GeekVape Zeus RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
I think one of the things that I have noticed is even though I have been vaping for a long time, this being my first rta there is a learning curve that reminds me of being a rookie vaper.

Wicking truly is a learned skill. I'm glad I have the Zues to learn on as it won't leak.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I think one of the things that I have noticed is even though I have been vaping for a long time, this being my first RTA there is a learning curve that reminds me of being a rookie vaper.

Wicking truly is a learned skill. I'm glad I have the Zues to learn on as it won't leak.
Wait until you get another rta and have to start all over again. Wicking can humble a vaper pretty quickly.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Wait until you get another rta and have to start all over again. Wicking can humble a vaper pretty quickly.
Truer words never spoken as far as I'm concerned.

I've got a good number of tanks I've never even opened yet because I KNOW I can wick my 'familiar' ones well and have no issues. I have to work myself up to start working with a new tank, LOL.

Not that big of a deal really, but sometimes it takes a little while to get a new tank figured out and I tend to just stick with what I know many times.

I've got a pair of Zeus tanks that are still in the package and am still using my SMM tanks. So much positive feedback here on the Zeus though, I need to give one of them a shot. I've certainly been following this thread enough and from reading the experiences of other folks, that it feels like I've already been building/using it. :)

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
I think one of the things that I have noticed is even though I have been vaping for a long time, this being my first RTA there is a learning curve that reminds me of being a rookie vaper.

Zeus is the easiest to wick among all the tanks I have...
I don't think you will learn any wicking skill by practicing it on Zeus.

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana

If you ever start to feel too happy with yourself when it comes to wicking the Zeus get a Griffin 25+. That's a sure fire way to make sure your RTA building self esteem doesn't get too high.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
If you ever start to feel too happy with yourself when it comes to wicking the Zeus get a Griffin 25+. That's a sure fire way to make sure your RTA building self esteem doesn't get too high.

Let me recall... I think the most frustrating tank to wick is SMOK TFV4. The only lesson I learn when trying to wick it properly is:

When you find a tank is hard to wick correctly - you should get other type of tank instead of torturing yourself.

Get Zeus.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
The only rba head for the tfv4 I had luck with was the single coil. Pretty tasty. I used the T3 coils most of the time. Now that I have the Fireluke I can pif the tfv4.

I don't think there is a double coil deck for TFV4.

Yes, it is quite good in term of flavor... in those day. I believe it is because of its slim and long chamber.

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
Vic recently did a review of the Themis and spoke very favorably about it and said that it's very easy to wick. I asked him during a live show yesterday how he would compare it to the Zeus in terms of wicking and he said that the Themis is even easier to wick. Might have to check it out if for no other reason than because.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I don't think there is a double coil deck for TFV4.

Yes, it is quite good in term of flavor... in those day. I believe it is because of its slim and long chamber.
There are 3 dual coil rba heads for the tfv4. The OG that comes with the tank, pure pita that one. They then released another more user friendly dual and the Clapton single rba.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Vic recently did a review of the Themis and spoke very favorably about it and said that it's very easy to wick. I asked him during a live show yesterday how he would compare it to the Zeus in terms of wicking and he said that the Themis is even easier to wick. Might have to check it out if for no other reason than because.
Get it and let us know. They ...... me off with the wider tank over the deck. Still looks like overhang. Prefer taller, hell prefer anything else to overhang and not interested in larger mods.

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
Get it and let us know. They ...... me off with the wider tank over the deck. Still looks like overhang. Prefer taller, hell prefer anything else to overhang and not interested in larger mods.
I'll probably get it but I'm cheap. I'll wait til its been out awhile and the price drops

Steve W Pedersen

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2011
bakersfield,ca
My hot liquid in my mouth issue seems to have gone away mostly I attributed to the tip that I should try vaping at a higher temperature which I've done now vaping at 340 degrees. To the fellow that was talking about the Griffin 25 plus that was my first tank and there is one very simple trick one needs to know in order to prevent leaks, and that is to keep the wick away from the air intake holes that's it. it's so simple just make sure that the wick is not touching the air intake holes and it has been absolutely a dream to Vape on I love my Griffin 25 plus it's by far much easier to Wick than the Zeus at least for me.

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
My hot liquid in my mouth issue seems to have gone away mostly I attributed to the tip that I should try vaping at a higher temperature which I've done now vaping at 340 degrees. To the fellow that was talking about the Griffin 25 plus that was my first tank and there is one very simple trick one needs to know in order to prevent leaks, and that is to keep the wick away from the air intake holes that's it. it's so simple just make sure that the wick is not touching the air intake holes and it has been absolutely a dream to Vape on I love my Griffin 25 plus it's by far much easier to Wick than the Zeus at least for me.
Trade ya! I've got one in the box barely used. It's black.

Steve W Pedersen

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2011
bakersfield,ca
I have an unopened Zeus that I would be happy to trade you for a griffin 25 plus I believe I bought the gun metal color is the Griffin 25 plus complete all the spares and everything ? I was actually going to order another one in a few days so this is happy news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread