Geek vape L200 voltage display

Mediocre00Rebel

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2022
Using the geek vape l200 mod, it's awesome. I would like to see what the voltage is when I take a draw, but the only way I can see it is if I'm looking in a mirror while inhaling. Is there a way to delay the display so I can see the voltage after I take a draw? There's really no way to see the voltage while I'm vaping. Like it's got a delay for the inhale time, but not the voltage. So far I don't see any way to change this. If not, no big deal. Just curious.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    1684897330890.png

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    I'm not interested in flashy wastes of money for cosmetics. I was the tech and control for experimenting with new tanks, motars, pans. whatever the industry produces.

My cold ohms on my L200 while running a longmada motar 1 was .33. What should I think about that? 25-30w, tcr 800 - 1150( still experimenting).
    No idea, or I have no comment. The amount of detail you provided is severely lacking, BUT your TCR experimenting has given me two GREAT chuckles today. Material itself has a TCR, not what your resistance is, for one, and those Geekvape values make no sense to me.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    No idea, or I have no comment. The amount of detail you provided is severely lacking, BUT your TCR experimenting has given me two GREAT chuckles today. Material itself has a TCR, not what your resistance is, for one, and those Geekvape values make no sense to me.

I think DodR is trying to run TC/TCR using kanthal coils with his GeekVape mod.

At least that's what I understand from a couple of his posts, starting with this post and continuing in that thread.

• Wow
    Reactions: ShamrockPat

DodR

May 15, 2023
    Yes it was brief and leaking details. I will send a couple photos and a video if it lets me and then I will post a longer description of my trial and error with my L200 as well as my L200 nano tank settings.

Attachments

• IMG20230524213911.jpg
      IMG20230524213911.jpg
      2.6 MB · Views: 4
    • IMG20230524213927.jpg
      IMG20230524213927.jpg
      2.2 MB · Views: 4

DodR

May 15, 2023
    My first vape was a Hero 2 I believe. It had the full screen and 2x 18650. Not much different from the L200 Aegis that I have now. I switched to a smaller Z Nano tank so that I could run a lower watt Kanthal Geekvape B series coil 0.6Ω, 15~25W. I’m vaping Finest brand salt Nic juice at around 22 watts on VW mode or at the settings in my previous picture on TCR mode. As far as I can tell, Watts controls the warm up time and TCR (T on screen) controls the temp at which the coil plateaus. With the Kanthal coil this warmup time does not seem to be an issue and its under 2 seconds with the settings I tried. After experimenting with the Motar on TCR mode, setting it for my regular vape juice with the Z Nano was easy. I just turned it way down on everything the first time I attached the Nano and forgot to switch back to VW mode before I hit it. I just settled on the settings you see and it’s a better hit than 22.5 watts.

For over 2 years I never really experimented with my settings. I let the guy at the vape store pick my vape, the mod, the settings. If something was wrong I let them fix it (switch to Z Nano tank for low watt salt nic) anyway they wanted. So, please forgive my ignorance. I learned as much as I could in a very short time.

A few months ago I ordered the Longmada Motar 1 Quartz coil-less Wax Atomizer after seeing my neighbors’ girlfriend screwing one onto my mod. It got me interested in experimenting with my Mod.

I spent a few weeks searching the internet for any information I could find about using a quartz or ceramic heater. Using a bucket or a pan, the Motar 1 is a bucket, I guess. The information was very limited. So, without knowing what the hell I was doing I just started experimenting. I am at this moment waiting for a chance to go pick up my mail where 5 new coils for the Motar 1 and a complete set of the Motar 2 and 3 with Longmada mods are waiting for me. I have very low expectations for the mods. If what I read online is correct. the Motar 2 mod has no settings to change and the Motar 3 has only 3 or 4 different temps, controlled by one button and uses colored lights to tell you which temp setting you are on. But I have a friend who wants no bull to deal with while working out his medical card at the dispensary.

The Longmada Motar 1. This crackpipe looking glass thing was rated by the manufacturer at 25-40watts @ 0.4 ohms. When I first screwed it on my Mod the ohms were rated @ 0.33 and 0.34 for 2 different “coils” by my Aegis L200. I started by just running in variable watts mode as I had not found any useful information about running quartz on TCR yet. I started at 15 watts and just increased a couple degrees at a time until the warmup time was around 10 seconds (my shut off timer) and ended up between 28 and 30 watts. I noticed that the ohms would increase to 0.6 after being heated up and used for a couple weeks if I forgot to lock the ohms while still cold. ALWAYS lock the ohms while still at room temp. I’ll get more exact numbers when my new gear arrives. Also, Always select New when attaching these devices. The ohms sensor on the L200 sets the starting point for all the other settings.
    When I finally decided to try TCR mode I started with my Watts @ 10 (5-200), T @ 50 (0-5000) and my temp at 142 Celsius (100c – 350c?). I expected my oil to liquify at around 142c and to begin vaporizing before reaching 180c and I wanted to avoid going over 220c. but I knew from what I read online that my temp setting would not be the actual temp until the other settings were correct. So, I have a desired temp, a watt value (speed of temp increase + final temp), and a T value (final temp and leveling of final temp). Very rough parameters to work with. If this works, in the end I should be able to set my temp at what ever I want and maintain that temp for up to 1 minute or more.

I began adjusting the watts up 2 degrees at a time after a 20 sec burn just to make sure I wasn’t going to destroy the coil until I reached 18w. Then I began increasing the T value 25 at a time until I began melting at T 350. Now the temp is raised to 170 Celsius. Vaporization happened quickly after that. I should have raised the temp slower. I kept slowly raising the T value to 1125 which is where I had heavy vaporization. I then increased the watts until I had my 10 sec warm up time @ 28.5w which means everything has melted and just barely starting to vape. This was not in my opinion, but not yet in fact, the final temp. At this point everyone was smoking it and didn’t want to watch me play with my settings anymore. Once warmed up it didn’t cool off fast so there was not much of a warmup needed. It was passed around until empty and then I had to take it away to cool down.

I eventually readjusted my watts to 30 and my T to 950. Taking the watts to 35 was a bad idea even with the T at 300. The quartz began glowing like it did on VW mode when the Mod wasn’t manually pulsed. I need my setting to be idiot proof when I pass it around in case someone just holds it for the full 10 sec over and over.

I will keep better records next time which should be within the week if I’m lucky. Working 84 hours a week for a while. I’m exhausted. I’ll check my spelling, grammar and numbers for errors tomorrow at work. Hope this sparks your interest. I need help figuring out what these settings actually mean. A DNA or Dicodes expert should have far better insight than I. I look forward to it.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    Kanthal Geekvape B series coil 0.6Ω, 15~25W. I’m vaping Finest brand salt Nic juice at around 22 watts on VW mode or at the settings in my previous picture on TCR mode.
    Kanthal has never been a TC Material. NOT BY Yihi, Dicodes, or DNA mods. Not one of them ever. And certainly not Geekvape. Geekvape is known for shoddy TC, except for 1, Don't remember or care which one.
    .......... Hope this sparks your interest.
    Nope, not even remotely. I'm out.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

DodR

May 15, 2023
    Kanthal has never been a TC Material. NOT BY Yihi, Dicodes, or DNA mods. Not one of them ever. And certainly not Geekvape. Geekvape is known for shoddy TC, except for 1, Don't remember or care which one.

Nope, not even remotely. I'm out.
    I don't care about kanthal. I never said it was a TC coil. I don't know how to check the temp on a coil submerged in fluid with my laser thermometer anyway. But I have vaped it on TCR mode (when I forget to switch back to VW) and it works just fine. I'm sure the temp is anything but what I set it at. I'm looking for advice on a new mod and running TCR on quartz and ceramic heaters. I agree geekvape l200 isn't accurate enough which is why I am buying something else. Does anyone have a real advice?

Ex

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    But I have vaped it on TCR mode (when I forget to switch back to VW) and it works just fine.

While you were able to vape using TCR mode on your GeekVape mod, it most certainly was not a "true" temperature controlled vape.
    Why? Because GeekVape does not support TC using Kanthal. Simple.

Kanthal is not a TC wire. GeekVape does NOT offer support on any of their mods for temp control using Kanthal.

The TCR of Kanthal A1 = 0.00002 (per BillW50). :greengrin: The lowest you can set the TCR on a GeekVape mod is 010.

The ONLY supported wire types on GeekVape mods are TC-NI (Ni200), TC-TI (Titanium) and TC-SS (Stainless Steel). The End!!!

The TCR setting on a GeekVape mod is there ONLY to tweak the above wire type settings TCR. And specifically, to tweak a TCR within the known ranges for each supported wire.

FWIW, there was only one mod that ever supported Kanthal TC. That was the Hohm Wrecker G2 (2016). And IIRC it required Kanthal NiCr wire.

DodR

May 15, 2023
    While you were able to vape using TCR mode on your GeekVape mod, it most certainly was not a "true" temperature controlled vape.

Kanthal is not a TC wire. GeekVape does NOT offer support on any of their mods for temp control using Kanthal.

The TCR of Kanthal A1 = 0.00002 (per BillW50). :greengrin: The lowest you can set the TCR on a GeekVape mod is 010.

The ONLY supported wire types on GeekVape mods are TC-NI (Ni200), TC-TI (Titanium) and TC-SS (Stainless Steel). The End!!!

The TCR setting on a GeekVape mod is there ONLY to tweak the above wire type settings TCR. And specifically, to tweak a TCR within the known ranges for each supported wire.

FWIW, there was only one mod that ever supported Kanthal TC. That was the Hohm Wrecker G2 (2016). And IIRC it required Kanthal NiCr wire.
    You have obviously missed my point entirely. I don't care about TC Kanthal. I was just messing around with it because that happens to be the coil in my tank. Do you know anything at all about TC quartz or ceramic???

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Does anyone have a real advice?

We gave you "real" advice . . . DNA, Dicodes, Yihi. If you want a specific recommendation, buy a DNA mod.

Go have look at the current DNA mods. Pick one and purchase it. I don't know what you are looking to spend. Some DNA mods are available for around $100 (give or take). The price rises significantly, depending on if you want a fancy mod or a custom-made mod.

Do you want a DNA60, DNA75, DNA75C, DNA100C or a DNA250C mod. Those are the DNA boards Evolv currently has for TC.

After you purchase a DNA mod go and download Escribe. Join the Evolv (DNA) forum and ask whatever questions you might have.

DodR

May 15, 2023
    We gave you "real" advice . . . DNA, Dicodes, Yihi. If you want a specific recommendation, buy a DNA mod.

Go have look at the current DNA mods. Pick one and purchase it. I don't know what you are looking to spend. Some DNA mods are available for around $100 (give or take). The price rises significantly, depending on if you want a fancy mod or a custom-made mod.

Do you want a DNA60, DNA75, DNA75C, DNA100C or a DNA250C mod. Those are the DNA boards Evolv currently has for TC.

After you purchase a DNA mod go and download Escribe. Join the Evolv (DNA) forum and ask whatever questions you might have.
    Thank you. I will do exactly that. Price is mot a major concern. Under $300 would be ideal.
    Next question: Can I plug a Bluetooth dongle into a DNA250c?

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest

DodR

May 15, 2023
    DNA, Dicodes and Yihi do not support TC vaping using quartz or ceramic coils.

No one does.

I do not know.
    I understand that no one supports quartz or ceramic TC. But I'm considering the idea that it's possible and I just need to find the right settings on a more advanced mod. IE a DNA250c. What do you think? It's called an experiment.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I understand that no one supports quartz or ceramic TC. But I'm considering the idea that it's possible and I just need to find the right settings on a more advanced mod. IE a DNA250c. What do you think? It's called an experiment.

I think you are missing the point.

Considering the Evolv engineers never included quartz or ceramic support, I would say the experiment is destined to fail. It will not be a true TC vape in any way, shape or form.

Trying to make any existing chipset work with TC quartz or ceramic coils is a fail. Evolv, Dicodes and Yihi engineers would have had to code and implement TC for quartz and ceramic coils in order for it to function properly. Why aren't you understanding that?

DNA boards (or any other boards) were not engineered to support unknown TC setups (ceramic/quartz).

Trying to make something work for which there is NO SUPPORT - - - is dumb!!!

Your idea might be possible, provided you designed a chipset that runs temp control with ceramic or quartz. That would be a considerable undertaking. One that would require a great deal of engineering knowledge. And in the end it may not work under TC at all. That would be a complete waste of time, energy and money.

If it was me, I would go with one of the supported TC wire types and be done with it. Tailor your vaping needs to one of those wires.
    You can not make it any easier than that!!!

DodR

May 15, 2023
    I think you are missing the point.

Considering the Evolv engineers never included quartz or ceramic support, I would say the experiment is destined to fail. It will not be a true TC vape in any way, shape or form.

Trying to make any existing chipset work with TC quartz or ceramic coils is a fail. Evolv, Dicodes and Yihi engineers would have had to code and implement TC for quartz and ceramic coils in order for it to function properly. Why aren't you understanding that?

DNA boards (or any other boards) were not engineered to support unknown TC setups (ceramic/quartz).

Trying to make something work for which there is NO SUPPORT - - - is dumb!!!

Your idea might be possible, provided you designed a chipset that runs temp control with ceramic or quartz. That would be a considerable undertaking. One that would require a great deal of engineering knowledge. And in the end it may not work under TC at all. That would be a complete waste of time, energy and money.

If it was me, I would go with one of the supported TC wire types and be done with it. Tailor your vaping needs to one of those wires.
    You can not make it any easier t

FWIW? IIRC?

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    @DodR
    If that Motar can run TC, the manufacturer should be able to tell you the TCR value. Hell, he created it. TCR values as shown in material datasheets and steam-engine are usually shown like 880×10-6 (SS316 which expands to 0.000880) or 6000×10-6 (for Ni200 which expands to 0.006000).

Then you have products like the AVS Molecule with their directly energized coil-less ceramic crucible. Some prepaid users are waiting now going on 3 years waiting on their $800 pipe dream mod. Also claims TC, yet the material actually has a negative TCR (or their early ones did). NO standard nicotine vaping mod can handle a negative TCR.

If you apply power to that thing, does the resistance stay the same, go up, or go down?
    All while using straight watts over say a 20-30 second period. Don't do anything special. Put it on the mod, read the resistance in straight watts, hit the power/fire button while watching the resistance. Let me know starting resistance, end resistance.

Mediocre00Rebel

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 23, 2022
    Correction: The YiHi SXmini G Class V2 does not offer Bluetooth support. However, it does offer WiFi support (via a router or hotspot) using a web browser.

DNA, Dicodes, Yihi do not offer Bluetooth support. I do not know of any high-end mod that supports Bluetooth.

I attached the PDF user manual for the YiHi SXmini G Class V2. After reading the manual, to me, it looks like a lot of "flash" and "no real meat" with the device settings. It's settings are very (VERY) basic compared to any Dicodes or DNA mod.

No Yihi mod offers anywhere near the depth of settings a user has control over versus a DNA or Dicodes mod. Yihi settings are very basic. Yihi does offer free PC/Mac software (SXi-Tools) for their mods.

The settings a mod with a Dicodes chipset offers are very deep. DNA mods offer very similar settings.

None of the Chinese mod manufacturers offer what you are looking to do with tweaking deep chipset settings.

The Chinese mod manufacturers (GeekVape, Aspire, Innokin etc. etc.) business model = design a mod and get it out the door fast. They cater to the needs of the average vaper. And there is no issue with that at all, as there have been many decent Chinese mods over the years. Their mods are decent at running basic wattage mode. Compared to DNA, Dicodes or Yihi temp control - Chinese mods are a failure. None has implemented TC anywhere near the Big Three.

FWIW, many of the Chinese manufacturers mods released over the last number of years have completely dropped TC support. TC is not popular with the masses. TC is a niche market within the vaping industry. The majority of vapers want a mod that's easy to setup and use out of the box.

The Chinese did not create temp control vaping. As a result, their mods are mere childs play compared to DNA, Dicodes or Yihi.

Evolv created TC in 2014 with the DNA40 chipset. The German engineers at Dicodes, IMHO, took TC to another level. And that is not to say a Dicodes chipset is better than, or superior to, a DNA chipset.

It all comes down to personal preferences and what an end-user is looking for in a chipset.

You won't find what you are looking for in a basic Chinese mod. IMO, Chinese mods are the equivalent of a 1982 AMC Gremlin (very basic).

From a pure engineering standpoint, I would say a Dicodes chipset is the equivalent of an F-22 Raptor. Yes, the settings on a Dicodes mod are that deep.

IMO, a DNA mod is roughly the equivalent of a F/A-18 block III Super Hornet. DNA chipsets have deep settings but they are not as deep as Dicodes chipsets.

If someone was looking for a recommendation purely based on the depth of settings they have control over, then I would suggest a mod with a Dicodes chipset. There are more settings on a Dicodes mod versus a DNA mod.

If the requirement is to have a device with deep settings control, and an accurate ability to monitor a device in real-time, via a PC/Mac using a USB connection, then a DNA mod with Escribe is the only way to go.

Having said all that, I do like my Yihi, DNA and Dicodes mods. As to who offers the best TC implementation, that comes back to personal preference. Which of the three do I use the most? Dicodes and DNA equally. I haven't used my Yihi mod in quite some time.

Hope that helps!!!
    Mods that connect to Bluetooth and wifi?! I didn't think such a thing existed. I gotta check this out now.

Users who are viewing this thread