GeekVape Zeus RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
For those of you fighting with wicking issues, leaks, dry hits, etc, maybe give COTN Threads a try.I think somebody mentioned issues on the previous page.

I got a few sample packs of them (2 threads each). I haven't built it in a while, but did last week and used one of the COTN threads. All I did was pull it through, snip the ends, and it's perfect. Moistened the cotton a bit to get it to sit in the wicking channels, and it was good to go. Couldn't have been more simple. No having to try the scottish roll, excessive fluffing/thinning, etc. Worked perfectly.

I hate buying premade special cotton like that, I usually just use KGD. But I'm going to order a pack or two to use in the future if I run into an rta that is giving me problems. I vape unflavored and use single coil setups, so a pack of COTN threads lasts me a long time when I only rewick every two weeks or longer.

Also, thanks for posting about MVS still having them in stock. May have to pick up another for storage. I mostly squonk these days, but it is a nice rta to have when the mood strikes.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
I recall, in the past when I was using KangerTech RBA, in general, dual coil tank really outperforms single coil tank in every aspects, but as of today, single coil tank can perform as good as any dual coil tank if not better - Zeus single coil is one good example. So, why double the efforts in making coil and wicking? This is the main reason I never consider buying any dual coil tank.

I believe a good tank can't be one that is designed to cope with both single and dual coils, i.e. it must be one designed for either case. It seems, that is the case for Zeus Dual.

IMO, Zeus X is an upgrade of Zeus Dual but not the original single coil Zeus. If one wants a single coil tank which is better than Zeus, may be Serpent Elevate, Jaggernaut Mini or Advkan CP TF will be a better choice than Zeus X... may be...

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I wouldn't call my experience with the zeus dual a nightmare. I just preferred the single coil model. I've only ever had one or two dual coil rta's that I felt were worth the the time and effort of messing with two coils and faster battery drain. I got good enough flavor from the single coil zeus that I felt like the dual wasn't that much of an improvement. I generally have to run higher wattage on a dual coil and that in turn drains batteries faster. I have five or six of the single coil zeus and am more than happy with them. I'm not sure if I'll try the zeus x or not yet.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    They launch the new Zeus X. Similar to my Advken CP TF. I wonder it will work better than original Zeus with single coil setup?

I’m in love with the single coil Zeus! It’s the only RTA I’ve been using when I’m not dripping. If it can be improved on I’ll be shocked lol! But I’ll definitely check it out.

Reactions: KC0YNU

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    I’m not sure why some people are having a problem with wicking the Zeus dual.

I’m using rayon and wicking it just like any other RTA. Not too long not too short. Tails thinned out then tucked in.

Easy peasy. I’ll post pics later if anyone is interested.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2019
    I wouldn't call my experience with the zeus dual a nightmare. I just preferred the single coil model. I've only ever had one or two dual coil rta's that I felt were worth the the time and effort of messing with two coils and faster battery drain. I got good enough flavor from the single coil zeus that I felt like the dual wasn't that much of an improvement. I generally have to run higher wattage on a dual coil and that in turn drains batteries faster. I have five or six of the single coil zeus and am more than happy with them. I'm not sure if I'll try the zeus x or not yet.
    sorry for the nightmare part, we are in the same wagon about single vs dual coils, so far my favorite ones are single coil, Paraoh mini RTA & Zeus Single, Creed RTA likes me a lot, is like quickly scaling to my loved and top ones! also it can do single coil, havent tried but this babe worths every Watt!
    I do really wish Themis tank perform close to Creed RTA, or blitzen, i like blitzen a lot, but price is insane here, maybe will seek another way for aquising it at decent price,

Regards,

score69

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    sorry for the nightmare part, we are in the same wagon about single vs dual coils, so far my favorite ones are single coil, Paraoh mini RTA & Zeus Single, Creed RTA likes me a lot, is like quickly scaling to my loved and top ones! also it can do single coil, havent tried but this babe worths every Watt!
    I do really wish Themis tank perform close to Creed RTA, or blitzen, i like blitzen a lot, but price is insane here, maybe will seek another way for aquising it at decent price,

Regards,
    If you haven't tried it yet, the Serpent Elevate is another VERY simple to build and wick single coiler. I picked up a few more of them to have on hand as well.

These days, gear comes out and disappears quickly. When I find something I absolutely like, I get a few while they are still available. The Zeus is in that category, and I only have brief experience with the Elevate, but it's a good one as well.

Chances are something better may replace it in a year or so, but the way I look at it, my old gear will vape as good then as it does now. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2019
    If you haven't tried it yet, the Serpent Elevate is another VERY simple to build and wick single coiler. I picked up a few more of them to have on hand as well.

These days, gear comes out and disappears quickly. When I find something I absolutely like, I get a few while they are still available. The Zeus is in that category, and I only have brief experience with the Elevate, but it's a good one as well.

Chances are something better may replace it in a year or so, but the way I look at it, my old gear will vape as good then as it does now. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    i guess that for the long run i' wont getting anymore but a new mod, no tanks for a while! i need a mech mod and new boxmod! but i'll see if i could make an exchange!

Thanks,

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I have no problem with my dual using it for one large single coil (staggered fused cleptner). Not only is the single backwards for how I wrap it wouldn't fit my coil. Easy to build, easy to wick.

I don't think I'll jump on the Zeus X. Looks like flavor should be better but I think I would hate that drip tip. I'll need to see better pictures.
    But I will happily pick up Zeus duals on sale.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2019
    • Optimistic

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    I built a stainless steel version of the Zues X this morning using dual ss 316L 28g single spaced wire with a 3mm id at 4.4 ohms. I’m using the optional included ultem drip tip. Also wicked with rayon - thinned and fluffed tails long enough to just tuck into channels.

I’m not a huge fan of RTAs especially dual coil ones. I am a happy camper with the Zues single not as crazy about the dual Zeus though. I use a bottom or side airflow RDA or RDTA 90% of the time for the outstanding flavor.

That being said, I find the flavor and vape density is wonderful of this atty!! My 1st tank is a DIY Milk Mustard and it’s hitting all the notes pretty much spot on with the airflow at half way to 1/3 open. I’m at 41 watts on a Revenger X using Power Mode.

DJLs said flavor was JUST AS GOOD with a single coil with an id of 4.0 to 4.5 with wicks thinned to fit into wicking channels sufficiently enough.

I enjoy a warm vape with anything from LOTS of air to restricted airflow. This atty has LOTS of af wide open. Closed down to about a 1:4 it gives a somewhat restrictive draw. Using a 510 would limit it even more for people prefer a “tighter” draw. This is right up my alley. It won’t be for people who like very rl hits.

I had no problems with the bottom o ring when taking it apart to wash or when building. It’s been mentioned as popping off easily.

The quality is typical Geekvape and excellent. Geekvape is making me become a RTA lover.

Wish I had thought to take build pics but the tank is almost empty I’ll take some before I refill it.

Edit: after being disappointed with the loss of upper note flavors such as grape and lemon I raised the coils as far up as I could. The improvement in flavor was significant especially at those upper flavor notes.

Here it is on the Revenger X...
    536FCDC4-6582-493F-926B-217C9BBFA6B6.jpeg
    A0575487-10FF-416F-8FB7-0C2F0F0EAC99.jpeg

Edit: added a couple of build shots. I ended up raising the coils higher than pictured for best flavor.

D59445CD-B10C-4073-B021-203180B9A58C.jpeg
    EC3A687A-5BBE-4F2B-922B-7EDC6F3863B6.jpeg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread