Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
@Dropmyload using the the base to measure your coil legs will give a perfect length. DJlsbvapes shows this on his youtube channel. I tried longer and experienced flavor loss, went back to clipping using the deck for a guide. Great rta, believe you will enjoy using it.

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
My Zeus has finally arrived via Netherlands post.......

It will be the first tank I have ever built. Wish me luck.
Prior to the Zeus I had a horrible time wicking RTAs. The Zeus is so easy to build it even makes me feel like a pro.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
My Zeus has finally arrived via Netherlands post.......

It will be the first tank I have ever built. Wish me luck.

It is probably a good tank to learn on. The postless decks were tricky for me but I think that was because I was used to having the posts to help me figure out the leg length for the coils. I cut a lot of coil legs way too short in learning postless decks. :oops:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
@Letitia - With all your Nano experience, can you provide some tips on building, specifically coil placement? I was able to find one locally and will be playing around with it later this afternoon. :)
My favorite Nano coil is a 3mm tri core fc ss 5-6 wraps. Haven't spaced the last coupe of coils and actually giving the contact coils a slight edge. I place coil dead center of post regardless of id size.I snug the coil pretty close to post and have found if I keep the coil close to the width of the front af slot I get much better results. Too wide a coil and your wick shoulders caramelize faster. If you close down your af switch from side to side occasionally or one shoulder will get toasty pretty quick. Do not take your wick tails to the deck if you use larger than a 2.5mm coil. I thin tails and cut so they just tuck into juice holes. Nano deck can comfortably fit larger than 3mm but I found af a bit off for me, 3mm is my sweet spot regardless of coil type.

MidwestGuy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
Iowa
My favorite Nano coil is a 3mm tri core fc ss 5-6 wraps. Haven't spaced the last coupe of coils and actually giving the contact coils a slight edge. I place coil dead center of post regardless of id size.I snug the coil pretty close to post and have found if I keep the coil close to the width of the front af slot I get much better results. Too wide a coil and your wick shoulders caramelize faster. If you close down your af switch from side to side occasionally or one shoulder will get toasty pretty quick. Do not take your wick tails to the deck if you use larger than a 2.5mm coil. I thin tails and cut so they just tuck into juice holes. Nano deck can comfortably fit larger than 3mm but I found af a bit off for me, 3mm is my sweet spot regardless of coil type.

Just threw a build in with those exact specs, except using simple 24Ga SS round wire. Working very well so far, going to let the coil/cotton break in a bit and see where I'm at. Thanks @Letitia !!

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Just threw a build in with those exact specs, except using simple 24Ga SS round wire. Working very well so far, going to let the coil/cotton break in a bit and see where I'm at. Thanks @Letitia !!
Good 100+ page thread if you want to cruise it. Many different build/wick styles working in the Nanos. Hope you enjoy the rta.

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
Good 100+ page thread if you want to cruise it. Many different build/wick styles working in the Nanos. Hope you enjoy the rta.
Who wants to read through 100 pages when they can go to the Queen of Nanos.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Vaping on it for a couple hours now, I have no reason to change, this build is rocking all around, thanks Nano Queen Letitia! :) I'm now a Zeus and a Nano fan. Bring on the innovative single coil RTAs!
OBS Crius 2 is a good performer as well. @SnapDragon NY turned me onto that one. Welcome to the fan club.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
OBS Crius 2 is a good performer as well. @SnapDragon NY turned me onto that one. Welcome to the fan club.
I looked at the Crius 2 but it's only 3.5ml, if there was a 5ml+ option it would definitely be in my Crius stable too. I do love the OG Ammit but it's just a little too small.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I looked at the Crius 2 but it's only 3.5ml, if there was a 5ml+ option it would definitely be in my Crius stable too. I do love the OG Ammit but it's just a little too small.
I've been too lazy to look for a bubble tank with matching specs for the Crius 2, @mimöschen hasn't been able to find one. The 3.5 doesn't bother me much since I use several setups throughout the day.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I love the Crius II. It has, IMO, the best flavor of any tank I own, including the Engine Nano and Zeus. The capacity doesn't bother me though I would buy a higher capacity glass tank for it if OBS decides to make one.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Here you folks go tempting me again. I’m not going to buy a Crius 2. At least not this week anyway.

Tempting though, isn't it?
cute-smiley-emoticon.gif

57c43603cbd348cee406055b39f1fac3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread