Not open for further replies.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Personally I don't really like lots of airflow. For example, the Zeus Dual and Engine Dual have much more airflow then I would use. For me the inTake has enough of airflow but the Engine Nano on the other hand, has much more airflow. I honestly would never use all that airflow on the Engine Nano but when I do build and the inTake and Engine Nano and compare them side by side, I will leave the airflow fully open to see if I get better flavor from it.

I did see the OBS Engine 2. I was going to buy it but then I've seen people say its a let down and a poor successor to the Engine Dual and Nano. I would assume that this is true because usually when OBS makes a great rta, you'll see the name appear all over. This time however, I haven't seen much talk on the Engine V2.

The OBS Nano has the option of wider airflow. I recently got to enjoy the wider airflow recently when for the first time I decided to put a big tiger Clapton in the OBS at 0.13 ohms. In the past I've used smaller coils at around 0.30 or 0.40 ohms and vaped them at 35 watts with the airflow 90% closed.

I honestly didn't expect to vape a big tiger Clapton at high wattage in the Nano but it worked beautifully. I vaped at 70 watts which is tremendous in a single coil top airflow system. That wider airflow on the Nano made it possible. It wicked like a dream too which surprised me given the wattage and the low ohms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
Can't wait buddy!

By tomorrow or Wednesday I'll have it posted. I will also get people who haven't used either RTA to taste and see which is best and post exactly what they say. I'm really curious to find out which one will be liked more.

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
2018 has been the year of the deep welled drippers with Aquino pins and mesh coils in subohm tanks.

I've got a Fireluke and a Falcon and now I need to upgrade to the Mesh Pro and the Falcon mesh!

Mesh did what notch coils tried to do and failed.

Agreed. Notch coils was a massive fail. I remember buying a set back when it came out and I still have it laying around somewhere unused.

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
The OBS Nano has the option of wider airflow. I recently got to enjoy the wider airflow recently when for the first time I decided to put a big tiger Clapton in the OBS. In the past I've used smaller coils at around 0.30 or 0.40 ohms and vaped them at 35 watts with the airflow 90% closed.

I honestly didn't expect to vape a big tiger Clapton at high wattage in the Nano but it worked beautifully. I vaped at 70 watts which is tremendous in a single coil top airflow system. That wider airflow on the Nano made it possible. It wicked like a dream too.

Yeah the Nano has plenty airflow, that's for sure. I don't think I've ever pushed my Nano over 50w. Since you're vaping at 70w fine, I can already tell you've nailed the wicking on the Engine Nano. I've seen some guys struggle with dry hits at 30w and it's always because they use too much of cotton and keep the ends/tails long. Generally I keep those tails really short just so that it dips into the wicking port. This way I have to work excellent and it wicks very efficiently even chain vaping at 40/50w doesn't lead to any dry hits. I wick the Zeus Dual the same way and that RTA also wicks like a dream. It did take me about 2 or 3 tries to perfect the wicking but once I got it right, it works flawlessly.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Agreed. Notch coils was a massive fail. I remember buying a set back when it came out and I still have it laying around somewhere unused.

They came out with that Wismec tank. I think it was a collaboration between Suck My Mod and Wismec. I hated it. Sold it fast.

Reactions: stols001

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Yeah the Nano has plenty airflow, that's for sure. I don't think I've ever pushed my Nano over 50w. Since you're vaping at 70w fine, I can already tell you've nailed the wicking on the Engine Nano. I've seen some guys struggle with dry hits at 30w and it's always because they use too much of cotton and keep the ends/tails long. Generally I keep those tails really short just so that it dips into the wicking port. This way I have to work excellent and it wicks very efficiently even chain vaping at 40/50w doesn't lead to any dry hits. I wick the Zeus Dual the same way and that RTA also wicks like a dream. It did take me about 2 or 3 tries to perfect the wicking but once I got it right, it works flawlessly.

Yeah I keep the legs short too and don't stuff the coil. Sometimes it means getting some spitback initially but I just vape through it a few times with a tissue over the mouthpiece and then it vapes like a dream.

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Nice review and informative thread. I've been debating the OBS Engine V2 vs the Zeus Dual for several days now. I thought I had finally made up my mind to go with the Engine V2, now I'm back on the fence again.

I'm a flavor chaser so hearing about the great flavor of the Zeus has made me pause.

To be honest the last deciding factor that had me leaning towards the V2 was the 5ml capacity with out the need for bubble glass. I can live with bubble glass for better flavor.

I also like the 26mm size of the V2 but the Zeus is definitely a better looking RTA.

Leak proof is table stakes for my next RTA.

Thanks for the review.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Nice review and informative thread. I've been debating the OBS Engine V2 vs the Zeus Dual for several days now. I thought I had finally made up my mind to go with the Engine V2, now I'm back on the fence again.

I'm a flavor chaser so hearing about the great flavor of the Zeus has made me pause.

To be honest the last deciding factor that had me leaning towards the V2 was the 5ml capacity with out the need for bubble glass. I can live with bubble glass for better flavor.

I also like the 26mm size of the V2 but the Zeus is definitely a better looking RTA.

Leak proof is table stakes for my next RTA.

Thanks for the review.

According to some vape reviewers, the V2 is a bit of a headache to build on.

As per Ohmz very informative reviews I would be considering the Augvape Intake as my single coil top airflow device and the Zeus for my dual coil top airflow device.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
According to some vape reviewers, the V2 is a bit of a headache to build on.

As per Ohmz very informative reviews I would be considering the Augvape Intake as my single coil top airflow device and the Zeus for my dual coil top airflow device.

I think the Intake looks to be a good choice. I have been comparing the Intake to the OBS Nano.

I watched VapnFagan's review on the Intake, left questioning why I like the Intake. He wasn't overly negative just enough to cause me to pause.

I also watched Jai Haze's review but I think their history may have biased his review. I thought he was over the top on the Intake logo font.

If I remember right both of them rated the flavor as ok but not great.

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
I think the Intake looks to be a good choice. I have been comparing the Intake to the OBS Nano.

I watched VapnFagan's review on the Intake, left questioning why I like the Intake. He wasn't overly negative just enough to cause me to pause.

I also watched Jai Haze's review but I think their history may have biased his review. I thought he was over the top on the Intake logo font.

It would depend on what RTA's you've tried and what you're comparing the RTA to. For example, there are High End RTA's which cost 5 times the price of an iNtake but those High End attys do perform great in flavor.

If one had to use High End atty, it will seem that every other RTA/RDA in the market isn't good in flavor. Price range plays a big role as well as category (Top Airflow Single coil compares to Top Airflow Single coil RTA's and dual coil RTAs compare with dual coil RTAs). I don't really compare high end with mass produced products simply because these items aren't widely available and the prices make it inaccessible for people. Not everyone is happy to spend $100+ for an RTA.

Another key factor that makes people like 1 RTA more than another is the types of flavors being used. I like menthol flavors and the #1 best single coil RTA for menthols is a Dwarv DL or ESG Skyline RTA but these RTAs cost a lot. Due to the juice I use (menthols), my opinion will be based on what RTA gave me the best experience with a set juice.

Imagine if I had to use excellent dual coil RTAs like the Reload or QP Designs Juggerknot RTA with menthol juices. Even though these RTA's are fantastic, the kind of juice I use will make these RTAs seem like they aren't good.

Now take dessert flavors. If I use bakery or dessert types of flavor in a single coil RTA the flavor will be good but now if I use that exact same juice in a dual coil RTA, I'll be getting excellent flavor.

Due to all these factors, when I compare RTAs, I compare them to RTAs within the same category (and price range) and I test them using a variety of different juices and then choose which I think performed the best overall which is why I take so long just to do a review on an item. The shortest time I spend with an item before reviewing is 1 month. Only with mods I can make up my mind quick.

In my honest opinion, from what I've found based on my experience, the iNtake performed much better than my Engine Nano.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia

I thought VapnFagns review was quite positive. I watched other reviews that spoke highly of it. It might have been Vaping with Vic's review amongst the ones I saw that were very positive.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I need to rewatch VapnFagan's review, can't remember what caused me to pause. I do like the Intake. I have it and the Zeus dual in the queue.

Vapnfagn is not really a single coil guy. He likes his dual coils with high wattage and bottom airflow. He never made a huge fuss about the OBS engines either.

The Augvape is the first true contender to the OBS Nano and as someone who still loves the OBS Nano I feel obliged to spend the meager $40 AUD to get the Intake. I also like Mike Vapes!

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Vapnfagn is not really a single coil guy. He likes his dual coils with high wattage and bottom airflow. He never made a huge fuss about the OBS engines either.

The Augvape is the first true contender to the OBS Nano and as someone who still loves the OBS Nano I feel obliged to spend the meager $40 AUD to get the Intake. I also like Mike Vapes!

Inclined to agree the Intake is worthy of purchase. I like Mike Vapes and VapnFagan. When considering a purchase of tank or mod I always check them both for reviews, definitely in my top 5 reviewers.

Reactions: AnthonyB

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Inclined to agree the Intake is worthy of purchase. I like Mike Vapes and VapnFagan. When considering a purchase of tank or mod I always check them both for reviews, definitely in my top 5 reviewers.

I've always liked Mike Vapes and there was a time I wouldn't buy anything without checking his reviews. I purchased the OBS Nano on account of his review.

However, since there has been a proliferation of products which are a collaboration between manufacturers of vape products and reviewers, I tend to look elsewhere for purely objective reviews. Mike Vapes, Vapnfagn and The Vaper Chronicle are too closely associated with the products and with each other. I don't exactly trust their reviews of each others products.

While I still watch all their reviews I tend to look elsewhere for pure objectivity. I like Jai Haze in particular and I've been enjoying Vaping With Vic's reviews as well. English reviewers are outside that band of incest between manufacturers and vape reviewers.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
I've always liked Mike Vapes and there was a time I wouldn't buy anything without checking his reviews. I purchased the OBS Nano on account of his review.

However, since there has been a proliferation of products which are a collaboration between manufacturers of vape products and reviewers, I tend to look elsewhere for purely objective reviews. Mike Vapes, Vapnfagn and The Vaper Chronicle are too closely associated with the products and with each other. I don't exactly trust their reviews of each others products.

While I still watch all their reviews I tend to look elsewhere for pure objectivity. I like Jai Haze in particular and I've been enjoying Vaping With Vic's reviews as well. English reviewers are outside that band of incest between manufacturers and vape reviewers.

I follow Jai Haze as well, also like DJLsb Vapes even if he runs long sometimes.

Reactions: AnthonyB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread