Funky weird cough. My cold or vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreySaber

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2009
Savannah, Ga
OK, I am new. I just ordered a 901 kit... and there were some issues with Paypal.... which streached out and the ordering process was really frustrating, (No reflection on the vendor who was patient and helpful) Hopefully my 901 stuff is on the way.

I couldn't wait though, so against my better (financial) judgement, I went out and bought myself an njoy Ncig, which was avalible locally. I LOVE IT. (I've been vaping in class all day! I'm just short of a pack a day smoker and I've only had two analogs today!)

Now, when I got it, I had a sore throat, and a drippy nose. Those were on their way out and seem to be gone. That said, I have a weird cough...... It's mostly when I try to go to sleep at night.... but the cough has a weird-weird-weird ITCHY LUNG feeling.

Is this something to do with vaping or is it whatever sick I've got?

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
You would probably know the answer to this question more then anyone else because you know your own body. Im assuming you have gotten colds before, have you ever gotten a similar cough like that with a cold? nasal drip ? etc. I mean it could be from e-smoking, im no expert, but i would imagine your lungs are gonna try and cough up the PG or whatever you use after awhile.

regards

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
OK, I am new. I just ordered a 901 kit... and there were some issues with Paypal.... which streached out and the ordering process was really frustrating, (No reflection on the vendor who was patient and helpful) Hopefully my 901 stuff is on the way.

I couldn't wait though, so against my better (financial) judgement, I went out and bought myself an Njoy Ncig, which was avalible locally. I LOVE IT. (I've been vaping in class all day! I'm just short of a pack a day smoker and I've only had two analogs today!)

Now, when I got it, I had a sore throat, and a drippy nose. Those were on their way out and seem to be gone. That said, I have a weird cough...... It's mostly when I try to go to sleep at night.... but the cough has a weird-weird-weird ITCHY LUNG feeling.

I am a professional Vapor, it is ALL I EVER DO!!!! these days

I have a vapors cough, yes I do, plus I have found that I am a lot more
flemmy ( sorry ladies) I do not mean to be gross, but I am.
Drink lots of water, lots and lots but the cough, I vape only 36mg and nothing ever lower, so I have brought it on myself, I also have COPD, which may be part of the problem NO PAIN NO GAIN

Flowerpeddle

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
USA
GreySaber.... I love my Ncig... I couldn't wait either and went out and bought one too. I have not regreted it. I have added to our ecig collection quite a bit in the last month and 1/2.. In fact my hubby has cut off my paypal for a little bit... ( still working on that one) :)

I know this isn't helping your with your cough but I did want to tell you I enjoy my Ncig too.

Welcome aboard!

Tallgirl1974

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2009
Loganville, Ga

I couldn't wait though, so against my better (financial) judgement, I went out and bought myself an Njoy Ncig, which was avalible locally. I LOVE IT. (I've been vaping in class all day! I'm just short of a pack a day smoker and I've only had two analogs today!)

Some people have report a weird cough.
I didnt have one, but also I did not go from cigs to vapor- but I did get a cough after I stopped smoking and went to gum.
It can be the regular cough you would get when you quit, or it can be related to vaping- however, everyone I have seen write about the cough has reported it going away pretty quickly.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
GreySaber, I'd venture to say I've e-smoked longer than anyone on this forum (with the possible exception of Smokey Joe) -- since Jan. 3, 2008. I started e-smoking because I had a regular smoker's cough. If I quit smoking for any period of time, the cough would quit after three days. Resume smoking and the cough returned in 7 days.

A month ago, the cough returned. It followed an episode with a cold, but the cough kept going long after the cold was cured. It sounds, and feels, just like the raspy smoker's cough (not like the rattling variety of someone with serious chest problems).

I am so concerned about it that today is the first day since I began e-smoking that I have not taken even one drag from an e-cigarette. Nor will I tomorrow, or the next day. If the cough goes away, I'm in BIG trouble. That would mean that the vapor is not without consequences and after so much use, I'm beginning to experience the very one that took me off real cigarettes (and I loved them at the rate of 30 a day for 50 years).

When I moved to e-smoking, it didn't take me long to become addicted to nicotine vapor. But I will tell you this: Thank goodness I have snus and dissolvables, or it might be back to a smoker's cough for me. As it is, I keep the cravings at bay with absorbable nicotine products, while I try to figure out what is causing this cursed cough.

Doc

Apr 25, 2009
Gainesville, FL
I am so concerned about it that today is the first day since I began e-smoking that I have not taken even one drag from an e-cigarette. Nor will I tomorrow, or the next day. If the cough goes away, I'm in BIG trouble. That would mean that the vapor is not without consequences and after so much use, I'm beginning to experience the very one that took me off real cigarettes (and I loved them at the rate of 30 a day for 50 years).

TB, the cough is going to subside regardless of your vapor use unless something is very wrong. You will attribute your cough erroneously to the vapor. If you cease using, your cough subsides, your return to using and your cough returns, maybe it's the vapor. Hope you feel better soon. Did you see your doc?

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
You would probably know the answer to this question more then anyone else because you know your own body. Im assuming you have gotten colds before, have you ever gotten a similar cough like that with a cold? nasal drip ? etc. I mean it could be from e-smoking, im no expert, but i would imagine your lungs are gonna try and cough up the PG or whatever you use after awhile.

regards
Have you tried changing your juice from PG to Non-PG, or visa-versa, whichever you are using now do the other for awhile...you may be having reaction to that, since you say your lungs feel "itchy", not just your throat. See if you can get hubby to relax your PayPal for a minute to order the opposite juice! Could be worth experimenting with different brand also....hope this helps.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Have you tried changing your juice from PG to Non-PG, or visa-versa, whichever you are using now do the other for awhile...you may be having reaction to that, since you say your lungs feel "itchy", not just your throat. See if you can get hubby to relax your PayPal for a minute to order the opposite juice! Could be worth experimenting with different brand also....hope this helps.
Q: What's the difference between your PG and non-PG formulas??

A: Although the vast majority of our customers choose our traditional PG formula, a small number of people find propylene glycol to be an irritant (sore throat, etc.) So, to allow all of our customers the opportunity to enjoy Johnson Creek Smoke Juice, we developed a non-PG formula which uses a high food-grade vegetable glycerin as the main vapor-producing agent.
The smoking experience is very similar. In fact, the only noticeable difference is that the non-PG vapor tends to be a bit thicker, or more dense. But again, both are very safe and have been approved for human consumption by the FDA.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
All: My wife started coughing last night and it continues today. Ergo: We caught something! When you introduce something into your life, you tend to associate whatever follows as being somehow related. Maybe. Maybe not. After a day without e-cigs, the cough was unchanged.

Today, I went back to e-cigs but am vaping a DIY using vegetable glycerine.

I did suffer a mild cold last month and went through an expensive course of medicine. My feeling now is that the cold boomeranged back at both the wife and I, with very mild symptoms again. If nothing changes in a month, this e-cig canary in the coal mine will report back ...

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
could probably just be the cold playing tricks on your mind, but I hate the comments people are leaving for you if in fact it did have to do with the PG. PG IS SAFE BY THE FDA!? You are just getting an allergic reaction bla bla. THe dude has been smoking longer then most of you guys. Lets just wait till what Bob has to say if he determines the reason for it. If it does have to do with PG, or e-smoking I think that should give everyone a little insight.

toughdiamond

May 12, 2009
I've had a strange cough too - got it the other night.....some phlegm that was quite deep in my lungs. Never had that before, only a slight irritation in the upper respiratory tract - but this one was deep. Still haven't worked out what I was doing wrong.....I'd changed from using nicotine liquid to ready-made cartridges, of a kind that I'd never had trouble with before, and was expecting it to be a smoother (but weaker) hit, but it tasted pretty horrible. Maybe I just used it to excess in pursuit of the hit I'd got used to with the e-liquid.....the "smoke" was denser, and the taste was weird, rather like a burning circuit board. Yet nothing was wrong with the device as far as I could tell, everything was clean and the nasty effect was happening even with very small pulls that didn't make the e-cig particularly hot. Almost as if somebody had dropped something toxic into the cartridge, but that's impossible.:confused:

Anyway the problem went away fairly quickly, without having to clean the equipment. The cough went away as soon as I'd brought up the phlegm. Seems to be associated with the ready-made cartridges as far as I can tell, but that's peculiar. I'm using a Gamucci Micro with their own brand of cartridges.

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
I mean are you guys really surprised if you get a cough or phlegm? Even the best case scenario, and PG or VG or HIJKLMNOP are very safe to use as far as toxicity, You are still breathing in a substance into your lungs. your lungs sooner or later will probably want to get all that **** out that is accumulating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread