Geeking out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainkeltoia

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2011
Maine
I'd like to customize my batts, I know you can use things like duct tape, nail stickers, etc, including buying the skins, I'd love to have a skin however... no one seems to carry any retro gaming styles (ie zelda triforce, final fantasy 8-bit characters, etc). Anyone have any ideas on how I'd go about finding something to use that would stay fairly well? I'm thinking I can get some yellow duct tape and make a triforce on my black ego batt, but I'd really like something spiffy like a black mage on my red battery. Thanks in advance for any ideas/links :D

braxy29

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
San Antonio, TX
i have seen lots of this sort of stuff. just google. i started looking for skins in the last few days, and i've seen space invaders, zelda, pacman, any number of current and retro gaming stuff (not to mention current stuff like halo, assassin's creed, portal 2, etc.). i just looked for X vinyl stickers, and i'm sure i've only scratched the surface.

fans of the retro games are now in 30's and 40's, willing and able to spend money on this stuff, so i'm sure it's there.

as for me, i'm just sorry that the bioshock stickers are too big for my reo mini. :(

rainkeltoia

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2011
Maine
i have seen lots of this sort of stuff. just google. i started looking for skins in the last few days, and i've seen space invaders, zelda, pacman, any number of current and retro gaming stuff (not to mention current stuff like halo, assassin's creed, portal 2, etc.). i just looked for X vinyl stickers, and i'm sure i've only scratched the surface.

fans of the retro games are now in 30's and 40's, willing and able to spend money on this stuff, so i'm sure it's there.

as for me, i'm just sorry that the bioshock stickers are too big for my reo mini. :(

hey i'm only 29 :p Don't make me feel older! but thank you for the link :wub:

Ever1ast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
SW FL Gulf Coast
If you're good with an exacto knife, take a look at this skin site: DecalGirl | MacBook Skins, Kindle Skins, iPad Skins, Laptop Skins, Cellphone Skins and More!
They don't make skins for e-cigs (that I'm aware of) but they use high quality materials and they stick well. I've used their skins for a couple cel phones and my Nook, and they hold up great. If you'd order something thats on the large size, like a laptop or net book skin, you could probably cusom-cut several battery skins from one sheet. Pretty cool designs too.

rainkeltoia

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2011
Maine
If you're good with an exacto knife, take a look at this skin site: DecalGirl | MacBook Skins, Kindle Skins, iPad Skins, Laptop Skins, Cellphone Skins and More!
They don't make skins for e-cigs (that I'm aware of) but they use high quality materials and they stick well. I've used their skins for a couple cel phones and my Nook, and they hold up great. If you'd order something thats on the large size, like a laptop or net book skin, you could probably cusom-cut several battery skins from one sheet. Pretty cool designs too.

You're a genius! Now to hone some skills.... Their stuff is fantastic, I got a ps3 skin from them that was marvelous!

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
My suggestion is to get yourself some Papilio or HP Waterproof sticky vinyl that works with an inkjet printer. There's 3M products that would work, too. That way all you need to snaggle whatever graphics you want from wherever, and print! Lemme see the name of papilio stuff in case you want to grab some. I know you can get it at amazon. Another option, if you dont want an all over design like a skin, is to get the papilio water decal paper for printer. You could print out a sheet with a bunch of tetris block configurations, print the sheet, then cut em out individually and scatter them around your PV. You'd have to use a sealer on top, though.

Papilio stuff I got is... Inkjet Removable Waterproof Vinyl. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread