Geekvape Aegis X kit

Geekvape Aegis X kit
Status
Not open for further replies.

BriarAM

Dec 26, 2019
I just purchased a aegis x about 3 days ago and im curious about screen replacements, im not sure what the screen is made of but i sat it down in my door pocket while i drove to work and now it seems to have caused some kind of reaction. The screen works fine but there's this white film over the right half of the screen that i cant get off so im beginning to think it may be something with the actual screen. I only bought it because my original legend was stolen but im a bit ocd and stuff like this bothers the heck out of me so id like to somehow get it fixed

BriarAM

Dec 26, 2019
And ive only used a damp microfiber cloth to try and clean it and i cigured itd be best if i held off til i got some advice
need a pic of that
and what have you tried to get it off with
if its a "bloom " thats generally caused by contact with a solvent or solvent vapour

Attachments

• 15773986061671017382087850843340.jpg
    15773986061671017382087850843340.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 164

phill_nz

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2018
it looks like its a cover thats half broken off
so check that ( scrape with your thumbnail )

they do come with a soft protective cover usually over another stronger protective cover then the screen

if its not a protective cover the next step is to ask what material the screen is made of then i can give you ( probably ) a method to clean it up

phill_nz

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2018
geekvape thread
ask the geekvape rep

some have another more substantial screen protector under the display film

sadly it will almost definitely come back to having to grind the screen face
its just a question of what to start with
the really hard ones like lexan need course grinding paste to even dent them .. then go finer till its clear again ( a lot of time and work )
the cheaper / softer plastics you can mostly do with metal polish ( brasso or equivalent ) takes 10-30 mins

BriarAM

Dec 26, 2019
geekvape thread
ask the geekvape rep

some have another more substantial screen protector under the display film

sadly it will almost definitely come back to having to grind the screen face
its just a question of what to start with
the really hard ones like lexan need course grinding paste to even dent them .. then go finer till its clear again ( a lot of time and work )
the cheaper / softer plastics you can mostly do with metal polish ( brasso or equivalent ) takes 10-30 mins
Thank you for the help really!

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I just got my Aegis X Classic Silver today. I also have 5 Aegis OG 100W and 3 Aegis Legend mods all purchased in 2018 and all of them are still looking like new and doing well. My second Aegis X might be here as early as tomorrow.

My only complaint about my earlier Aegis mods was the TC. They worked most of the time but sometimes they didn't. The OG would sometimes start out about 60°F too low and then swing up to 50°F too high and then settle on the correct temperature. The Legend would sometimes blast something like 700°F out of the blue. Which would toast the coil for good. The Aegis X promises that the TC is much better than ever. Gee I hope so. :D

Currently I have a 0.15Ω Ni200 Triton coil in an Atlantis EVO tank. So far the TC is stable as a rock. Although it seems to me about 40-50°F hotter than the setting. So 390°F seems more like vaping at 440°F to me. Letting the coil cool down overnight might get it to read the resistance a tad lower than it is right now and that could make it right on the money.

No reviewer ever mentioned this, but I also love the 4 digit puff counter. Previous Aegis only had a 3 digit counter. A three digit counter is good to see how well your batteries are lasting compared to other mods. As I don't think you will ever hit 999 puffs on a single charge on any mod. Right now I have 251 puffs and four out of the six battery bars are still lit. That would mean I have about 60% charge left. If the battery voltage is higher than 3.7v right now, that is incredible. Here let me check them... one is 3.86v and the other 3.87v. OMG that is fantastic battery life!

Now a 4 digit puff counter is really handy for seeing how long your coils are lasting. For example, if you hit 8000 puffs on the same coil, you are doing really good. Many of my favorite coils can hit this mark without flavoring suffering very much. I also keep track of how much juice went through a coil too. And 8000 puffs is usually around 100ml of juice through the coil for coils like Atlantis coils. My FreeMax Mesh Pro coils hit 100ml at around 4500 puffs. But I run them at lower wattage than most. So most will go through 100ml much sooner.

I'll be playing with this more and the other one coming soon. I'll mention anything new I find. So far these are really great mods. Also this post was a bump, so this thread won't get locked.

Last edited:
Reactions: DLKnives

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Currently I have a 0.15Ω Ni200 Triton coil in an Atlantis EVO tank. So far the TC is stable as a rock. Although it seems to me about 40-50°F hotter than the setting. So 390°F seems more like vaping at 440°F to me. Letting the coil cool down overnight might get it to read the resistance a tad lower than it is right now and that could make it right on the money.

Yes overnight the resistance dropped a tad lower and it vapes right on the money now. Oh that first set of batteries lasted 655 puffs and it quit firing when the batteries were at 3.25v. :)

stratocastorNM

Apr 10, 2020
I love my Aegis X, it is all I've used since I got it and the original coil lasted 9 weeks of constant vaping at 70watts. I'd say that's pretty good.
Holy crap.... I don't even think I knew what vaping was... Have never tasted the ejuice compared to other previous smaller vapes... And this is just with the cerebrus tank!! Zeus x and rta incoming!!! What have I started!!!! ;)

Adammccraw

May 19, 2020
So when i went to bed last night everything was fine. Woke up this morning & it's dead. Screen won't turn on. Won't charge. Nada. When i took the batteries out there was juice in the battery compartment. My wife has the same set up & both sets of batteries work fine i hers. Any idea what happened & if it can be fixed?

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Well Adammccraw, the two likely ways juice could have gotten in there is through the USB port or the 510 connector failed to seal. Do you leave your rubber plug off of the USB port? The board probably got juiced. You could try cleaning everything out with alcohol, but the board probably already has been damaged. :(

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Nine week is crazy,it is said sub ohm coil last 2-3 week @ most

I prefer rating coils by how much juice they consumed as it is a bit more telling. Day 10 here with 110ml of juice consumed with no signs that it is near the end yet. Although I am running 38 watts and I am usually a TC vaper. And 38W feels about 430ish°F to me. Generally if you are getting 120ml of juice through a coil, you are doing good. That might be like a month's worth of vaping for some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread