Frustration Leads to first pure Mech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confuzzled1969

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2014
Gotebo OK
OK, so I started off on an Ego style with the clearomizers and such, all the typical off the shelf stuff.
Next I went for some Kangertech tanks and graduated to the MPV and then Vamo.
Then I grabbed a Kayfun and was pretty well satisfied with the Kayfun/Vamo mixture.

Then I decided to go for more power and was looking into the IPV2 when I run across a pre-order for the IPV3 and it was only 7 bucks more, hmmm.

So I pulled the trigger and pre-ordered it.

Then I started looking for some more appropriate hardware (RBA/RDA) to take advantage of the considerable power and range of the IPV3.

First I grabbed an Orchid, which is great for taste but leaks like a seive., even turning upside down when closeing it, it floods a lot of fluid out.

So I started looking into RDA's, which I expected to only use at home due to the dripping thing.

Well I found the Vertas, wow, awsome RDA, great taste and unique design makes it possible to use even while driving, without leaking.

I did find it ridiculously hard to build for the Vamo, so had been using it on the MPV.

With the 11 watt limit of the MPV, I was seriously wanting that IPV3....

Then the release dates started changing, and changing, and changing, and I found myself wishing I had just ordered the in stock IPV2.

Then yesterday, the Orchid V2 and 454 Big Block units showed up, try as I may, I could not build a Vamo usable coil and the 11 watts of the MPV just didn't do it justice, so out of frustration I ran down to the local brick and mortar shop and grabbed a Nemesis to be able to at least get some decent vapes from these things.

Wow, glad I did, but now I am not sure the IPV3 is going to be something I will actually use or not:confused:?

I can say I will not be using the Orchid much, the V2 was an improvment, but I move a lot and the Orchid just leaks, or at least mine do. The V2 is not as bad, but when your moving around, something just causes it to leak out the air holes. I am sure for some it will work, but if you find yourself being active while vaping, such as working... it won't.

However the Veritas has proven to be awesome, even then. I mean, this thing is just a great design and unless you overfill it to the level of the air hole or turn it upside down, it just plain works....

And when you can build a 0.8 to 1.1 ohm coil, that won't fire on the Vamo, the flavor and vape is excellent:D!

My only complaint on the Nemesis, the bottom fire mechanism. I mean it is simple and works, but I am now on the hunt for one that has a side button.

Just some random insights from someone that has started to really enjoy vaping more and more everyday and with each new choice.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
WOW,

What a mirror, :?)

I went the same direction just about. Finally gave the Vamo and KFL to the miss`s and run a Panzer and Fogger and am loving it. Want a IPV3 for the one box to run them all thing but with all the waiting, I keep buying mechs. Got a Penny Mod and a Veritas circling in vapemail right now.

Well, when they get it sorted out, maybe I`ll have the money, :?) But I don`t think I`m going to nut up without. :?)

Cheers,
R

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
The poldiac is one of the few top fired mechs.

1745902-3.jpg

Confuzzled1969

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2014
Gotebo OK
WOW,

What a mirror, :?)

I went the same direction just about. Finally gave the Vamo and KFL to the miss`s and run a Panzer and Fogger and am loving it. Want a IPV3 for the one box to run them all thing but with all the waiting, I keep buying mechs. Got a Penny Mod and a Veritas circling in vapemail right now.

Well, when they get it sorted out, maybe I`ll have the money, :?) But I don`t think I`m going to nut up without. :?)

Cheers,
R

You will like the Veritas, great flavor and the build isn't hard when your not trying to build dual 2.4 ohm coils to fire at the 1.2 ohm lower limit of the Vamo...

I really didn't think I would ever be a dripper, but this one just plain works.

Confuzzled1969

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2014
Gotebo OK
May have to give the Poldiac a try, it looks interesting...

My biggest concern with the Nemesis, has already happened to some extent.

Got busy with something and needed two hands and set it down without thinking and of course the locking ring was not engaged. Luckily I didn't walk off so I heard it cooking the juice and quickly grabbed it back up before to long.

But one day I can see that happening where I walk away and do not here it and without any protection except the battery,, well who knows...

Confuzzled1969

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2014
Gotebo OK
Funny, I started out thinking I liked fire buttons on the side but tried out a Nemesis clone cause I needed a mech for my dripper. Now it's what I use most of the time and thinking of getting an authentic one now.

I don't mind it, just for safety reasons, I am thinking that I would prefer to be safe.

My mind gets preoccupied while I am working and I set stuff down without thinking about when I need both hands... And as I just posted, I have already done so, just no catastrophe so far...

Confuzzled1969

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2014
Gotebo OK
The big problem with bottom fired mechs is the batteries were not designed for that scenario.

It so happens that the batteries come with a thin plastic wrapper label which happens to be non-conductive; and a bottom firing mech relies on that material as insulator.

The Nemesis doesn't, it has insuator on the bottom and the push button extends up inside that to contact the battery.

But if you don't engage the lock ring beore you rest it on its ...., it fires!!!! Unitl you pick it up again...

Veritas = good. 454 = good.

I actually owned 4 mech tube mods before I bought a Hana, and after buying the Hana I asked myself "why?"... But I still find uses for it/use it almost daily, so it isn't the biggest loss ever.

A solution to the bottom firing lock ring issue- For your next mod purchase, if side fire isn't your deal (it isn't mine, have yet to find a device that I wanna shell out the dough for) you can always look for a couple things- 1) a mod with a recessed switch/button, typically if you set them down there is almost no way they will fire, or 2) get a mod with a very stiff spring rate or heavy magnets. Out of the 5 mechs I have sitting next to me, only one will fire when I set it down unlocked. Three of my others are standard buttons but with heavy magnets. I only lock them when they go in my pocket. Last of the 5 is a recessed switch, and again, only gets locked when it goes in my pocket. :2c: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread