Gdeal Bottom Feeders (Tutorials/Parts List/Pictures) - Please take questions to the spec thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronnbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2014
Sawmills, NC, USA
There you are Roscoe the mod dropper. I was waiting for you to chime in with your words of wisdom ;)

Atleast I know if I do someone snap mine, that super glue will actually keep it back together.

So super glue actually bonds it together, and holds well?

And Ronnbert, must be my Tapatalk, I can't see any of your pics or anyone else's.. and as the wick, yes way way less IS MORE. You now get fresh hits every sqounk, no need to horder burnt nasty juice from your last toke.
And as for the max VG, i run mostly VG in my DIY, and it's snowing here. I get by fine, just sqounk more! You'll get the hang of it and you'll never go back to dripping, uhh ew who wants to manually drip!?

-Mark

Well, I will still manually drip from time to time, but my Atlantises (4, I know, I am a hoader, also getting a subtank) and Nautiluses are going to see less use as driving and about addys. I also built this coil to 3mm ID, so I need a bit of cotton to fill it up. May cut down tails though.

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

K-Omo

ECF Veteran
the ugly abstract peko process - painted with testors enamel paints:

v1agjfw.jpg

then covered with tiny strips of painter's tape and painted with a coat of testors enamel white.

RUfbZtC.jpg

painters tape removed:

zaBo3Kg.jpg

and the ugly abstract peko sitting on one of my ugly shirret wool rugs.

zsyBomM.jpg

Junquedujour your abstract Peko is beautiful.

And, btw I have one of your shirret wool rugs and its not ugly.

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

moresalt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2013
Tucson,Az
You obviously don't know how ..for lack of a better term... skilled I am with paint. I have been painting 3 rings and buttons since Dec. sand, primer, sand, primer, sand, paint...start again at step 1. Yesterday I painted a button gold and it was beautiful...except for the 1 little hair that somehow got caught in the paint. Aarrggg! :facepalm:

Edit: Maybe I should stop using the 10x loupe to examine the quality.

Last edited:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
You obviously don't know how ..for lack of a better term... skilled I am with paint. I have been painting 3 rings and buttons since Dec. sand, primer, sand, primer, sand, paint...start again at step 1. Yesterday I painted a button gold and it was beautiful...except for the 1 little hair that somehow got caught in the paint. Aarrggg! :facepalm:

Edit: Maybe I should stop using the 10x loupe to examine the quality.

Just thinking outloud here... This is not a knock on you, but maybe your not that skilled since you have to constantly sand, primer, sand, primer, sand, paint...start again at step 1... I think what you described was a little thing we like to call OCD!!!!:facepalm:

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

Kataphraktos

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
New York, NY
eae878a2065a7a857d973bb74e6ae5c7.jpg

Before clear coat

6b8f9243b1d787187ae6df4d14cf1328.jpg

How I sprayed my parts

faa8f43cdfc0d152e6b55b61442e43b7.jpg

My daily carries with respective juices (think I will dwindle down dailies once I find my sweet spot on this lil guy)

35648ba6f53a271be01e581a027165d3.jpg

On break at work. Cannot believe it makes my istick seem big lol!

One thing I am mad at, is the shell turned white-ish from too much clear coat, but my other parts are fine -_-

Also, I worked from midnight to 6am getting it done, thought I could get it finished by 1 lol. I also snapped the delrins in one of my 510s when I tapped it. That probably took the longest time, but now that I have done it, the others should be easier. Also, the vented screw took a while to get threaded down, even after running the tap through it multiple times.

Also, how did yall do your bottles? I may try to adjust how I do mine.

My other mods are jealous, I haven't put my peko down lmao!

Love the Red&Black, but also love that the atty on the iStick is bigger than the iStick. Very hookah!

moresalt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2013
Tucson,Az
LOL.....I like that. But yeah, I must agree. It should be relaxing and chilled out experience. I just pull up a chair and go through a set of parts painting. Could be your not using the right brushes or something in your process. But nothing is perfect and if you are looking at it under a magnifying glass.....hahaha....then I feel for you. Good thing my vision ain't that great. All mine look good that way. But imperfections are what make it art. But anyway, the offer is out there for anyone. Don't mind helping any way I can. I just enjoy doing it. If you're not, then maybe you need to find something else to do or way of accomplishing it.

I find that the sanding is very relaxing, and the painting can be quite rewarding when it comes out right. I'm using rattle cans for the painting and that in and of itself could be part of the problem. And I use the loupe because my vision ain't that great either. I don't need these to be perfect just damned near perfect. As far as OCD?...uh, ok, that's possible...ok, probable...alright I have OCD! I appreciate the offer of help and I may end up PMing you for the dipping, but I don't know what all I don't know yet. I'm not sure what question(s) to ask yet.

ronnbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2014
Sawmills, NC, USA
Love the Red&Black, but also love that the atty on the iStick is bigger than the iStick. Very hookah!
Red and black is for my favorite college team: NC State. I am going to get some small logos and put them on the shell.

The atty is a version on the Nautilus. It looked fine on my MVP, but when I upgraded to the iStick, I couldn't give it up, even though it looks massive on it.

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
Red and black is for my favorite college team: NC State. I am going to get some small logos and put them on the shell.

The atty is a version on the Nautilus. It looked fine on my MVP, but when I upgraded to the iStick, I couldn't give it up, even though it looks massive on it.

It wouldn't look so massive if you would take the adapter off and screw it directly to the mod.

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

ronnbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2014
Sawmills, NC, USA
It wouldn't look so massive if you would take the adapter off and screw it directly to the mod.
I agree completely, but I have heard that the 510 threads wear out a bit too easy on the iStick, so I would rather use the adaptor and beauty ring so that taking the tank on and off won't wear down the threads. I want this thing to last as long as possible, that way when I pass it along to someone else who needs to quit smoking, they have something that will last a while.

RGLP4Lyfe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
PA
Actually no, I have done similar type things for a long time. Always been into building/modding anything/general handyman and my wife is completely 180 degrees the opposite. So when I built my speaker stands and component rack, did the wood/metal deal, the wife had to have her say. So had to antique the metal and patina all her "decorations". She has always had me doing stuff like that, distressed wood or whatever. So had plenty of paints and supplies at the house. And I use Testors paints in my other hobbies such as my RC quadcopters and helicopters. Though you're not gonna find any beads or sequence in any of my supplies...lol...I draw the line there. If she wants that stuff, it is time to learn.

Well, re-read the first line again. Well maybe to vaping. Wasn't much more than a few years ago that I even heard about vaping. It is really rather new to my area. Hell, I was the first person in my facility at work to start. That was right about 2 years ago, maybe 3, hell I can't remember.
I work in a warehouse with 300 plus people . I am the only vapor and they call me the cho choo train. Hahaha. Weird ....... people still smoking stinkys..

-Mark

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Ok, so just for sh!ts and g!ggles i was bored yesterday and got this wild idea. I had a copper sleeve for my Nuppin' that once was black and then thought, what if it was matched to my Peko... It's not exactly what i was going for, but it is close... I have a darker drip tip inbound that should match it better in a few days. I'm not sure as to how this will hold up to the abuse I sometimes put my stuff through, but what the hey..... All I had was some hammertone paint in the cabinet but thought it would be ok for now. It has about 10-12 coats of clear on it also. It can always be sanded or stripped back to the plain copper and be redone if need be. It seems to be holding up so far.... The ring on the Mephisto will be redone as well to a green or brown/tan to go with the camouflage theme.
33286d43e95ffcc9ae5a2eac3f2f4587.jpg

Last edited:

TheTurk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2014
New jersey
Ok, so just for sh!ts and g!ggles i was bored yesterday and got this wild idea. I had a copper sleeve for my Nuppin' that once was black and then thought, what if it was matched to my Peko... It's not exactly what i was going for, but it is close... I have a darker drip tip inbound that should match it better in a few days. I'm not sure as to how this will hold up to the abuse I sometimes put my stuff through, but what the hey..... All I had was some hammertone paint in the cabinet but thought it would be ok for now. It has about 10-12 coats of clear on it also. It can always be sanded or stripped back to the plain copper and be redone if need be. It seems to be holding up so far.... The ring on the Mephisto will be redone as well to a green or brown/tan to go with the camouflage theme.
33286d43e95ffcc9ae5a2eac3f2f4587.jpg

That looks great , good job [emoji106]

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread