Fuse and Momentary Switch question

Status
Not open for further replies.

brexin

Verified Member
Jun 21, 2014
killeen, tx
I posted this on the new member forum and it quickly went to page 4 :/ Hoping someone in this section could lend a hand :)

I have everything ordered for my DNA30 box mod build EXCEPT the fuses and momentary switch. Here is what I'm dealing with, i hope someone can help.

Fuse: Not sure which to buy. Going to be running 2 LG18650 batteries. I've seen some people use board fuses and others use mini auto fuses. Which should i choose to maximize the protection of my system without increasing voltage drop? If pictures could be provided that would be a huge plus!!
(Edit: Found the post by Mamu regarding fuses HERE. Gonna get to reading :p)

Momentary Switch: Most use either the same buttons they use for the wattage adjust (the little guys) or the dome style bigger button. I'm currently vaping w/ the itazte mvp and really like the button it has, it doesn't require a lot of pressure, the button doesn't have a lot of movement and i don't have to push a button "inside" it's bezel in order to activate the switch. Do any of you know of a good switch that fits that criteria? Using the 1590b enclosure and I'd prefer to place the button on the front, not the side.

Thank you in advance for your assistance. If i was too vague with any of the above please let me know and I'll try to explain it a little better.

Last edited:

Joey_cope

Apr 23, 2014
Indiana
I was really hoping to see some answers on this thread about the switch. Apparently, I ordered the wrong switch for my box-mod. I got a 5 amp switch but since I ordered it, I have learned that it will not be able to fire sub-ohm like I want it to :-( I cannot find a higher rated switch anywhere!! good luck bro, I hope you get your answers!!

opuscroakus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Angelo, Tx
Does the fire switch connected to a dna30 see any of the big amperage though? Lots of folks use the same wattage adjust little momentary buttons for their fire button. I just don't want to wire it up and have their be a trick to it that I'm not seeing.

No, with the DNA30 the board doesn't allow much current to flow to the switch. Very much like a mosfet.

brexin

Verified Member
Jun 21, 2014
killeen, tx
No, with the DNA30 the board doesn't allow much current to flow to the switch. Very much like a mosfet.

Awesome, just ordered 6 of the lil guys from mouser along w/ some fuses. If i can't find a 12mm momentary that fits my picky side i'll just go with the little guy from now.

Thanks for the help!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
A high amp switch is only necessary when the switch is directly feeding battery voltage to the coil. Anytime you have electronics involved, the switch simply supplies a typical low voltage milliamp range signal to tell the electronics to turn on the MOSFET. The MOSFET supplies the voltage to the load, in this case that's an atomizer coil.

If it's a mech with no electronics, you need a high current switch.

brexin

Verified Member
Jun 21, 2014
killeen, tx
A high amp switch is only necessary when the switch is directly feeding battery voltage to the coil. Anytime you have electronics involved, the switch simply supplies a typical low voltage milliamp range signal to tell the electronics to turn on the MOSFET. The MOSFET supplies the voltage to the load, in this case that's an atomizer coil.

If it's a mech with no electronics, you need a high current switch.

That's what i was thinking but wanted some reassurance. Thank you!!

For now i'm going to still use the small "wattage adjust" switch but i ordered a 3amp momentary anti-vandal in case i want to upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread