Geekvape ammit mtl rda

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostTedd

Jul 3, 2018
Miri
Yeah each to its own. That is just the thing about vaping. The thing I found with this Ammit, is coil placement is critical. Shifting it around makes a real difference. Its worth the while playing around with it.
I have to say here again...English isn't my first language, so I tend to sound like i'm coming on to strong sometimes. I really don't mean it that way at all. My word choice just isn't the best some times...;)
And i'm almost 300 years old...so its not easy to pick it up that quick anymore...!
I can understand all you have posted. :)

Jay DeKay

Mar 26, 2018
Germany
20180802_213207.jpg

Got vapemail today. Pulse 80w (my first squonk mod) and ammit mtl rda (my first rda). I am pretty happy so far. Installed one of the included coils and am vaping in power mode. Tc on a simple ss round wire will be tested soon. On my rta i am tc only...
First impression: Pretty good flavour (it can compete with my kay prime if i open the afc up to a point, where it's more restricted dl, rather than open mtl). Only con so far is that i get some condensation under the drip tip.
All in all, a very interesting experience.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
YAY my vape store finally got em in stock :D
Been vaping on it like a madman (forgot it was mtl and got myself 3mg instead of 6 XD)
loving it so far, just need to find my sweetspot and get use to doing mtl again which i haven't done really in a year :p

Still had to contact Geekvape right off the bat as all the rdas my store received were dirty out of the box + i think there's a screwdriver missing 0.0 (not the one with 3 heads but seems there's another one in the box which i don't)

Will try a new build this weekend for sure with higher 0hms as claptons are a bit too much imo for mtl,but included coils are doing nicely for now at 23 watts.

xvMIvOL.jpg

Edit: if anyone reads this i'd like to get a couple of builds example you guys are using, i'm soon to try and make one with kanthal A1 and i'm curious to know some people's taste for mtl builds (haven't done mtl with a vape for a long time xD).

Last edited:

GhostTedd

Jul 3, 2018
Miri
YAY my vape store finally got em in stock :D
Been vaping on it like a madman (forgot it was mtl and got myself 3mg instead of 6 XD)
loving it so far, just need to find my sweetspot and get use to doing mtl again which i haven't done really in a year :p

Still had to contact Geekvape right off the bat as all the rdas my store received were dirty out of the box + i think there's a screwdriver missing 0.0 (not the one with 3 heads but seems there's another one in the box which i don't)

Will try a new build this weekend for sure with higher 0hms as claptons are a bit too much imo for mtl,but included coils are doing nicely for now at 23 watts.

xvMIvOL.jpg

Edit: if anyone reads this i'd like to get a couple of builds example you guys are using, i'm soon to try and make one with kanthal A1 and i'm curious to know some people's taste for mtl builds (haven't done mtl with a vape for a long time xD).
After the included Ni80 0.67ohm coil, I am currently vaping at 0.93 ohms using Kanthal A1 26G ID3 6.5 wraps. The vape is not as warm as the included coil but I am still very satisfied with the flavor I get from this Ammit MTL RDA.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I recently picked one up but haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

I'm also kind of in the camp of if I'm going to use a clapton or something other than simple wire, it's going to be a restricted DTL or DTL build.

I got mine with the plans of using it on a Pico Squeeze (the original). Wanted a small RDA I could use for simple Kanthal wire builds. Probably 28-30g wire, maybe like 1-1.5 ohms. I know wide open, it provides a pretty decent restricted DTL vape, so I can always use it for that if I don't like it for that purpose.

I usually DTL, but am looking to find a small squonk setup I can use for high resistance MTL vaping with high nic salts. I'm planning on getting a VV Simple EX for this as soon as I can find them, but figured the OG Squeeze with the Ammit would probably would pretty darn well. And I'll get incredible battery life with an HG2. :)

Once the Simple EX arrives, I'm going to build it and the Ammit/Squeeze with similar builds so I can compare them.

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2015
Ok, so I put in a ticket at 3fvape for the issue that I described earlier. At first they told me that they would notify "the factory" about the issue. Then I didn't hear back for a couple of weeks, so I asked them again for progress in the matter. After that there was a lot of back and forth, asking the same questions multiple times, weird questions etc. I was diplomatic and patient all along, and in the latest message they offered me a new one or exchange it for any other product in their store :w00t: I opted for an YFTK Convergent Styled, which I already have one of and enjoy a lot.

Good on 3fvape for making it right. I don't think I would get that kind of compensation at FT.

My biggest hope, though, is that Geekvape really got my message/video and release an updated design in the future. All it takes is an o-ring where the inner bell meets the build deck. While the Convergent is at least tilt proof, I would trust something like the Ammit more when it comes to bouncing around in my pockets without spilling juice.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Jay DeKay

Mar 26, 2018
Germany
Ok. Time for a second impression:
Not a single leaking incident.
The issue with the condensation sucked. All of the included driptips failed. Solved the problem by changing to a Nautilus 2 driptip.
When it comes to flavour, my first impression might have been too enthusiastic. Compared to the Prime, the Prime got beaten in just one of my four all day liquids.
It has to be considered, that i am a (not too restricted) mtl vaper.
But I don't regret, that i've bought it.

TraderX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2015
Philly Suburbs
Ok, so I put in a ticket at 3fvape for the issue that I described earlier. At first they told me that they would notify "the factory" about the issue. Then I didn't hear back for a couple of weeks, so I asked them again for progress in the matter. After that there was a lot of back and forth, asking the same questions multiple times, weird questions etc. I was diplomatic and patient all along, and in the latest message they offered me a new one or exchange it for any other product in their store :w00t: I opted for an YFTK Convergent Styled, which I already have one of and enjoy a lot.

Good on 3fvape for making it right. I don't think I would get that kind of compensation at FT.

My biggest hope, though, is that Geekvape really got my message/video and release an updated design in the future. All it takes is an o-ring where the inner bell meets the build deck. While the Convergent is at least tilt proof, I would trust something like the Ammit more when it comes to bouncing around in my pockets without spilling juice.

You my friend, were very lucky indeed! 3Fvape has the most horrifyingly bad customer service I have ever encountered with any company ever in my entire life. I have two separate charge backs filed right now with my MasterCard over their nonsense. Honestly, most times you will not have a problem, but if you do, their blatant disregard and shameful behavior towards customers would shock anyone.

On the contrary, Fasttech is a huge and very reputable company that will bend over backwards to satisfy customers. Hundreds of vapers will verify that fact. Besides yourself, not many people make that claim for 3FVape.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Fasttech and Buybest only is my motto. And, I am coming to really love Buybest and I think the shipping is slightly quicker.. They both have great pricing, it's certainly possible that fasttech has more stuff.

Gearbest.... Ugh. 3FVape no issues really with credit cards but man, it takes FOREVER to arrive. I literally forgot I ordered something one time, decided I had NOT ordered it at all, and ordered the item elsewhere. Fortunately well, the first item I gave to the husband since he liked it so much, so it was fortuitous. It was also like, SO SLOW. I mean, the second copy of the item that I ordered FAR later (from Fasttech) arrived first. LOL.

Anna

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2015
Gearbest.... Ugh. 3FVape no issues really with credit cards but man, it takes FOREVER to arrive. I literally forgot I ordered something one time, decided I had NOT ordered it at all, and ordered the item elsewhere. Fortunately well, the first item I gave to the husband since he liked it so much, so it was fortuitous. It was also like, SO SLOW. I mean, the second copy of the item that I ordered FAR later (from Fasttech) arrived first. LOL.

Well that largely depends on shipping method. 3fvape does epacket, so if you opt for that it will be pretty fast. Unlike FT they will not sell you the item (AFAIK) if they do not have it in stock.

People have different experiences with these things. Often there's someone either on the FT forums, on reddit or here, who will rant about bad CS experiences on FT, 3fvape and others.

Quite often I think the language barrier has something to do with it. In my ticket concerning the Ammit RDA I had to repeat the same things multiple times, send several pics and two videos. I would have good reason to get ...... off in the midst of it, but I didn't really care that much so patience was not really that much of a stretch. I guess in this case it payed off, but it might not be the case always.

Reactions: stols001

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
Is this a good price? Thinking of trying one.
GeekVape Ammit 22mm MTL RDA
It’s certainly a lot cheaper than what I paid, and from the pictures it looks like it’s the original with all its accessories, so I would say go for it. I paid 43 Swiss francs, which is almost exactly 43 US$, but that was in a shop (and it’s an expensive country, generally). My ‘problem’ is that I have two Vandyvape Berserker Mini RTAs, and they taste so good that I use the Ammit very rarely, even though I’ve got a DNA 75 squonk mod to use it with. But it’s a great RDA and very easy to build on, plus it looks really cool in blue.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Is this a good price? Thinking of trying one.
GeekVape Ammit 22mm MTL RDA
Looks like a great price and from a solid vendor. I haven’t used mine in awhile but it is a nice rda. In fact I’m using both drip tips that came with the Ammit. Really like the included drip tips. They do a good job condensing flavor and restricting the pull whilst being comfortable on the lips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread