Geekvape Ammit -- another single coil option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Got my black Ammit three days ago. I see several people with problems wicking so I thought I would comment with my experience. If you are using temp control probably no issue but I run plain wattage mode and I found the Ammit likes to stay with builds above .5 ohms. I use 70/30 juice and if I keep it below 30 watts with builds above .5 (usually .6-.8) then no dry hits and no wicking problems. Flavor is on a par with my Griffin 25 plus. When I tried using lower ohm build with higher power the problems I see in this thread are all there.

Basically the Ammit is a great little tank if you keep the ohms up and the power down. Good flavor and nice clouds for a single coil.So far no leaking.

Reactions: hittman

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I hope that thtank would be better in aroma, like a serpent mini in vapour production and aroma but it consumption is abnormal...more like a dual coil setting atom...
Agreed mine also sucks juice like a dual coil and that is with 26/28ga Kanthal twist. It also produces vapor almost like a dual coil. At 3.5mil you will be refilling often.

tehcrs

Feb 6, 2017
Bought this bad boy recently and it's been great. It's my first RTA and I couldn't have made a better choice. Huge plus for both liquid and airflow control.

I've been using it with 80VG juice, 27 kanthal wire, 0.7 ohms, 28 watts. Flavor and vapor both are incredible.

Highly recommend this tank for at least anybody who would love to give DIY a go.

Day Stone

Feb 26, 2017
Been using my Ammit for a little over a week now, and finally got my wicking to a point where I'm somewhat satisfied. What I don't understand at all is the way reviewers are wicking this thing, using so much cotton that they fill up the pit and block the holes completely. When I attempt this I get horrible results. My best results come from using minimal cotton, having it barely touch the bottom of the pit, not covering the holes at all (like the official Ammit "picture guide" shows). Any more opinions on this? I don't understand how the reviewers can chainvape like they do at 50w+ with that kind of wicking.

Morkiz

Feb 19, 2017
Been using my Ammit for a little over a week now, and finally got my wicking to a point where I'm somewhat satisfied. What I don't understand at all is the way reviewers are wicking this thing, using so much cotton that they fill up the pit and block the holes completely. When I attempt this I get horrible results. My best results come from using minimal cotton, having it barely touch the bottom of the pit, not covering the holes at all (like the official Ammit "picture guide" shows). Any more opinions on this? I don't understand how the reviewers can chainvape like they do at 50w+ with that kind of wicking.

I have been strugeling just like you. My last and best attempt was to put more wick. Have been trying with minimal cotton like you, but had so many dry hits.. Now used more cotton, so it has some resistance while pulling the cotton in coil, but then trim like 30-40% of the wicks going out from coil and put them so they barely touches the holes, been vaping 0.6ohm on 35w with good warm taste and no dry hits.

Reactions: Day Stone

Day Stone

Feb 26, 2017
I have been strugeling just like you. My last and best attempt was to put more wick. Have been trying with minimal cotton like you, but had so many dry hits.. Now used more cotton, so it has some resistance while pulling the cotton in coil, but then trim like 30-40% of the wicks going out from coil and put them so they barely touches the holes, been vaping 0.6ohm on 35w with good warm taste and no dry hits.

Just tried this and seems pretty good so far, thanks. Let's keep updates going here if we learn something new.

Reactions: markfm

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
The Ammit arrived today.
I installed a Juggernaut coil, wicked it with Rayon and thinned the tails by 50%. Fluffed the ends, cut them just past the top of the juice well and tucked them in.

The flavor on this RTA is stellar, 0.4 ohm build at 60W and it's wicking like a charm with 70+ VG. Early days yet. :D

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
For what it's worth, I tried Kendo Vape Gold first and had terrible results. Lots of dry hits. Then I tried cotton Bacon and it was better but still got some dry hits. Finally switched to Muji Japanese cotton and all is perfect. I must have run more than 20 tanks through my Ammit with the Muji even rewicked a few times and never had a dry hit or any wicking problem. I just trim the cotton to just rest barely touching the bottom of the juice well. I do comb it out well but I do that for all my rta's. I think the selection of cotton is more critical on the Ammit than many other rta's. Just my experience.

Reactions: TrollDragon

cyberpunx

Mar 3, 2017
Hello everybody,
I just signed up here to post this message, after 2 days of constant rebuilding. Hoping to get a cure to my Ammit.

Now I installed 24ga kanthal 3.5mm spaced build reading at 0.6ohms, using Cotton Bacon, thick juice. I achieved really nice juiceflow by using the cotton on the "more" side. I didn't stuff in too much cotton, it slides easy in, but compared to the lesser cotton builds this wicked efficiently. Chain vaping and no dry taste.

Now my problem is, it gurgles too much for my liking. The gurgle is up to the point of spitting back, although it doesnt reach my tongue all the time, gurgles are sometimes in small explosions, it makes me really uncomfortable.

I am trying vaping between 27-47 watts. On lower wattages, the gurgling really minimizes with a loss of flavor. Here it starts clean and gurgles afterwards. On higher wattages gurgles are much powerful, starts in beginning, somewhat diminishes afterwards. Here the explosions are more pronounced. On medium (37) watts it vapes better, but all the time with medium gurgle.

While using less cotton, I was able to eliminate gurgling, however the hits were easily getting dry.

Now dear Ammit users, what is your situation with gurgling? Is your device vaping with a clean "ssshh" sound? Do you have any recommendations for me?

Any help appreciated...

edit: After reading my own message, for the pattern it vapes on different wattages, it raised a point that it may not be heating enough, so I raised to 55 watts, and it's getting better. Now it starts with with a pop, and continues smoother. It started that dry taste again. Isn't this wattage too much for my build at 0.6 ohms? (around 6 volts, 9.7A it reads).

Last edited:
Reactions: TrollDragon

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I had something really weird happen yesterday with my ammit. It had been in a drawer at work all day and left work and started to take a couple drags. It seemed a little tight on the draw and I suddenly had liquid pouring down the side of my mod. It dumped about a third of the tank. Luckily I keep a towel in my car so wrapped it and checked it when I got home. After a wipe down everything seems fine now. I never have leaking issues with it. I wonder if it lost vacuum or something.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread