Geekvape Aegis 100W Box mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obi Wan Vapori

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
Saco,ME,USA
Just went to the Geek vape site and they now show a V1.21 firmware update that just says "More detail is cominng soon". Their spelling...
I would say that it may be a bad idea to use the V1.41 that shows up when you open the V1.2 download (You get both). I honestly think that is firmware for one of their other mods that got put in the file by mistake.

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
They do seem to be making an effort. I love the mod just struggling to adapt to the battery life. I've been using dual battery mods for so long this is driving me crazy. One other issue I have that I hope they will address in the software is seems to me that after about 50 percent discharge I notice the voltage drop in the vape almost like an unregulated mod as the battery gets weaker. Something's not right with that. It should hit the same right up until the battery is dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obi Wan Vapori

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
Saco,ME,USA
If you got the Aspire Cleito tank that has the air flow from the top (like the Exo) and the flavor drops off try unscrewing the top of the tank for a few seconds to release the vacuum. They are know to produce too much and it causes the flavor to go off. Since they don't "breathe" from the bottom you will not get a leak.

ninogui

Feb 8, 2011
Lisbon (Lisboa)
Hi

I got one brown silver.

And I like it. Form and button are great.
I just hope the rubber grip does not break down to sticky overtime, let´s say 3 or 4 years.. If it´s a carbon rich rubber (zerolemon big battery covers for galaxy come to mind) this won´t happen, but if its not.. and I have the feeling it´s not, so only time will tell !

Would be great to have access to optional side panels in all the 4 colors. And that would mean sales surely. Example, I have the brown leather but would like the black panels.

There´s a bug in the 1.21 firmware and Ill report it in. While in Variable Power Control mode if the online atomizer resistance is + or - .010 than the one previously set it will ask for new/old value to be set. This means it is not locking the res value. The res value should only be asked when the value=0 (meaning no atomizer). My whole mod collection does not show this behaviour, shame this one does.

iamtezr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2016
Down Under, Australia
A fellow member from another place has notified me of an "unsafe" issue with the Aegis so it is highly recommended that you update yours to the latest version which is 1.21 if you haven't done so.

Quote:"Aegis owners may want to watch this, apparently Phil has been working with GeekVape to solve some of the issues, notably one that made it "unsafe"

Temp control had issues that made it potentially unsafe...no prompting for old/new coil if you removed and put a hot tank on"

Skip to 13:20 for details about the Aegis..

Credit goes out to Stylemessiah :)

ETA: Note that you may get annoyed with the constant new coil message if you were to rest your mod after usages as there's a bug in V1.21 reported by ninogui (post #76)

Last edited:

spolen23

Jul 30, 2013
chicago, il, USA
The absence of the resistance lock is a major problem. I get the new/old atomizer question dozens of times per day without even taking my addy off. It is very annoying! If the resistance changes, and it will when fired, it asks me the same question and doesn't let me fire it unless i select new or old. Locking the resistance would prevent this. One time it asked me and my old ohm was .10 and the new was .10 so nothing even changed, yet it was still asking me to choose. They NEED to update this. It is not in the 1.22 update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread