hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    All mods should be used as emergency chargers only, you risk damage to both batteries and the mod doing it repeatedly.

I am guilty of charging my mods on my computer at work sometimes. What is the difference between charging say an aegis mini(built in battery) and charging a solo through the usb on the mod? I'm not being a smarty pants, I really don't know although I have seen many people say to not charge in the mod.

BROKEN1981

Apr 20, 2017
    I am guilty of charging my mods on my computer at work sometimes. What is the difference between charging say an aegis mini(built in battery) and charging a solo through the usb on the mod? I'm not being a smarty pants, I really don't know although I have seen many people say to not charge in the mod.
    Efest LUC Blu6 Bluetooth Battery Charger - 18650 Battery Store

I've had this for a few years now. To me, it's an awesome charger. I also use the Android app. It lets me know when it's done charging, lets me select the charge rate as well as turn off the unit from the next room.

BROKEN1981

Apr 20, 2017
    Anyone find that battery life is horrendous on the Ageis X?

On the Legend, I got close to a full day while vaping at 165W. On the X I vape at 155W, same tank and coil setup. Yet it's about 4 hours I get out of it.

Could the large screen really drain battery this badly? I checked to see if there was a firmware update, but the X isn't even listed.

BROKEN1981

Apr 20, 2017
    You’re the first one that I’ve ever heard of running that high of wattage. I haven’t noticed much if any difference in battery life between the X and legend but I only vape around 35 watts.
    I've tried 25-45W. I don't get any vapor. However my GF does. I've never understood why.

In the past, I would inhale cigars.

Then for cigs I would buy Lucky strikes, camels, Marlborough. Also I would take the filters off.

Maybe that would explain why I need big hits?

When I got into vaping I use Johnson's Creek Vea. Move to the Aspire mod with the Nautilus tank. When Johnson's Creek came out with the DNA mod, I moved to that. I won an aspire Atlantis tank on Facebook.

That's when I moved to the Smok Alien 220W and kicked it up to 100W and slowly found that 165W was more satisfying. I have the Smok TFV8 and TFV12.

Waiting for a new tank by GeekVape. Zeus X I believe it's called. Has a rebuildable deck.

SP013

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    Anyone find that battery life is horrendous on the Ageis X?

On the Legend, I got close to a full day while vaping at 165W. On the X I vape at 155W, same tank and coil setup. Yet it's about 4 hours I get out of it.

Could the large screen really drain battery this badly? I checked to see if there was a firmware update, but the X isn't even listed.
    try running the same batteries in the Legend and test it, batteries slowly die after some time and maybe therefor it lasts much shorter now?

chellie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    My X should be here sometime this week. I use the Legend and get great battery life. I hope it is the same on the X - just purchased new batteries for it. Do I need a screen protector? If so, can I just use a regular cell phone one and cut it to size? What about using a glass protector -- instead of vinyl -- anyone use that?

BROKEN1981

Apr 20, 2017
    try running the same batteries in the Legend and test it, batteries slowly die after some time and maybe therefor it lasts much shorter now?
    I do all the time.
    I went back to my Ageis L. Better battery life, takes more pressure to push the buttons.
    The Ageis X looks nice, however the buttons wobble, also trigger way to easy.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I do all the time.
    I went back to my Ageis L. Better battery life, takes more pressure to push the buttons.
    The Ageis X looks nice, however the buttons wobble, also trigger way to easy.
    I've been vaping the Aegis X that was sent to me for review for almost 3 weeks and haven't had a single issue with the mod, I have had the flu for the past couple of weeks and haven't been able to shake it or my review would have been posted last week but it will post this week. I rarely vape over 80 watts but have with the X and have had no short battery issue. My buttons don't wobble either however the fire button is easier to press which is a nice improvement from the Legend , not saying they were bad I just like these better.

chellie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    Just rec'd my X from Sourcemore (yay--yay) and it was packaged well and all checks out. They even sent me some complimentary wire --that was nice.

I did have an experience like @BROKEN1981 sometime back with another company and to this day I'm convinced I was sold a fake. @BROKEN1981 were you able to see the entire number and verify it on the geekvape site?

chellie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    Wow --it is nice looking. Question - was that a screen protector they had on it --I thought it was just packaging stuff and took it off. Tried to put it back and it is all full of bubbles. I see a screen protector in the box. Wonder if I can find a customer glass protector

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread