Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Addendum

I do get a mouthful of juice after filling up now.. But am happy..

If it floods ... I just blow into it and it doesn't seem to come out the airholes...

I never mentioned but coil is 2ml (I think) parallel about as wide as it looks in the above photo...

Cotton is Boots cheapo.
I wouldn't go smaller than 2.5mm for a Zeus coil regardless of wick material. You simply need more wick to avoid flooding.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
My Zeus just arrived and can see the deck (base under coil) and the walls around the coil touch the tank body when screwing it. Is this OK? I almost have to push it to enter the. I have not vaped on it yet but I would expect that it should enter and screw without any pressure. Thanks
Your fine, the rta won't screw in completely if you don't have the deck seated correctly.

Reactions: KC0YNU

Reeversong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2017
Apex, NC USA
So I have two coils that I use with the Zeus right now and both of them work really well for me.

If I am in a hurry and need to change out the coil fast
2.5mm
SS316L 24g
spaced 7 wrap
Single strand
Scottish roll that is a snug but easy to pull through fit in the coil, but I don't comb or thin out the tails. I kind of fluff it just a little bit and stick it in the wick holes and have it touch the bottom of the tank.
Around 17-22 watts

This coil produces about 90% of the flavor that I am used to with a bigger coil, but I don't have to spend any time working with the wick to thin it out. And for the past 4 weeks my time has been super limited and this has worked wonders. It does seem to last about 4-7 days.

If I have the time, my favorite coil...
3.5mm
SS316L 24g
spaced 6 wrap
Twisted double strand
Scottish roll that is snug and a little harder to pull through the coil. With this one I comb out the tails until I have thinned out about 40% of the cotton.
Around 45-55 watts

This coil produces the best flavor for me by far, but usually takes 30-60 minutes to really get the wick to work the way that it needs to. This lasts 5-7 days before I get a burnt hit and have to change it out. This produces a nice thick dense cloud that is slightly warm.

Steve W Pedersen

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2011
bakersfield,ca
I have been having a heck of a time getting this wicking properly.
just did my 6th re wicking and am still having issues with recieving hot liquid up into my mouth.
coil 3.5 id ss 316l 26g/34g clapton 6 wraps
rayon wick and doing all the rayon tricks and best practices
maby I am thining the wich to much thus allowing the flooding.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I have been having a heck of a time getting this wicking properly.
just did my 6th re wicking and am still having issues with recieving hot liquid up into my mouth.
coil 3.5 id ss 316l 26g/34g clapton 6 wraps
rayon wick and doing all the rayon tricks and best practices
maby I am thining the wich to much thus allowing the flooding.
If you are getting juice in your mouth it's definitely flooding.

Try thicker tails and maybe post a picture or two.

Jooboy

Dec 20, 2013
uk
See?
This is the so called TPD Compliant version..
They prohibit half the juice capacity of the tank by damming off the juice under the wicks...

Genius (not genius)

Maybe it explains why some tips aren't working ?

I am going to see if I can remove it or if I have to cry to the manufacturers...

(I already did they didn't reply).

GeekVape responded to my request for a replacement Deck so my UK TPD tank will be 4ml capacity..

They replied today and they have them available on the website!

They also have the metal Trim for the AEGIS So you can switch up your colour scheme... Only Black and Silver at the moment.. I am hanging on for the Gunmetal!

PS. Chinese Holiday until 22nd of February

Houssam

Nov 29, 2016
My Zeus just arrived and can see the deck (base under coil) and the walls around the coil touch the tank body when screwing it. Is this OK? I almost have to push it to enter the. I have not vaped on it yet but I would expect that it should enter and screw without any pressure. Thanks

So with the base on the mod, I have 0.5 ohm. When I screw it on the tank, it reduces to 0.22. I guess something is causing the resistance to change but can't find what is causing this. If I screw partially, it shows the right resistance, when I tighten it it reduces to 0.22 or shows atomizer short. I have the black color if that makes any difference. Anybody faced something similar.

Reactions: KC0YNU

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
So with the base on the mod, I have 0.5 ohm. When I screw it on the tank, it reduces to 0.22. I guess something is causing the resistance to change but can't find what is causing this. If I screw partially, it shows the right resistance, when I tighten it it reduces to 0.22 or shows atomizer short. I have the black color if that makes any difference. Anybody faced something similar.
The coil is probably too high and touching the chimney. You'll have to clip legs. What size is your coil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread