Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hi folks I'm back with a review of the Aegis Solo mod from Geekvape. I was sent a couple, one being a kit with the tank being the Cerberus. I have already reviewed the Cerberus tank in the Aegis Mini review so I wont be reviewing it today, the link for the Mini with the Cerberus tank is here GEEKVAPE AEGIS MINI KIT. I was also sent the Tengu RDA that I already reviewed , the link for the Tengu is here TENGU RDA FROM GEEK VAPE. With that out of the way on with the review.

BOX CONTENTS

* MOD
    * USB CABLE
    * WARRANTY CARD
    * USER MANUAL
    * BATTERY DOOR TOOL
    *SPARE USB COVER

20190530_140516.jpg

AEGIS SOLO SPECS

aegis-solo-kit-specs.jpg

AEGIS SOLO COLORS

* RED
    * BLACK
    * URBAN CAMO
    * GREEN
    * BLUE
    * ORANGE

SAFETY FEATURES

Aegissolo-safety-features.jpg

AEGIS SOLO AS-100 CHIPSET

Aegissolo-AS-100-chipset.jpg

INITIAL IMPRESSIONS

Opening of the box brought a familiar smile to my face as all the mods in the Aegis family have done.

20190602_080513.jpg

The Solo is just a bit taller than the Mini and a tad bit heavier.

20190602_134425.jpg

Unlike the Mini that operates using a built in battery the Solo utilizes a single 18650 battery that is installed via a bottom screw door just as the original Aegis did, you just need to flip the door hatch up and unscrew to install your battery.

20190601_165417.jpg

20190601_165556.jpg

Geekvape supply's a battery door tool to help unscrew the door (I didn't need the tools help to open either of the mods doors). Turning the mod on and off is the familiar 5 clicks of the fire button for both.

To access the menu system is a series of 3 clicks that brings up your choices of power, bypass, VPC (POWER CURVE) TCR, TC-TI, SS ,and NI. Once your desired setting is highlighted holding the fire button down will allow you into the sub menu for more adjustments , when finished a long press of the fire button will lock your settings in. In power mode holding both the up and down button at the same time will lock your wattage adjustment, holding both will also unlock your wattage adjustments.

The firmware and charging port is located on the bottom side of the mod recessed inside with a attached rubber cover.

20190602_142957.jpg

The 510 is spring loaded and firm being offset and very accommodating of large tanks, 28mm being about the max.

20190601_165811.jpg

Next up are pictures and my final impressions of the Aegis Solo Mod.

PICTURES

20190601_164939.jpg

20190602_083308.jpg

20190602_084915.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

I have to say that I really love the size,weight,colors and comfort of the solo and the battery management is very good also. The solo just fit perfectly in my hand either trigger or thumb firing the mod and the menu system is a breeze to operate. I have had these mods in use for a few weeks of testing and they have worked flawlessly for me, buttons on both devices are rattle free and the AS-100 chipset gives nice smooth , fast and stable power to the mod. The only con I can give is I wish the display window was less tinted, the display is plenty bright, just wish it was a tad less tinted. I wont be doing a PROS and CONS for the Aegis Solo because the only CON is the tinted display window, everything else is a PRO in my opinion. I hope my review has helped everyone that viewed it here at ECF. I would also like to thank Carrie and Geekvape for providing these mods for review.

THANK YOU
    bigbob2322

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Hi folks I'm back with a review of the Aegis Solo mod from Geekvape. I was sent a couple, one being a kit with the tank being the Cerberus. I have already reviewed the Cerberus tank in the Aegis Mini review so I wont be reviewing it today, the link for the Mini with the Cerberus tank is here GEEKVAPE AEGIS MINI KIT. I was also sent the Tengu RDA that I already reviewed , the link for the Tengu is here TENGU RDA FROM GEEK VAPE. With that out of the way on with the review.

BOX CONTENTS

* MOD
    * USB CABLE
    * WARRANTY CARD
    * USER MANUAL
    * BATTERY DOOR TOOL
    *SPARE USB COVER

View attachment 818787

AEGIS SOLO SPECS

aegis-solo-kit-specs.jpg

AEGIS SOLO COLORS

* RED
    * BLACK
    * URBAN CAMO
    * GREEN
    * BLUE
    * ORANGE

SAFETY FEATURES

Aegissolo-safety-features.jpg

AEGIS SOLO AS-100 CHIPSET

Aegissolo-AS-100-chipset.jpg

INITIAL IMPRESSIONS

Opening of the box brought a familiar smile to my face as all the mods in the Aegis family have done.

View attachment 818803

The Solo is just a bit taller than the Mini and a tad bit heavier.

View attachment 818821

Unlike the Mini that operates using a built in battery the Solo utilizes a single 18650 battery that is installed via a bottom screw door just as the original Aegis did, you just need to flip the door hatch up and unscrew to install your battery.

View attachment 818823

View attachment 818825

Geekvape supply's a battery door tool to help unscrew the door (I didn't need the tools help to open either of the mods doors). Turning the mod on and off is the familiar 5 clicks of the fire button for both.

To access the menu system is a series of 3 clicks that brings up your choices of power, bypass, VPC (POWER CURVE) TCR, TC-TI, SS ,and NI. Once your desired setting is highlighted holding the fire button down will allow you into the sub menu for more adjustments , when finished a long press of the fire button will lock your settings in. In power mode holding both the up and down button at the same time will lock your wattage adjustment, holding both will also unlock your wattage adjustments.

The firmware and charging port is located on the bottom side of the mod recessed inside with a attached rubber cover.

View attachment 818829

The 510 is spring loaded and firm being offset and very accommodating of large tanks, 28mm being about the max.

View attachment 818831

Next up are pictures and my final impressions of the Aegis Solo Mod.

PICTURES

View attachment 818837

View attachment 818841

View attachment 818843

FINAL THOUGHTS

I have to say that I really love the size,weight,colors and comfort of the solo and the battery management is very good also. The solo just fit perfectly in my hand either trigger or thumb firing the mod and the menu system is a breeze to operate. I have had these mods in use for a few weeks of testing and they have worked flawlessly for me, buttons on both devices are rattle free and the AS-100 chipset gives nice smooth , fast and stable power to the mod. The only con I can give is I wish the display window was less tinted, the display is plenty bright, just wish it was a tad less tinted. I wont be doing a PROS and CONS for the Aegis Solo because the only CON is the tinted display window, everything else is a PRO in my opinion. I hope my review has helped everyone that viewed it here at ECF. I would also like to thank Carrie and Geekvape for providing these mods for review.

THANK YOU
    bigbob2322
    Solid review! Nice to know what the “bonus tool” is for. Although I didn’t need it either

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Very nice review!
    Looks comfy in hand. I do like the attached rubber cover for the charge/update port. Wish more mods came with those as they do tend to get dusty.

Not related, but love that sculpture in the background. :thumb:
    The USB plug is almost seemless and does it's job very well. Thanks for the compliment on the sculpture, everybody loves it.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Always through as usual. I love the synergy you and Geekvape have. You have a definite handle on all their products and I for sure enjoy your reviews. I will likely get one. Once my bank account recovers from the murderous actions I took toward it today. LOL.

Anna

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I have the Aegis 100W and it's a great mod with solid feel, great performance and accuracy, and without glitches. The 100W Aegis is also a home mod because of it's size necessity to accommodate 26650 cells. I've been looking at the Aegis Solo for a while now, not that I need another mod, but the FDA makes me think I still need to stock up! :)

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 25, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    Addressed to nobody in particular:

Once you've figured out your desired wattage in Power Mode and how long you like to fire it, you can set up a nice VPC curve to get the same result every time. The curve is set in 1s intervals and it operates until you release fire.

Example: If you find that you get good results at 60W firing for about 2 seconds: set P1=70, P2=60, and the rest to 40. This gives you fast warm-up, solid vapor for 2 seconds, and then a sustained warm output if you keep going.

Also handy for preventing coil damage if you accidentally fire it in your pocket.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread