Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Got one, any difference between a1 and regular 32ga kanthal?

This post was extremely informative:

I don't think there is enough difference between kanthal a and a1 for our purposes from what I see
Kanthal A
Kanthal A-1
others should be able to give you more info however, if there is no a1 available I would buy this.

My take home from the two links above:

Kanthal A

It is suitable for use at temperatures up to 1350°C (2460°F).

Kanthal A-1

It is suitable for use at temperatures up to 1400°C (2550°F).

I think I'm gonna be ok with the 75' of Kanthal A I ordered. :laugh:

lorderos33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
FL
Yes you will, 75' is going to last you a long long time.

This post was extremely informative:

My take home from the two links above:

Kanthal A

It is suitable for use at temperatures up to 1350°C (2460°F).

Kanthal A-1

It is suitable for use at temperatures up to 1400°C (2550°F).

I think I'm gonna be ok with the 75' of Kanthal A I ordered. :laugh:

pnc81498

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
Central NJ
Does anyone have a wick cut diagram for 12x12 mesh sheets?

Dan posted a good video i will look for it.... think i liked it so might be easy to find when on a pc... if no one posts your answer before i get home i will look for it In mal 3 kids wife pic with santa i would prefer a bar fight right about now.....

Capt.Louisville

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Louisville, KY
Dan posted a good video i will look for it.... think i liked it so might be easy to find when on a pc... if no one posts your answer before i get home i will look for it In mal 3 kids wife pic with santa i would prefer a bar fight right about now.....
I understand completely.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Last edited:

Teach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
hey those filter sheets say they are twill weave. isnt that different than the mesh co. stuff and which would be best?

I've always selected the Woven Wire Cloth - haven't tried any of the others. I use the SS 304 - SS316 is better for some applications, but the 304 seems to work fine for wick.

Brazilleon

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Los Angeles, California
Got about 30 days into this wick and coil on my gtank. Still going strong. No signs of wear. No resistance change. 325mesh with kanthal 32AWG

Over 2 months for my last coil. Occasionally clear s-wire chamber of residue liquid buildup. Clean whole unit in pieces every three days or so. It is rock solid. It's totally brought my Atty purchasing to a halt. The time I have saved from not buying and using attys is much more than the occasional clean here and there.
Man, I've been through everything from baking soda and vinegar to buying ultra sonic jewelry cleaners to clean all the 510 and 901 attys. It has been quite a feverous adventure.
So far, the G-tank and now the Line and without a doubt the USGTank co-ops and mixing my own Capella flavored juice, has put all of that noise behind me.
They are the perfect vaping experience.
My day....
Freshly charged battery on then, fill, vape, fill, vape, get home refil my line with the sketchy syringe, switch battery, vape, read ECF modding threads. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread