hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Well, it looks like Geekvape has been busy developing new products. This time I have received the Geekvape P tank for review from Geekvape. You might be wondering why they call it the P tank. Well, the P is short for Poseidon which was the inspiration for the design of this new tank. The P Tank in my opinion is a nice looking tank and kudos to Geekvape for designing a tank that isn’t just another plain looking tank.

Geek-Vape-P-Sub-Ohm-Tank-Coming.jpg

Geek-Vape-P-Sub-Ohm-Tank-Colors.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* GeekVape P Sub Ohm Tank 5ml
    1* 810 Drip Tip
    1* GeekVape Z Coil 0.2ohm (Pre-installed)
    1* GeekVape Z Coil 0.4ohm
    1* Spare Parts Pack
    2* Spare Glass Tubes 5ml

upload_2021-9-11_7-31-36.png

SPECIFICATIONS:

Size: 26*59.35mm

Capacity: 5ml

Filling Method: Top Fill

Coil: GeekVape Z Series Coil

Drip Tip: 810

Thread: 510

Color: SS, Black, Blue, Gunmetal, Rainbow, Gold

FEATURES:

1. Three airway precise airflow control

2. Middle airflow leak-proof system

3. Shock-proof 5ml glass tube

4. Double-layer liquid chamber

5. Top filling, easy to disassemble

6. Compatible with GeekVape Z Series Coil

Geek-Vape-P-Sub-Ohm-Tank-Features.jpg

Geek-Vape-P-Sub-Ohm-Tank-Double-Liquid-Chambers.jpg

Geek-Vape-P-Sub-Ohm-Tank-Leakproof-Middle-Airflow.jpg

Geek-Vape-P-Sub-Ohm-Tank-Precise-Airflow-Control.jpg

Geek-Vape-P-Sub-Ohm-Tank-Tank-Design.jpg

Geek-Vape-P-Sub-Ohm-Tank-Z-Coil.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

I was very pleased to get the P Tank in blue after getting past samples of tanks in rainbow which I very much don’t care for. The packaging on the P Tank was typical review sample packaging with the outer cover that slides off and then the top lifts off to expose the tank and spare glass with the accessory package underneath.

I hadn’t seen a picture of the tank prior to receiving it so was surprised to see that it had two separate glass tank sections with the airflow control in between them. I personally think it’s a really nice looking tank. Inside the accessory pack is a spare glass section for each of the tank sections. I don’t mind this but some people may not like it thinking it’s more accessories to keep on hand in case of breakage. However, the base of the tank is tapered and is 24mm at the bottom and increases to 26mm at the main body. The glass is somewhat protected since the metal parts of the tank are slightly wider than the glass sections.

upload_2021-9-11_7-43-23.png

The top cap has an o ring inside and the tip does not have any o rings on it. Like I mentioned in my last review, I really don’t care either way on this. The top cap has notches in it to get a better grip on it for removal.

upload_2021-9-11_7-44-17.png

Once the top is removed, you don’t have the usual slotted fill ports. The top of the tank is open and there is a red o ring around the center tube. I found it good practice to only fill the tank up to that o ring. At the top of the lower section is the usual fill slots but the top section is open and you can easily fill the tank and the liquid will run down into the bottom section until it is full.

The tank has what Geekvape is calling “center airflow” even though it seems to me like it’s still a top airflow tank. The air still has to travel down the side and go under the coil where the vapor is created and back up the length of the tank to escape through the drip tip.

upload_2021-9-11_7-45-7.png

upload_2021-9-11_7-45-27.png

The P Tank uses the same Z coils as we’ve seen in other Geekvape tanks and to be honest I didn’t notice that the flavor with these same coils was any different than when used in other tanks. I really like the flavor and vapor production of these coils.

When installing a coil, you have to align the tabs on the bottom of the coil with the notches in the base before installing the bottom cap.

upload_2021-9-11_7-46-4.png

The tank can be disassembled for cleaning. You must remove the top cap to slide the smaller glass tank section off over the top and then remove the base to slide the larger glass section down. The main body is one piece.

The airflow ring that sits between the two tank sections has three large slotted airflow holes and a positive stop. As you can see below, the airflow control ring can be removed for cleaning.

upload_2021-9-11_7-46-59.png

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I have enjoyed testing the Geekvape P Tank. I already knew that I liked the Z coils so thought that I would. I like the design of the tank and think the blue is quite attractive. It’s not a perfect match but goes alright with my blue Legend 2.

upload_2021-9-11_7-47-41.png

I’ve been running both coils at lower watts than recommended without issue. The P Tank has a ton of airflow available and I have been running it with the three airflow slots barely open and still get a nice DTL. I’ve never been a huge airflow person so this has worked out alright for me but the airflow is available for those that like a super open draw.

After using the tank for a few days, I finally decided that the drip tip was too wide for me and put an 810 to 510 adapter with a 510 drip tip and this worked out much better for me. The tank did come with two drip tips but they appear to be the same. About the only negative I have on this tank is the drip tip and that’s a personal preference thing. The tank is kind of tall but it really hasn’t bothered me.

So, would I recommend the Geekvape P Tank to you? If you’re looking for a really different looking tank that uses the Z series drop in coils and like to have the ability to have plenty of airflow and shatter resistant glass that is somewhat protected by the larger metal pieces of the tank then yes I would. I know some don’t want tanks that use drop in coils but it’s nice that the Z coils can be used on multiple tanks.

I’d like to thank Geekvape and Allison for sending the Geekvape P Tank for this review. Also thank you to the readers. Below is a link to the website if you would like to see for yourself.

Geekvape P Subohm Tank | Others | Geekvape – Pursue a Healthy Vaping Experience. Official Partner of Paris Saint-German

p-subohm-04.gif

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I agree it's a great looking tank! A very informative and thorough review per usual which is why I enjoy reading your reviews so much :)

Thank you. I’m vaping on it right now. I really do like it.

Reactions: YoursTruli
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread