Geekvape Aegis X kit
Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
I am guilty of charging my mods on my computer at work sometimes. What is the difference between charging say an aegis mini(built in battery) and charging a solo through the usb on the mod? I'm not being a smarty pants, I really don't know although I have seen many people say to not charge in the mod.
THe mini has a single battery and the Aegis X a dual battery, thats one big difference. I often charge my pico 75 which has a single battery inside the device, no issues so far and its charging much faster then in my battery charger.

phill_nz

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2018
I've tried 25-45W. I don't get any vapor. However my GF does. I've never understood why.

In the past, I would inhale cigars.

Then for cigs I would buy Lucky strikes, camels, Marlborough. Also I would take the filters off.

Maybe that would explain why I need big hits?

When I got into vaping I use Johnson's Creek Vea. Move to the Aspire mod with the Nautilus tank. When Johnson's Creek came out with the DNA mod, I moved to that. I won an aspire Atlantis tank on Facebook.

That's when I moved to the Smok Alien 220W and kicked it up to 100W and slowly found that 165W was more satisfying. I have the Smok TFV8 and TFV12.

Waiting for a new tank by GeekVape. Zeus X I believe it's called. Has a rebuildable deck.

i had similar problems
( although not as extreme )
it seems your missing the high throat hit
first things to look at are nicotine level and more importantly type ..
salt nic gives way less TH than freebase ( standard ) nic

buy some 12 - 16mg freebase flavours and see what happens
add some strong mint to give a bigger TH

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
Wow --it is nice looking. Question - was that a screen protector they had on it --I thought it was just packaging stuff and took it off. Tried to put it back and it is all full of bubbles. I see a screen protector in the box. Wonder if I can find a customer glass protector
It is a pvc material screen protector. We didn't make a glass protector for it Since the screen is bend.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
Wow --it is nice looking. Question - was that a screen protector they had on it --I thought it was just packaging stuff and took it off. Tried to put it back and it is all full of bubbles. I see a screen protector in the box. Wonder if I can find a customer glass protector
the package comes with one, i dont knwo if they are going to make screen protectors,
@Geekvape_Official is there any news on this? or more info

well, im still using and exploring mine a lot, i did a par 1 review here, about the battery life: well im pretty into it, i have used both, legend and X and have found a little difference, i have 2 similar tanks, zeus single, built them using same wire and same cotton, will be taking both to endure and see how battery performs, its a shame that the single coil RTa is not suitable for high wattage, but will do ma--best!

Last edited:
Reactions: hittman

Mindreader

Oct 22, 2019
Hello from Germany,

I found this forum via google searching for an Aegis X Mod firmware issue.
It was my fault to answer the related thread in the wrong sub forum so I was forced to asked in this Thread, hopefully this time its the correct one ^^

Maybe someone will not understand why I updated the wrong firmware, I will explain in the quotes:
Reading the manual (the printed one) explained how to do a firmware update, it mentioned to do this with the firmware update program from the Geekvape homepage.

I went to the homepage to the support section, clicked on the link labeled with "To upgrade your firmware for your Geekvape Mods" and found 2 entries, one for 200 watt like I have and one for 100 watt and I selected the 200w program.

There was no idea to install an Apple OS on an Android device just the idea to to an update for my device experting that I choosed the correct one.
And at least I was also assuming that the program checks the model before doing something weird like all other firmware update programs I worked before.

OK this was the explanation for the guys which want to know why, sorry to all others to bother you.

I already created a support ticket but I assume at this time everyone in China is already sleeping.
Any ideas except waiting for the response from the email support team ?

Maybe the guy with the same issue (from the other thread) is also reading this thread an got an answer from the support

PS: Sorry for any Grammar fail

Reactions: bigbob2322

BROKEN1981

Apr 20, 2017
It does power down after 10 seconds but if it's in your pocket and you inadvertently press the power button it's going to fire again.
So I got a new Ageis X. No issues whatsoever. I toss it up as bad luck. Before the first Ageis X, I bought a 2080 TI from Amazon, some idiot decided to buy the 2080 TI, toss in a 2070 and resealed it. So I had the bad luck of it being sent to me.

So if my frustration was apparent on here, I hope people can understand. On a bit of GOOD NEWS, I'm really loving the Zeus X RTA. This thing is a dream to build on. So much easier then my Smok TFV12.

On the V12, the deck would always get suck and I needed pliers to unscrew it from the bottom. The Zeus X has better flavor. I'm actually vaping at 85W now. Also I don't need to be 100% on wicking like I needed to be with the V12.

Overall GeekVape has a lifelong customer now.

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
Hi dear,
Thank you for your feedback and patience, we apologize for your inconvenience, To enhance our professional handling after-sales efficiency, here our professional team email, please feel free to send video and issues to there, april@geekvape.com We will reply you within 3 working days, thanks

Cougar

May 31, 2019
I bought the aegis X from eightvape. One seal on the box was barely connecting both parts of the box. The other seal was only touching 1 part of the box (not even connecting the box) Everything inside looks like it's already been opened and like there is something wiped all over everything. It was even dirty inside where the batteries go. I filled out a ticket at eightvape immediately after I received it. It's been over 2 weeks without a reply. I won't ever order anything from them again. And I'm not going to use this vape.
I'm sure being a geekvape aegis it would of been awesome, and way beyond my expectations. Just not what I received from eightvape. After Christmas I'll probably order another one, just not from eightvape. Or wait for a new aegis to come out. I'll just stick with my aegis legend for now

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I bought the aegis X from eightvape. One seal on the box was barely connecting both parts of the box. The other seal was only touching 1 part of the box (not even connecting the box) Everything inside looks like it's already been opened and like there is something wiped all over everything. It was even dirty inside where the batteries go. I filled out a ticket at eightvape immediately after I received it. It's been over 2 weeks without a reply. I won't ever order anything from them again. And I'm not going to use this vape.
    I'm sure being a geekvape aegis it would of been awesome, and way beyond my expectations. Just not what I received from eightvape. After Christmas I'll probably order another one, just not from eightvape. Or wait for a new aegis to come out. I'll just stick with my aegis legend for now

I wouldn’t give up. I’d keep going until they replace it. Their customer service has been lacking lately. If you can’t get a response through email then I’d go make a post on Facebook. No company wants bad publicity.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread