GeekVape Cerberus coIl problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaurieStr

May 21, 2019
United States
i recently purchased the GeekVape Aegis Solo, which I love. It came with the Cerberus tank and I’ve had nothing but problems with the coils. I ordered a 5 pack and 2 out of the 5 had the bottom part that fits in the base break off before I could put them in. Two burned out immediately and the 5th only lasted 2 days. This is getting expensive. Is GeekVape known for coil problems or should I not order from eightvape anymore? Does anyone have experience with these coils?

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
"break off" `!!?!? can you show us an image of that? or did the o-ring just come of and release the lower part of the coil? if so, you can just stick them back together again - it's how they're assembled.

"Two burned out immediately and the 5th only lasted 2 days".. either you fell victim to the ....tiest production batch known to men, or you're doing something wrong.

Will you take us through the progress of installing and using your coils, step by step, so we can see if you're doing it right?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
"break off" `!!?!? can you show us an image of that? or did the o-ring just come of and release the lower part of the coil? if so, you can just stick them back together again - it's how they're assembled.

"Two burned out immediately and the 5th only lasted 2 days".. either you fell victim to the ....tiest production batch known to men, or you're doing something wrong.

Will you take us through the progress of installing and using your coils, step by step, so we can see if you're doing it right?
Yeah, I wanna see pix too. That’s wild.

• Agree
Reactions: Nancy D

LaurieStr

May 21, 2019
United States
7F49EF2C-2486-462D-9CC0-0482DDE49FB9.jpeg

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Ah! Good news and bad news.

Good news: It didn’t actually break, you just pulled the bottom plug out.

Bad news: the bottom plug holds the negative wire against the insulator. If you look in the hole there will be a wire against the rubber tube. That wire has to stay where it is when you reinsert the plug or the thing won’t work. Also those things should be pretty hard to pull out. If they’re just falling apart there’s a manufacturing problem. Kind of a serious one. My first suspicion is the rubber grommet is too thin.

LaurieStr

May 21, 2019
United States

Bad news: the bottom plug holds the negative wire against the insulator. If you look in the hole there will be a wire against the rubber tube. That wire has to stay where it is when you reinsert the plug or the thing won’t work. Also those things should be pretty hard to pull out. If they’re just falling apart there’s a manufacturing problem. Kind of a serious one. My first suspicion is the rubber grommet is too thin.
Yeah, they just fell apart.

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yeah, they just fell apart.
Ugh. GeekVape probably needs to know at the very least. It also may be why the other ones aren’t working. The plug is the negative connector much like in a light bulb. The threaded bit on the outside is the positive, also very much like a light bulb. The coil wire runs one end down each side of the rubber ring. The rubber ring both holds the wires and keeps them apart. If it’s not holding you may not get a good connection.

LaurieStr

May 21, 2019
United States
Ugh. GeekVape probably needs to know at the very least. It also may be why the other ones aren’t working. The plug is the negative connector much like in a light bulb. The threaded bit on the outside is the positive, also very much like a light bulb. The coil wire runs one end down each side of the rubber ring. The rubber ring both holds the wires and keeps them apart. If it’s not holding you may not get a good connection.
The Smok baby beast coils are supposed to be compatible with this tank so maybe I’ll give them a try. They’re rated for higher wattage anyway. Neither GeekVape nor Eightvape (where I ordered them) responds to emails or reviews. I’m on the second pack now and I’m not real optimistic.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The Smok baby beast coils are supposed to be compatible with this tank so maybe I’ll give them a try. They’re rated for higher wattage anyway. Neither GeekVape nor Eightvape (where I ordered them) responds to emails or reviews. I’m on the second pack now and I’m not real optimistic.
They’ve got a rep who posts on the site occasionally. I linked this thread to a geekvape person. Something may or may not happen.

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
That picture doesn't look right to me.
Shouldn't there be a big black rubber ring between those 2 seperated parts? Where is it?

Here's a high-res video with lots of closeups, so you can get familiar with the baby-beast coils. And you got my sympathies because you really did fall victim to the ....tiest production batch ever heard of ^^

LaurieStr

May 21, 2019
United States
That picture doesn't look right to me.
Shouldn't there be a big black rubber ring between those 2 seperated parts? Where is it?

Here's a high-res video with lots of closeups, so you can get familiar with the baby-beast coils. And you got my sympathies because you really did fall victim to the ....tiest production batch ever heard of ^^

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

Reactions: MacTechVpr

Nancy D

May 21, 2019
New York

Maybe the question should be if they’re authentic GV coils.

Nancy D

May 21, 2019
New York
I agree,

OP,
Sorry to hear of your issue.
Did you buy the coils from an actual vendor or from Ebay/Amazon/Instascam/other?

Cheers
I

So we are the ones with the great questions today! Lol
If my coil came apart like that, I’d question where I bought them, not Geek Vapes QC. When I started vaping, I got some okay Smok coils on EBay, but agree it’s hit or miss over there. Better to go to a reliable source. How’s it going in Espana?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
So we are the ones with the great questions today! Lol
If my coil came apart like that, I’d question where I bought them, not Geek Vapes QC. When I started vaping, I got some okay Smok coils on EBay, but agree it’s hit or miss over there. Better to go to a reliable source. How’s it going in Espana?

OT:

Kids are out of school and the tourists are thick.
We have 5 cruise ships in port today, the boats puke out about 5000-7000 folks each.
Two nights ago, a rival football (soccer) team, in town for a very important match, was treated to a 3:20 AM fireworks show to disrupt their sleep. :lol::lol:
The FM radio plays great music and drinking beer or wine on the beach (topless) is fine if you don't act a fool.
The water is clear and blue and getting warmer and the beaches are clean, but I do miss the waves of the Atlantic.
It hasn't rained much since April and we keep the windows open 24/7 to catch the breeze. (with mosquito screens of course).
It's kind of 1985 here, in a good way.

How is the NYC?
I don't think I have tourist-ed there since the mid nineties. I had a great time that forth of July watching the fireworks from Battery park.

cheers
I

Nancy D

May 21, 2019
New York
OT:

Kids are out of school and the tourists are thick.
We have 5 cruise ships in port today, the boats puke out about 5000-7000 folks each.
Two nights ago, a rival football (soccer) team, in town for a very important match, was treated to a 3:20 AM fireworks show to disrupt their sleep. :lol::lol:
The FM radio plays great music and drinking beer or wine on the beach (topless) is fine if you don't act a fool.
The water is clear and blue and getting warmer and the beaches are clean, but I do miss the waves of the Atlantic.
It hasn't rained much since April and we keep the windows open 24/7 to catch the breeze. (with mosquito screens of course).
It's kind of 1985 here, in a good way.

How is the NYC?
I don't think I have tourist-ed there since the mid nineties. I had a great time that forth of July watching the fireworks from Battery park.

cheers
I

Well, I wish NY had a 1985 or 1990’s vibe, for sure. We moved out of the City (to one of the 5 Boros) about 15 years ago, rent was OTT. So basically now we never go into the City ever.
The weather here is to die from, though. It’s hot and humid, and I want to move somewhere like Edinburgh at this point. 500 words to describe rain, mist and fog? Great! (I read too much Ian Rankin at one point, and he sells that city really well. lol) We lived in Park Slope in Brooklyn for a while, we loved it. But as usual yuppies or millennials (whatever) moved in, prices went up, and the coolness went down.

That’s funny about the rival footie team. So they lost the match, I take it? LOL Very proactive, on your part.

Sheesh, no rain. I’ve been practically praying for rain here, too. But, even when it has been raining here, the humidity won’t budge!

How’s Mallorca compared to Alicante? We knew some people who moved to Alicante from England.

You’re lucky to have great live radio. My dh decided to buy a shortwave a while back, and some of the stuff was good. But the signal has this weird up and down thing that makes you want Xanax or something. Y no lo tengo ahora mismo! ;)

Nice talking to you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread