GeekVape Zeus RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jooboy

Dec 20, 2013
uk
My Zeus just arrived and can see the deck (base under coil) and the walls around the coil touch the tank body when screwing it. Is this OK? I almost have to push it to enter the. I have not vaped on it yet but I would expect that it should enter and screw without any pressure. Thanks
Do you have a TPD 2ml version or the unencumbered 4 ml version?

I noticed the extra chunk of metal under the proper deck traps any loose tails of cotton and stops the deck screwing into the tank freely.

• Informative
Reactions: KC0YNU

Houssam

Nov 29, 2016
The coil is probably too high and touching the chimney. You'll have to clip legs. What size is your coil?

Chimney comes down lower over the air towers than you would imagine.

Indeed, shortening the legs by 1mm did the trick. Much appreciated

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Are you able to change wicks without emptying the tank?

I tried this morning and liquid poured out of the drip tip and flooded the air flow.

Give mess.

Any tips would be appreciated.
I have changed wick with juice in the the tank. I vape it at least half way down and close af. Will get a bit of flooding sometimes, just turn watts up and shut the af down low and give it a couple hard pulls, clears it up.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
Are you able to change wicks without emptying the tank?

I tried this morning and liquid poured out of the drip tip and flooded the air flow.

Give mess.

Any tips would be appreciated.

The answer is YES!

To re-wick with juice in tank and without flooding or leaking:

Remove the drip tip, sit your tank up side down on a table before you turn the base to open it up.

Most importantly, make sure the desktop of your table is horizontal - 90 degree to the axis through center of Earth. :sneaky:

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
The answer is YES!

To re-wick with juice in tank and without flooding or leaking:

Remove the drip tip, sit your tank up side down on a table before you turn the base to open it up.

Most importantly, make sure the desktop of your table is horizontal - 90 degree to the axis through center of Earth. :sneaky:
90 degrees you say?

Hahahahahahaha.

Thank you. Air flow closed?

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
90 degrees you say?

Hahahahahahaha.

Thank you. Air flow closed?

Yes, 90 degree:
pug.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Houssam

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
I have changed wick with juice in the the tank. I vape it at least half way down and close af. Will get a bit of flooding sometimes, just turn watts up and shut the af down low and give it a couple hard pulls, clears it up.
what she said. make sure you vape it down to at least the halfway point first

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
Love the illustration.

I will definitely follow. I've been having a rough time rewicking.

Some how I got it perfect the first try but havnt been able to duplicate that result. Flavor was amazing first wick. Since flavor has been mutted.

It's my first RTA so I don' have enough experience to know what is causing the change.

Thanks again.

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
Love the illustration.

Some how I got it perfect the first try but havnt been able to duplicate that result. Flavor was amazing first wick. Since flavor has been mutted.

It's my first RTA so I don' have enough experience to know what is causing the change.

Thanks again.
there's several pics scattered throughout this thread that show different builds. I found them to be very helpful. Good luck

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
The only think I dislike about the Zeus also happened on the Engine Nano as well.

Juice gets in the base threads causing difficulty when screwing the tank all the way down. About 3/4 of the way, I usually have to unscrew a 1/4 turn and tighten it again a few times to get it fully seated on the base.

If you know what I mean. ;)

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
Love the illustration.

Thanks again.
Very often I re-wick while my Zeus tank is almost full of e-juice and I have never experience flooding nor leaking into AF.

I am serious when I suggest to place your tank up side down on table. I believe the juice get into the AF system the moment you flip your tank back... you need to screw back the base without lifting the tank from the table - you should only flip the tank back after the base is nicely tighten.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
The only think I dislike about the Zeus also happened on the Engine Nano as well.

Juice gets in the base threads causing difficulty when screwing the tank all the way down. About 3/4 of the way, I usually have to unscrew a 1/4 turn and tighten it again a few times to get it fully seated on the base.

If you know what I mean. ;)
I keep telling you all you have to hold your mouth just right.;) I have no juice in my threads issues with either rtas. But what do I know, I can't get a decent vape from an Aromamizer!:lol:

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I keep telling you all you have to hold your mouth just right.;) I have no juice in my threads issues with either rtas. But what do I know, I can't get a decent vape from an Aromamizer!:lol:
It's odd, not taking a jab at the nano but it does that on both tanks.

I hold the Aegis inverted with the Zeus base attached. Slide the tank up to re assemble and before the tank is screwed all the way down, there is a resistance like juice is trying to be compressed between the deck and the edge of the tank threads. If I unscrew it a 1/4 turn and continue tightening it goes a little further, a few times doing this will finally put the tank on flush.

It does not happen if everything is dry, just when checking the coil or rewicking. The Nano did the exact same thing to me and the threading is not the issue. Just seems like liquid trying to be compressed and can't be.

It's no big deal, just an odd little quirk for me with these style of tanks. :D

• Love
Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
LMAO! The easiest tank to wick. But I know you are just ribbing TD and all of us who bow to the absolute genius of the Aromamizer! :pervy:
Laugh all you want, I was serious. That rta and I did not get along. The guy I gave it to loves it. Go figure.

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Laugh all you want, I was serious. That rta and I did not get along. The guy I gave it to loves it. Go figure.

It is odd how some of us find different things that just work for our style of vaping. I have no real love for the Zeus, but I absolutely respect the way so many find it perfect for them. Same with the Engine Nano. I just get such a muted flavor from the juices I vape on a top airflow atty. Thank god there are so many options in our vape world.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
It is odd how some of us find different things that just work for our style of vaping. I have no real love for the Zeus, but I absolutely respect the way so many find it perfect for them. Same with the Engine Nano. I just get such a muted flavor from the juices I vape on a top airflow atty. Thank god there are so many options in our vape world.
To be more accurate, OBS Nano and Zeus are side AF tanks, not top AF.

It sounds strange to me that you find Zeus gives muted flavor - I assume you mean compare it with other bottom AF tanks that you own.

OBS Nano and Zeus are the only 2 side AF tanks that I have used and I have tried many type of bottom AF tanks.

1. In term of flavor, even though I did find few of my bottom AF tanks out-perform OBS Nano (e.g. IJoy Exo and Govad) however, OBS Nano is definitely not bad in flavor performance - far from so called "muted flavor".

2. Zeus is currently my no.1 tank not simply because it beats all my other tanks in term of flavor output. I love this tank because of its overall performance.
It is a truly leak proof tank, fantastic flavor and vapor output, great AF system, world easiest top fill
mechanism - all these = it beats all other tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread