then I got a 2nd one and it is the same. If I can find a taker I will swap my 510 for a VK or I will sell it and get something else. Lots of people swear by the 510, I just have not seen the results that I have from my Dragon.

I know what you mean! I have probably $200 worth of 510 parts and carts gathering dust! I wish I had found out about vaporking first, but I am glad I found it anyway! Totally happy with it! If you want to see what others think check out our forum here Vapor4Life - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat

Steve at V4L is the bomb - he sends all kinds of extras with each order! It is like Christmas when an order comes lol!

Last edited:

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
OK, ordered the VK starter kit and a few juices. This is getting expensive!

Tell me about it! I probably have over $400 invested in my pen style and 510! Then on top of it, bought the VK. But you know what? I don't regret it - I have now bought extra kits and batteries for friends and family to get them off the cigs. I just figure it will take me a while longer to break even is all! I was spending almost $50 a week on cigs. Be sure to check out our forum here and let us know what you think! We are like one happy family there and everyone helps each other out. Lots of tips and good info too! ;)

I seriously don't think you will regret your decision! I only wish I had found it first! I guess that is why I try to tell as many people as I can about this!

Last edited:

TheB0lt

Sep 15, 2009
New Hampshire
First I bought the smoking everywhere kit, junk. Now I have a 510 but no matter how I pack the cart with fiber I get 2-3 good throat hitting drags then no throat hit. I am constantly topping off the cart, and changing batteries.

I, too got suckered into Smoking Everywhere. Rather than causing a scene at the mall, I decided to use it as backup only (and routinely scream at myself for being an idiot!). It isn't completely terrible, but pales in comparison to ohhh, just about everything else! Not terrible in an emergency though, and it's too late anyway!

In terms of the topping off/batteries, so far I'm very happy with my DSE-901s from Rob. There's definately a learning curve and, after reading lots of different opinions from folks, I got frustrated enough to "do my own thing". Everyone is very helpful, but sometimes in life, you try things and then wind up doing what works for you :) If you're like me -- you'll just ... figure it out. It'll come to you!

I DO top off very often. Dear 'ole Mum only has to once or twice per day, but she isn't vaping nearly as much as I. That just comes with the territory unless you do one of these straaaaaange mods!!! I don't mind dripping every few hours. At least I'm in control (unlike pre-filled carts that are a fortune and just get tossed).

In terms of analogs looking better and better, I felt that way too a few times. When I'm under a lot of stress (at work mostly), once in awhile there's still this feeling of fight-or-flight-analog mode. But it passes as soon as I take a hit. RIGHT at my desk! Can't do that with an analog. And you can't feel worlds better with them, either.

Keep trying. Experiment. And if you feel upset or guilty about the money, you might try what I did:

Take the total cost ($900 or so in my case!!!). Then keep a running count of how much you're saving over analogs [in a spreadsheet or what have you]. That initial cost will go down, down, down in the coming months until you are in the black. And way before that time, you will have found your own way with use and care of your eCiggys. You don't have to go crazy keeping a tally. I am replacing the same number weekly and watching my initial investment go down! You may want to type a number each week and do a chart! Whatever works to encourage you to KEEP GOING!

Much luck and take care,

Dan

Last edited:

TheB0lt

Sep 15, 2009
New Hampshire
  • Deleted by lordmage
  • Reason: Removed as requested by Comment

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
Easy math-

1.5 packs/day x 7 days @8.00/pk (gotta love Taxachusetts)=$84/wk or $336/month or $4,032/yr
So far I've spent $275. Certainly an incentive to make this work!

Yep! And the 510 did get me off the cigs, I will give it that! I just wanted something more maintence free and consistant without the constant dripping and dropping! And I didn't want some huge mod thing hanging out of my mouth. I suppose it all depends what you are looking for. I found what I need and that is all that matters to me. lol ;)

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
I know what you mean! I have probably $200 worth of 510 parts and carts gathering dust! I wish I had found out about vaporking first, but I am glad I found it anyway! Totally happy with it! If you want to see what others think check out our forum here Vapor4Life - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat

Steve at V4L is the bomb - he sends all kinds of extras with each order! It is like Christmas when an order comes lol!
How long do those carts really last? I love the concept, but I have not hear how long each cartride lasts.

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
How long do those carts really last? I love the concept, but I have not hear how long each cartride lasts.

Depends on how much you vape. I generally go through about 1 1/2 carts a day. The carts are super easy to refill also, and can be refilled up to 10 times although I find the carts I refill don't last as long. As a comparision, I usually went through about 1 cart a day with my 510, but I was dripping on the atty and topping the carts with 2 or 3 drops pretty much all day long just to get a throat hit, so it is kind of hard to compare lol!

Moonstruck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2009
Colorado
I'm now approaching one month into vaping, and I have pretty much the same complaints as you guys. Started with a 901 and basically I love the flavor, vapor, etc., but sick of having to top off with a drop or two every time I want a few drags. I have to do this even when the cartridge is basically soaked. Tried new attys, new batts, and it really doesn't matter. I still have to add a couple drops to get the flavor/vapor that I want.

Started with auto batteries that came with the kit, ordered the manual batteries a few days later. Manuals are better, but I find I still have to do the topping off and also taking primer puffs just to get the really great flavor and throat hit.

I also bought a 901 kit for my mom who is 77 and is in beginning stage of dementia. All this "fiddling" was just waaaaaaayyyy too much for her, and she went back to smoking within 2 days. I now have a DR808D-1 on order for her (same as VK/Nebula, etc.) plus ordered lots of carmtomizers for her to try.

I will go to the VK subforum and read up, but quick question: Is the VK really better than the other brands of this model?:confused: It seems to be one of the most expensive.

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
I'm now approaching one month into vaping, and I have pretty much the same complaints as you guys. Started with a 901 and basically I love the flavor, vapor, etc., but sick of having to top off with a drop or two every time I want a few drags. I have to do this even when the cartridge is basically soaked. Tried new attys, new batts, and it really doesn't matter. I still have to add a couple drops to get the flavor/vapor that I want.

Started with auto batteries that came with the kit, ordered the manual batteries a few days later. Manuals are better, but I find I still have to do the topping off and also taking primer puffs just to get the really great flavor and throat hit.

I also bought a 901 kit for my mom who is 77 and is in beginning stage of dementia. All this "fiddling" was just waaaaaaayyyy too much for her, and she went back to smoking within 2 days. I now have a DR808D-1 on order for her (same as VK/Nebula, etc.) plus ordered lots of carmtomizers for her to try.

I will go to the VK subforum and read up, but quick question: Is the VK really better than the other brands of this model?:confused: It seems to be one of the most expensive.

In a word YES! Yes, because Steve oversees the production of the ones he sells. For instance, he turned down several prototypes of the manual he sells until he got one made to his specifications. The carts are also made to his exacting standards. I bought some cheaper carts and while much better then the 510 carts, the taste and longevity wasn't there. Sometimes you get what you pay for, but honestly - I don't know how V4L stays in business! They are constantly putting goodies into my orders - extra flavor carts to try, even a super long manual battery that is a beast! These guys rock because they really WANT you off cigs!

JLeigh

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
Wisconsin
I have to second everything JenJen is saying. The 510 was my first e-cig, and I could not STAND all the fiddling I had to do with it just to get 4-5 good hits. It was ridiculous. lol. I heard about the VK, ordered the kit after I had some questions answered, and I absolutely love it! Steve at Vapor4Life gives me the best customer service I have ever had from any company, hands down. In fact, I just placed another order today, so I'm going to be stalking my mailman now until he gives.me.my.package. :p

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
The fiddling is not something I enjoy no matter how much vapor. I would love something with carts that actually last without the constant topping off. I really do not like dripping much either. The battery problem is solved for the most part with my VP 1 and Laser Mod, but the cartridge issue is still there. Aside from that, I am one of only a few who admits it, but I really do want something that resembles a cigarette when I am out in public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread