GeekVape Blitzen RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
I took a video put it back together and the video won't post here. New vapor here all I'm gong to try my best to explain.
The build deck spins. I screw it onto the tab mini and twist it on. The deck at some point stops spinning like it's tight but the base around the deck will still spin. Putting in the coils works fine but then tying to straighten them with a jig/ screw driver the build deck will start to unscrew from the base. So I will grab the build deck with the ceramic tweezers to keep it still and straighten the coils. Because grabbing the circular portion around the build deck sites nothing because the build deck still moves. Confessions. When I got the tank it took knee about. 40 mins to take the fill portion off. Not the to cap but the piece you need that metal pic looking thing. (Do have arthritic hands) I don' think I applied to much force getting it off. And screwing the base to the tank I hear like a crunching noise? Maybe I'm not lining it up correctly.

Possibly you are indeed not lining it up properly. It's a bit fussy to get used to in the beginning - I have an Aromamizer Supreme V2 so I was already used to how it should line up and screw in.

My deck does not spin freely, btw. Something is either broken or wrong with yours if it is.

Reactions: Fiestylillady

Fiestylillady

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2017
USA
I tried several video formats. Nothing will post. I find that if I grab the base and tighten it doesn't spin. But the outside portion still free spins when screwing it oon. I took a pic grabbing the portion I means that screws down. The outside still spins but im m getting the hang of it. How do you wick it? I asked in anther thread but the more the better in my opinion.

Attachments

• 20180216_201328.jpg
    20180216_201328.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 58
Reactions: ceeceeisme

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
I tried several video formats. Nothing will post. I find that if I grab the base and tighten it doesn't spin. But the outside portion still free spins when screwing it oon. I took a pic grabbing the portion I means that screws down. The outside still spins but im m getting the hang of it. How do you wick it? I asked in anther thread but the more the better in my opinion.

I wick with rayon (I imagine you're using cotton of some kind).

With rayon I stuff the coils as tight as I can get them then thin the tails down to about a third of the material going through the coils. I then trim them at the base of the deck and stuff the ends into the juice wells. Works perfectly every time. :)

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
I broke the bubble glass because I'm super awesome. Local shops don't have it fastest online shop to order replacement glass?

Fasttech has the glass:

$2.35 Authentic GeekVape Blitzen Replacement Glass Tank - 5ml at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
This is the bubble glass, looks like it is out of stock for at least 7 days.

$1.97 Authentic GeekVape Blitzen Replacement Glass Tank - 4ml at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
This is the 4ml straight glass, also out of stock for at least 7 days.

I placed an order for both so I would have them on hand just in case. I have mine here but I had to wait at least a week for them to come into stock then wait for the shipping (by ePacket) which took another 2 weeks. I recommend ordering a couple of spares to have on hand. In the meanwhile you can still use the 2ml glass pieces that come with the tank. :)

Fiestylillady

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2017
USA
Fasttech has the glass:

$2.35 Authentic GeekVape Blitzen Replacement Glass Tank - 5ml at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
This is the bubble glass, looks like it is out of stock for at least 7 days.

$1.97 Authentic GeekVape Blitzen Replacement Glass Tank - 4ml at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
This is the 4ml straight glass, also out of stock for at least 7 days.

I placed an order for both so I would have them on hand just in case. I have mine here but I had to wait at least a week for them to come into stock then wait for the shipping (by ePacket) which took another 2 weeks. I recommend ordering a couple of spares to have on hand. In the meanwhile you can still use the 2ml glass pieces that come with the tank. :)
I added the item to cart on ft but its days before it ships. The 2ml tank causes two many refills.

• Informative

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
  • Winner

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
$2.59 at 3FVape and it says "Ships in 24 hours" so I'm gonna assume they have them in stock.

Authentic GeekVape Replacement 5ml Bulb Glass Tube for Blitzen RTA
I wouldn’t assume anything when dealing with Chinese vendors. Nothing against 3fvape specifically it’s just 24 hours can turn into 24 more hours, and 24 more, etc., etc. If it was in stock I think it would say so. So 24 hours means they hope to have it in 24 hours. Just a friendly warning, I hope I’m wrong.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
I wouldn’t assume anything when dealing with Chinese vendors. Nothing against 3fvape specifically it’s just 24 hours can turn into 24 more hours, and 24 more, etc., etc. If it was in stock I think it would say so. So 24 hours means they hope to have it in 24 hours. Just a friendly warning, I hope I’m wrong.

Well, I do agree that when shopping online in China "24 hours" could be mean just about anything.

3FVape generally will only slap that tag on stuff they have in stock though - if it doesn't say 24 hours then the actual shipping time is usually within 7 days. If it says "Ships in 4 to 7 days" they actually mean in 7 days it will ship.

In their defense, I did once order a mod from them that said "24 hours" and it did indeed ship within 24 hours.

Fiestylillady

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2017
USA
Possibly you are indeed not lining it up properly. It's a bit fussy to get used to in the beginning - I have an Aromamizer Supreme V2 so I was already used to how it should line up and screw in.

My deck does not spin freely, btw. Something is either broken or wrong with yours if it is.
I forgot to update. I was placing the coils to high I think. Causing it not to close properly and the mild leaking and I think the grinding noise. The cotton was not placed right I switch to coffin pads and no leaking. I still love the cotton bacon but I still need to figure how to measure the ain't needed.

Will add a different perspective, if that's ok with y'all?
For what it's worth, I had a rush of blood to the head last week and decided to buy one of these for a change. I've been using pre-built stuff for the last year or so and wondered if I'd been missing something.
Never built a coil in my life, but what the hell, might be an interesting route to go down.
Anyway, also got a Coil master kit and some Crazy Wire 216L, 0.5 mm stainless wire and thought, lets give it a go.
So, wrapped some coils for practice, then, having figured out the correct leg lengths, stuck a couple (parallel coils, 9 turns, 3.5mm internal diameter) on the (very easy) deck. Parallel staggered SS, resistance 0.26 ohms, which did not seem too extreme - there are lots of tutorials on youtube, but there is no substitute for having a go yourself and seeing how it works out.
After a bit of practice, I had a couple of tidy coils neatly positioned (getting the leg length right is the most important thing), so pulsed them for a bit to see where they heated up. A wee bit of footering, mostly positioning on the deck and yup, going gently red from the middle when heated (after a bit of pulsing - apparently you don't want to heat SS to extreme levels when doing this). Recheck resistance when they've cooled down, still 0.26, so now put the thing back together and check again - should be the same, otherwise you might get a short, but still ok. Right, wicking - did that kinda with hope & a prayer - coil internal diameter is 3.5mm, so did it by eye, about 10mm cotton strips with the top layer peeled and just pulled through after putting a wee taper on one end. Usual look for the bit where it pulls through with just a little resistance, trimmed to just get to the bottom of the juice well and poked it in and primed with 80/20 vg/pg juice. Stuck the deck on the mod (Asmodus Minikin reborn) and dialed 35 W power to see what happened - nothing much. Upped to 55 and nice spitting out of juice, so assembled the tank, checked resistance - still good, and tried again.
Right, this is an SS coil so try Temp control to avoid dry hits from my naive attempts at wicking the thing (I'm sure I've overdone it a bit, and will try harder next time) - 415 deg F and 78 watts, as recommended by Steam Engine.
What happened? I had previously used a Crown 3 with the 0.5 coil, and quite frankly, this build is in the same league. Bit cooler, but just as good.

Tons of clouds, tons of flavour.

So why post this? Well, if you like sub ohming, and fancy trying an RTA for whatever reason, the Geekvape Blitzen is not a bad place to start, and if a completely clueless person like myself can manage to get a good result out of it (albeit with some time spent researching stuff and getting decent kit to build with, also possibly some beginners luck) in a few hours then it might be worth a look if you want to dip yer toes in the RTA waters. There are plenty of resources out there to help, after which it is up to yourself to pay attention to all the caveats and safety considerations.

10/10, a nice, noob-friendly RTA IMHO. I've become a convert, and will hopefully do a better job next time.
Cheers All.

Last edited:

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Will add a different perspective, if that's ok with y'all?
For what it's worth, I had a rush of blood to the head last week and decided to buy one of these for a change. I've been using pre-built stuff for the last year or so and wondered if I'd been missing something.
Never built a coil in my life, but what the hell, might be an interesting route to go down.
Anyway, also got a Coil master kit and some Crazy Wire 216L, 0.5 mm stainless wire and thought, lets give it a go.
So, wrapped some coils for practice, then, having figured out the correct leg lengths, stuck a couple (parallel coils, 9 turns, 3.5mm internal diameter) on the (very easy) deck. Parallel staggered SS, resistance 0.26 ohms, which did not seem to extreme - there are lots of tutorials on youtube, but there is no substitute for having a go yourself and seeing how it works out.
After a bit of practice, I had a couple of tidy coils neatly positioned (getting the leg length right is the most important thing), so pulsed them for a bit to see where they heated up. A wee bit of footering, mostly positioning on the deck and yup, going gently red from the middle when heated (after a bit of pulsing - apparently you don't want to heat SS to extreme levels when doing this). Recheck resistance when they've cooled down, still 0.26, so now put the thing back together and check again - should be the same, otherwise you might get a short, but still ok. Right, wicking - did that kinda with hope & a prayer - coil internal diameter is 3.5mm, so did it by eye, about 10mm cotton strips with the top layer peeled and just pulled through after putting a wee taper on one end. Usual look for the bit where it pulls through with just a little resistance, trimmed to just get to the bottom of the juice well and poked it in and primed with 80/20 vg/pg juice. Stuck the deck on the mod (Asmodus Minikin reborn) and dialed 35 W power to see what happened - nothing much. Upped to 55 and nice spitting out of juice, so assembled the tank, checked resistance - still good, and tried again.
Right, this is an SS coil so try Temp control to avoid dry hits from my naive attempts at wicking the thing (I'm sure I've overdone it a bit, and will try harder next time) - 415 deg F and 78 watts, as recommended by Steam Engine.
What happened? I had previously used a Crown 3 with the 0.5 coil, and quite frankly, this build is in the same league. Bit cooler, but just as good.

Tons of clouds, tons of flavour.

So why post this? Well, if you like sub ohming, and fancy trying an RTA for whatever reason, the Geekvape Blitzen is not a bad place to start, and if a completely clueless person like myself can manage to get a good result out of it (albeit with some time spent researching stuff and getting decent kit to build with, also possibly some beginners luck) in a few hours then it might be worth a look if you want to dip yer toes in the RTA waters. There are plenty of resources out there to help, after which it is up to yourself to pay attention to all the caveats and safety considerations.

10/10, a nice, noob-friendly RTA IMHO. I've become a convert, and will hopefully do a better job next time.
Cheers All.

Nice review! :thumbs:

Wicking is always the trickiest part when you first start building. After a while you'll find your sweet spot and will be able to do it without hardly thinking about it.

Nice review! :thumbs:

Wicking is always the trickiest part when you first start building. After a while you'll find your sweet spot and will be able to do it without hardly thinking about it.
Thanks! One of the nicest things about the vaping world is the community who go out of their way to help and encourage. So many resources and good advice (and support).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread