The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
Geekvape_Official
banner.jpg

Geekvape Aegis X kit

Geekvape Aegis X kit
banner.jpg
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BriarAM

BriarAM New Member

Dec 26, 2019
    I just purchased a aegis x about 3 days ago and im curious about screen replacements, im not sure what the screen is made of but i sat it down in my door pocket while i drove to work and now it seems to have caused some kind of reaction. The screen works fine but there's this white film over the right half of the screen that i cant get off so im beginning to think it may be something with the actual screen. I only bought it because my original legend was stolen but im a bit ocd and stuff like this bothers the heck out of me so id like to somehow get it fixed

2. phill_nz

phill_nz Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 1, 2018
    need a pic of that
    and what have you tried to get it off with
    if its a "bloom " thats generally caused by contact with a solvent or solvent vapour

3. BriarAM

BriarAM New Member

Dec 26, 2019
    And ive only used a damp microfiber cloth to try and clean it and i cigured itd be best if i held off til i got some advice

Attached Files:

4. phill_nz

Dec 1, 2018
    it looks like its a cover thats half broken off
    so check that ( scrape with your thumbnail )

they do come with a soft protective cover usually over another stronger protective cover then the screen

if its not a protective cover the next step is to ask what material the screen is made of then i can give you ( probably ) a method to clean it up

5. BriarAM

BriarAM New Member

Dec 26, 2019
    The screen protector that came on the device i did take off i thought it was just a display film so it isnt that and if im being totally honest with ya im unsure of what the screen is made of, ill have to do a bit of digging for that

6. phill_nz

Dec 1, 2018
    geekvape thread
    ask the geekvape rep

some have another more substantial screen protector under the display film

sadly it will almost definitely come back to having to grind the screen face
    its just a question of what to start with
    the really hard ones like lexan need course grinding paste to even dent them .. then go finer till its clear again ( a lot of time and work )
    the cheaper / softer plastics you can mostly do with metal polish ( brasso or equivalent ) takes 10-30 mins

7. BriarAM

BriarAM New Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Thank you for the help really!

8. SP013

SP013 Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    Maybe try to clean it properly with some strong alcohol? Maybe its just the adhesive from the plastic cover that is stuck to the screen?