Looking for new mtl tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitchy

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Haverhill, UNITED KINGDOM
I’m torn between geekvape ammit 25mm, obs engine, or vandyvape kylin. Are those mtl tanks? I think they are, but never sure. I only want single coil, and I build my coils the wrong way round for some devices... lol. So any ideas? I want tank option to be reasonable amount of juice too.... and no leaks if poss... Any ideas appreciated as I have got that itchy fingers thing.... lol... shinies... in love with the postman... joke

Reactions: smacuser

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
I’m torn between geekvape ammit 25mm, obs engine, or vandyvape kylin. Are those mtl tanks? I think they are, but never sure. I only want single coil, and I build my coils the wrong way round for some devices... lol. So any ideas? I want tank option to be reasonable amount of juice too.... and no leaks if poss... Any ideas appreciated as I have got that itchy fingers thing.... lol... shinies... in love with the postman... joke
There is a geekvape ammit mtl rda, and it is getting lots of praise...
Geekvape ammit mtl rda

(but no RTA, but maybe they are working on it since the RDA seems to be a hit)

Reactions: fitchy

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Dvarw is ok. Nothing wrong with it, and it's my 2nd favorite. My negatives for it are that it's got more parts & o-rings than I'd think it would need, chimney cap sometimes sticks in the tank, sometimes on the deck when disassembling, no adjustable AF, a little more fiddly to get the wicks correct against the holes, and just a little less TH than I like. But it is still my #2 at the moment.

For me, nothing beats the SXK Doggy. I like it better than Kayfun Prime or 5, Siren 2, Berserker, Ares (which are all good mtl tanks). Not only do I think it gives the best vape, it's absolutely trouble free. Never had even a tiny leak or seepage, never a gurgle or dry hit out of it, and I go 100% VG. For MTL, I don't think you'd really go wrong with any I mentioned above though - better than trying to restrict a DL, anyway. Doggy only holds a couple ml juice, but sips it. Yeah, I know it's bottom fill, and I thought it'd be a negative, but it's really so easy it's not even funny. And this design really prevents leaking. At $10, I'd say it's worth a try, anyway.

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
Thanks, but really wanted top fill, dvarw is bottom only isn’t it.... maybe I’ll stick with my sirens.. I have a berserker but not overly keen as had problems with it. My sirens v2 have been a god send so far.

If you want something little different than Siren ( I have 2 and like them very much) you could try Savor... IMHO it is very good tank with flavor as good as Dwarv or Doggy(I have Dwarv and Doggy) but a little cooler at the same wattage and very smooth and quiet draw... I am using my Savour with 2.5 mm insert and do not know how it vape with 1mm insert but I usually can't enjoy any MTL atty that has very tight "Berserker style" draw... so I am not in hurry to try such with Savour. Savour has top filling, easy two post coil mounting (similar to OBS where both coil legs face the same direction) and relatively easy wicking. So far ( I use it for about a month) had no leaking...

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
Yeah, I know it's bottom fill, and I thought it'd be a negative, but it's really so easy it's not even funny. And this design really prevents leaking. At $10, I'd say it's worth a try, anyway.

It is funny...;)

I have 2 doggies one SXK (broken tank so no longer used) and another with bigger hole under coil. I cannot say I dislike this tank and I agree that for somebody who like to save money by using as little juice as possible it is good choice but for somebody who like to change tanks/flavors it can be no case... I do not mind bottom fill but can honestly say that bottom filling on doggy.... sucks... To be able fill you have to take AF ring first... or... insert tiny diameter screwdriver into AF slot to put some pressure...

Yeah...I know... I could screw the tank with minimal force and unscrewing it would not required above steps...

... once I did... and when I wanted change tanks on my mod (wanted switch flavor) I forgot about it and unscrewed only top part that had half of tank juice that spilled over deck still attached to my mod... lack of AF ring stop is annoying Doggy issue...

Yes You can use Doggy without AF ring but what I like about doggy is its look... with AF ring that simplistic but attractive look is somewhat compromised...

Biggest gripe with doggy (and Dwarv as well) is that old fashioned coil mounting...so many times one of the leggs slipped out after I tried to slightly re position it... and with the doggy built options are extremely limited... 2mm id works best... 2.5 is possible... lenght of coil is limited if you do not want to struggle with mangled awkward coil legs...

Considering price and quality of vape it produce... simplicity and nice look... Doggy is worth to buy... but overall it is not the holy grail of vaping... for such thing I am still waiting...:D

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Thanks, but really wanted top fill, dvarw is bottom only isn’t it.... maybe I’ll stick with my sirens.. I have a berserker but not overly keen as had problems with it. My sirens v2 have been a god send so far.
Check the Vapefly Galaxies. Hasn't been reviewed much, don't know why...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread