Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hi there,

With much excitement I am able to write this review for the Aegis X kit which was sent to me by @Geekvape_Official for the purpose of this review.

intro.jpg

The Aegis X kit is the newest dual-18650 battery mod in the Aegis series with its main feature being the massive 2.4 inch screen. The kit comes with the well-known Cerberus tank, a tank that has been around for a while already and is included with other Aegis kits as well.

The kit comes in 8 different colors, I was very happy to see I received the black version, love fully black mods!

Colors-and-overview.png

What do you get in the kit?
  • 1 x Geekvape Aegis X MOD
  • 1 x Cerberus Sub-ohm Tank 5.5ml(Pre-installed: Super Mesh X1 Coil 0.2ohm, bubble glass 5.5ml)
  • 1 x Extra Super Mesh X1 Coil 0.2ohm
  • 1 x Spare Regular Glass Tube 4ml
  • 1 x USB Cable
  • 1 x Spare Parts Pack
  • 1 x User Manual
  • 1x Warranty card
packaging-1.jpg

Packaging-2.jpg

Parameters of this kit:
Aegis X MOD
Kit Size: 90 x 56.1 x 31.3mm
Battery: 2x 18650 Cell (not included)
Input Voltage: 6.2V-8.4V
Output Voltage: 0.1-12V
Output Wattage: 5-200W
Resistance Range: 0.05Ω-3Ω
Display: 2.4 inch OLED screen
Charger: USB 5V 2A
Output mode: Power/VPC/TC/TCR/Bypass
Temperature range: 100℃~315℃ / 200℉~600℉
Thread: 510

Cerberus Subohm Tank
Size: 27 x 46.8mm
Capacity: 5.5ml/2ml
Coil Type: Super Mesh X1 Coil 0.2ohm KA1(30-90W, Best 60-80W)
Thread: 510 thread

resistant.png

Mod navigations:
  • Five clicks of the fire button to turn on and off.
  • Three clicks of the fire button to enter the menu mode.
  • Use up and down to select the profile (M1 to M5) and hit fire to accept.
  • Use up and down to scroll through the modes and fire to accept.
  • Use up and down to adjust settings in the sub menu of each mode.
  • Hold fire to accept the mode and its settings.
  • Fire + up or down to adjust screen brightness.
  • Up + down to lock adjustment buttons but the mod can still be fired.
  • Hold up and down while in the menu to access the Set submenu.
Aegis X Mod:

Pretty sure I wasn’t this excited with any kit I have reviewed so far, the Aegis X was on my mind since the first time I’ve read and seen it.

It is nicely packed and when opening the box, the Aegis X mod straight away shows its specialty, the massive 2.4inch screen pops right out of the box, didn’t expect it to be this large in real. The screen is very sharp and bright.

Big screens do have bigger troubles, the screen is made from plastic which means it easily scratches like we know from other aegis mods. Nice touch from geekvape they included an additional plastic screen cover, but it would be great if Geekvape would also release proper glass protectors next to the plastic covers.

For me the screen is a bit on the massive side though, I am a simple guy that just needs the information from the device, this screen does not show more information than the other aegis mods really, of course navigating the menu is simpler.

The grip and design of this mod makes it a comfortable grip, with the leather texture and silicone build it just fits and holds very well in the hand. The screen is not really having a negative impact on the grip. Also, the mod is not that heavy for a dual battery mod.

Design-1.jpg

Design-2.jpg

Design-3.jpg

The battery door on the bottom opens and closes easily, I do have a feeling however this could be one of the weaknesses of the design, would have to see in the coming months, but I think the battery door can be easily damaged if one is not careful.

Battery.jpg

There is plenty of settings available - screen appearance and colour, 4 profiles, preheat, VPC and bypass mode, along with the normal wattage and TC

Switching through different mods and settings on the device is simple and the big screen makes it super over viewable. Nice additional feature is that in the menu you can choose between 3 different designs which again have 5 different color options each.

screen-designs.jpg

The mod itself just works as well as the other Aegis mods, it has all the features you’d expect from a mod, I myself did not use it in temperature control as I didn’t have any coils on stock that can manage TC.

It has 3 power options, soft, standard and powerful. In my opinion it does not make such a big difference, basically what is does is the following; when in soft the wattage will start around 10% lower than the setting of the mod, but after 1 second or so it will be at the level as set on the device. Standard just starts off at the selected wattage and powerful will in the first second kick off around 10% higher than its setting and then go back in wattage as set on the device.

Looking at the user manual (see below) I couldn’t figure out what ‘AAB’ and ‘Auto’ are standing for in the menu, Geekvape should have included this. Anyways, AAB is balanced battery drainage even when using 2 different capacity batteries. Auto I wasn’t able to find a clear answer, but I’ve read on the internet it allows the mod to define the perfect wattage level for your coil.

Manual-1.jpg

Manual-2.jpg

The fire button is the best I’ve used so far, the shape and quite deep click make it a very nice fire-button. Same counts for the menu buttons, but they are smaller.

I couldn’t resist to put this mod to the test and put it in a jar of water for 5 minutes to see if it really is that waterproof, and the answer is yes, it did survive the test very well. Not the kind of person though to smash it against a wall and get a car to drive over it, but from video’s I’ve seen on the internet it will survive hard smashes and car tires.

jar-water.jpg

One thing I was worried about with this mod and its large screen is the battery cycle I would get out of it with this screen, so I also put that to the test with the mod itself. I did one full cycle with the screen on with a 100% brightness and one full cycle in stealth mod (screen off), during both cycles I was using the exact same coils, batteries (2x VTC5A), juice and wattage level (70W). My puffs in average are between 3.5s-4s

The results:
Screen on 100% brightness – 175 puffs
Stealth mode – 196 puffs

So, in stealth mod it does allow more puffs before the batteries are fully drained, unfortunately every time the device is turned off and back on the stealth mod needs to be activated.

With 2X LG-HG2's (3000mAh each) I got 222 puffs with the exact same settings as mentioned earlier and with the screen on at 100% brightness. Point being, if you are not planning to vape much higher than 90-100 watts, the LG-HG2's are a good choice.

Still 175 puffs is not bad for 70 watts, gets me through more than a full day.

The Cerberus:

Like the vape and flavor on this tank, it gives nice dense and big clouds. It is not the best subohm tank that I’ve tried so far, but it does the job well.

Tank.jpg

The coils included are the Super Mesh X1 mesh coils rated between 30-90 watts (best 60-80 watts), these coils are nice and have a proper longevity, got over a week out of the first coil. They wick well even while chain vaping and their performance is constant, not much flavor drop throughout the whole period. For me the coil performed the best around 70 watts.

However, for me it is a pity that in the kit you get 2 the same coils, it would have been nice if they included the MX2 coil as well.

It is easy to fully take the tank apart for cleaning and coil replacement.

tank-apart.jpg

The airflow is very easily adjustable because of the design of the ring with its straight corners. Also, it is not a very loud airflow, it sounds smooth.

Like the way on how to fill the tank, the top-locking mechanism is opening and closing very well, and the fill holes are quite big.

fill-port.jpg

The drip-tip is the most comfortable I have ever had on a kit tank, not even sure why as the material and looks are very similar to my other drip-tips, it just feels good on the lips. Maybe it has something to do with fact that the 810 connection is sticking out from the top cap a little and therefor feels like a longer drip-tip.

Cerberus has passed my leaking tests. I test most of my tanks in the same way, I fill them all the way and then leave them first up side down overnight and next on its side with the airflow wide open. The Cerberus did not leak at all.

Final Thoughts:

Love pretty much everything about the Aegis X mod, it’s a beautiful mod that is a great addition to the already very highly appreciated Aegis series. With its rugged build and water, dust and shock resistance it’s a mod that will last for a long time. It lays very comfortably in the hands no matter if the screen faces the hand palm or not.

Wish they would have included a different tank in the kit, something newer, more powerful and flavorful. Still the Cerberus is a proper subohm tank for those that are just starting off with DTL vaping, easy to maintain and take apart. But a rebuilder’s edition of the kit with the Zeus X would have been cool.

I would highly recommend this mod for those that are looking for a proper dual battery mod, with its rugged design and resistance to water, shock and dust you cant go wrong.

The screen is nice and bright and because of its size navigating through the device is simpler then on the tinier Aegis screens, it does however have influence on the battery life, not very much, but it does.

For those who are interested in this kit, it is available for 96$ on the official Geekvape website:
Geekvape Aegis X Zeus Kit 200W Geek Vape Online Store

In case you don’t need the Cerberus tank, the mod also sells separately for around 75$.

Stay up to date of the latest Geekvape news and releases via their facebook:
GeekVape

Thank you for reading my review and take care.

SP013.

Reactions: hittman

Soundtech9

Aug 30, 2020
Hi. Great Review. i need to read it again.

Some of the reviews are saying the Aegis X has poor battery life and more of an issue, the battery door doesn't shut? i almost ordered the Legend. Do you think people just aren't shutting the battery door correctly? what can i do to prevent this once i receive the mod? Or should i return it for a Legend?
Any help is greatly appreciated!!

any help is greatly appreciated!!
Cheers!!

Hi there,

With much excitement I am able to write this review for the Aegis X kit which was sent to me by @Geekvape_Official for the purpose of this review.

intro.jpg

The Aegis X kit is the newest dual-18650 battery mod in the Aegis series with its main feature being the massive 2.4 inch screen. The kit comes with the well-known Cerberus tank, a tank that has been around for a while already and is included with other Aegis kits as well.

The kit comes in 8 different colors, I was very happy to see I received the black version, love fully black mods!

Colors-and-overview.png

What do you get in the kit?
  • 1 x Geekvape Aegis X MOD
  • 1 x Cerberus Sub-ohm Tank 5.5ml(Pre-installed: Super Mesh X1 Coil 0.2ohm, bubble glass 5.5ml)
  • 1 x Extra Super Mesh X1 Coil 0.2ohm
  • 1 x Spare Regular Glass Tube 4ml
  • 1 x USB Cable
  • 1 x Spare Parts Pack
  • 1 x User Manual
  • 1x Warranty card
packaging-1.jpg

Packaging-2.jpg

Parameters of this kit:
Aegis X MOD
Kit Size: 90 x 56.1 x 31.3mm
Battery: 2x 18650 Cell (not included)
Input Voltage: 6.2V-8.4V
Output Voltage: 0.1-12V
Output Wattage: 5-200W
Resistance Range: 0.05Ω-3Ω
Display: 2.4 inch OLED screen
Charger: USB 5V 2A
Output mode: Power/VPC/TC/TCR/Bypass
Temperature range: 100℃~315℃ / 200℉~600℉
Thread: 510

Cerberus Subohm Tank
Size: 27 x 46.8mm
Capacity: 5.5ml/2ml
Coil Type: Super Mesh X1 Coil 0.2ohm KA1(30-90W, Best 60-80W)
Thread: 510 thread

resistant.png

Mod navigations:
  • Five clicks of the fire button to turn on and off.
  • Three clicks of the fire button to enter the menu mode.
  • Use up and down to select the profile (M1 to M5) and hit fire to accept.
  • Use up and down to scroll through the modes and fire to accept.
  • Use up and down to adjust settings in the sub menu of each mode.
  • Hold fire to accept the mode and its settings.
  • Fire + up or down to adjust screen brightness.
  • Up + down to lock adjustment buttons but the mod can still be fired.
  • Hold up and down while in the menu to access the Set submenu.
Aegis X Mod:

Pretty sure I wasn’t this excited with any kit I have reviewed so far, the Aegis X was on my mind since the first time I’ve read and seen it.

It is nicely packed and when opening the box, the Aegis X mod straight away shows its specialty, the massive 2.4inch screen pops right out of the box, didn’t expect it to be this large in real. The screen is very sharp and bright.

Big screens do have bigger troubles, the screen is made from plastic which means it easily scratches like we know from other aegis mods. Nice touch from geekvape they included an additional plastic screen cover, but it would be great if Geekvape would also release proper glass protectors next to the plastic covers.

For me the screen is a bit on the massive side though, I am a simple guy that just needs the information from the device, this screen does not show more information than the other aegis mods really, of course navigating the menu is simpler.

The grip and design of this mod makes it a comfortable grip, with the leather texture and silicone build it just fits and holds very well in the hand. The screen is not really having a negative impact on the grip. Also, the mod is not that heavy for a dual battery mod.

Design-1.jpg

Design-2.jpg

Design-3.jpg

The battery door on the bottom opens and closes easily, I do have a feeling however this could be one of the weaknesses of the design, would have to see in the coming months, but I think the battery door can be easily damaged if one is not careful.

Battery.jpg

There is plenty of settings available - screen appearance and colour, 4 profiles, preheat, VPC and bypass mode, along with the normal wattage and TC

Switching through different mods and settings on the device is simple and the big screen makes it super over viewable. Nice additional feature is that in the menu you can choose between 3 different designs which again have 5 different color options each.

screen-designs.jpg

The mod itself just works as well as the other Aegis mods, it has all the features you’d expect from a mod, I myself did not use it in temperature control as I didn’t have any coils on stock that can manage TC.

It has 3 power options, soft, standard and powerful. In my opinion it does not make such a big difference, basically what is does is the following; when in soft the wattage will start around 10% lower than the setting of the mod, but after 1 second or so it will be at the level as set on the device. Standard just starts off at the selected wattage and powerful will in the first second kick off around 10% higher than its setting and then go back in wattage as set on the device.

Looking at the user manual (see below) I couldn’t figure out what ‘AAB’ and ‘Auto’ are standing for in the menu, Geekvape should have included this. Anyways, AAB is balanced battery drainage even when using 2 different capacity batteries. Auto I wasn’t able to find a clear answer, but I’ve read on the internet it allows the mod to define the perfect wattage level for your coil.

Manual-1.jpg

Manual-2.jpg

The fire button is the best I’ve used so far, the shape and quite deep click make it a very nice fire-button. Same counts for the menu buttons, but they are smaller.

I couldn’t resist to put this mod to the test and put it in a jar of water for 5 minutes to see if it really is that waterproof, and the answer is yes, it did survive the test very well. Not the kind of person though to smash it against a wall and get a car to drive over it, but from video’s I’ve seen on the internet it will survive hard smashes and car tires.

jar-water.jpg

One thing I was worried about with this mod and its large screen is the battery cycle I would get out of it with this screen, so I also put that to the test with the mod itself. I did one full cycle with the screen on with a 100% brightness and one full cycle in stealth mod (screen off), during both cycles I was using the exact same coils, batteries (2x VTC5A), juice and wattage level (70W). My puffs in average are between 3.5s-4s

The results:
Screen on 100% brightness – 175 puffs
Stealth mode – 196 puffs

So, in stealth mod it does allow more puffs before the batteries are fully drained, unfortunately every time the device is turned off and back on the stealth mod needs to be activated.

With 2X LG-HG2's (3000mAh each) I got 222 puffs with the exact same settings as mentioned earlier and with the screen on at 100% brightness. Point being, if you are not planning to vape much higher than 90-100 watts, the LG-HG2's are a good choice.

Still 175 puffs is not bad for 70 watts, gets me through more than a full day.

The Cerberus:

Like the vape and flavor on this tank, it gives nice dense and big clouds. It is not the best subohm tank that I’ve tried so far, but it does the job well.

Tank.jpg

The coils included are the Super Mesh X1 mesh coils rated between 30-90 watts (best 60-80 watts), these coils are nice and have a proper longevity, got over a week out of the first coil. They wick well even while chain vaping and their performance is constant, not much flavor drop throughout the whole period. For me the coil performed the best around 70 watts.

However, for me it is a pity that in the kit you get 2 the same coils, it would have been nice if they included the MX2 coil as well.

It is easy to fully take the tank apart for cleaning and coil replacement.

tank-apart.jpg

The airflow is very easily adjustable because of the design of the ring with its straight corners. Also, it is not a very loud airflow, it sounds smooth.

Like the way on how to fill the tank, the top-locking mechanism is opening and closing very well, and the fill holes are quite big.

fill-port.jpg

The drip-tip is the most comfortable I have ever had on a kit tank, not even sure why as the material and looks are very similar to my other drip-tips, it just feels good on the lips. Maybe it has something to do with fact that the 810 connection is sticking out from the top cap a little and therefor feels like a longer drip-tip.

Cerberus has passed my leaking tests. I test most of my tanks in the same way, I fill them all the way and then leave them first up side down overnight and next on its side with the airflow wide open. The Cerberus did not leak at all.

Final Thoughts:

Love pretty much everything about the Aegis X mod, it’s a beautiful mod that is a great addition to the already very highly appreciated Aegis series. With its rugged build and water, dust and shock resistance it’s a mod that will last for a long time. It lays very comfortably in the hands no matter if the screen faces the hand palm or not.

Wish they would have included a different tank in the kit, something newer, more powerful and flavorful. Still the Cerberus is a proper subohm tank for those that are just starting off with DTL vaping, easy to maintain and take apart. But a rebuilder’s edition of the kit with the Zeus X would have been cool.

I would highly recommend this mod for those that are looking for a proper dual battery mod, with its rugged design and resistance to water, shock and dust you cant go wrong.

The screen is nice and bright and because of its size navigating through the device is simpler then on the tinier Aegis screens, it does however have influence on the battery life, not very much, but it does.

For those who are interested in this kit, it is available for 96$ on the official Geekvape website:
Geekvape Aegis X Zeus Kit 200W Geek Vape Online Store

In case you don’t need the Cerberus tank, the mod also sells separately for around 75$.

Stay up to date of the latest Geekvape news and releases via their facebook:
GeekVape

Thank you for reading my review and take care.

SP013.

Last edited:
Reactions: SP013

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hi. Great Review. i need to read it again.

Some of the reviews are saying the Aegis X has poor battery life and more of an issue, the battery door doesn't shut? i almost ordered the Legend. Do you think people just aren't shutting the battery door correctly? what can i do to prevent this once i receive the mod? Or should i return it for a Legend?
Any help is greatly appreciated!!

any help is greatly appreciated!!
Cheers!!

Only thing I can tell is that I personally like the Legend more, not because there is a significant different in battery life, but simply because to me it feels more robust without a large screen.

If its about the battery door, I find the one on the X definitely better than on the Legend, but both shut down and open properly, it is just a matter of taking some focus to do so.

If I would be able to choose I would return and change for a legend, but its really my personal opinion, if you like the big screen on the X then I think you should stick with the X.

Soundtech9

Aug 30, 2020
Only thing I can tell is that I personally like the Legend more, not because there is a significant different in battery life, but simply because to me it feels more robust without a large screen.

If its about the battery door, I find the one on the X definitely better than on the Legend, but both shut down and open properly, it is just a matter of taking some focus to do so.

If I would be able to choose I would return and change for a legend, but its really my personal opinion, if you like the big screen on the X then I think you should stick with the X.

This really helps. Thank you! I had a feeling the Legend was a bit more solid or robust as you said.

Gonna see if Element vape can change my order before it ships.

I just exchanged it for a Legend. limited edition. thanks again for that advice. only element vape had It left in stock and it only had one color, lol. So obviously it's pretty good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread