Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I've grown rather fond of a couple of my older genesis atomizers. I have also broken a couple of them. My Mini DID was viciously attacked by a tank cracker and is in need of a new tank, and my US AGT is round - shocking, I know - and as such rolled off of a table, shattering the glass. I have a Caravela clone whose glass I've managed to break... twice...

Anyone know of a source for replacement glass for these venerable old tanks?

I also stumbled across a Micro Mini but as I've not looked at that one before... anyone have thoughts on that unit? I believe it's a clone, but the price was right.

Or, are there other 17 mm gennies people might recommend.

Further, if these are items you have laying about, well... I'd happily meet with you over in the classified threads...

ETA: I've also acquired an interesting little piece that I have been unable to identify. It's a Genesis atomizer with a screw down cap over the airflow holes. The outer ring of the cap is covered with astrology signs. Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Last edited:
Reactions: Vaslovik

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Hey Shawn. I'm also pretty fond of my gennies, I have 14 of them and they are all I use. As far as replacement glass IBTanked is supposed to have it for most attys, but I'm not sure they are still a going thing. With my DID's I broke too much glass and finally just went with the steel tanks they came with. I don't know what that genny is with the zodiac signs, but I'm sure someone will know. For a year or so now all I have used are DID's and Krakens, authentics, and I'm pretty happy with those and using them on Poldiacs, which I have 4 of, and I'm looking for a 5th. As for what I have laying about, there's a Z Atty U in the cigar box I never use because it just plain sucks and you can't get a decent build on it because of the way it's made, and I wouldn't wish that on ya.

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Hey Shawn. I'm also pretty fond of my gennies, I have 14 of them and they are all I use. As far as replacement glass IBTanked is supposed to have it for most attys, but I'm not sure they are still a going thing. With my DID's I broke too much glass and finally just went with the steel tanks they came with. I don't know what that genny is with the zodiac signs, but I'm sure someone will know. For a year or so now all I have used are DID's and Krakens, authentics, and I'm pretty happy with those and using them on Poldiacs, which I have 4 of, and I'm looking for a 5th. As for what I have laying about, there's a Z Atty U in the cigar box I never use because it just plain sucks and you can't get a decent build on it because of the way it's made, and I wouldn't wish that on ya.
Thanks for the pointer to IBTanked. Cool site.

Meanwhile, in looking for replacement glass, I did find out what the zodiac sign gennie... It's a Gamma Tank.

TheOnyxEgg

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2014
Minneapolis, MN, USA
I'll second the vote for IBTanked. Used to get cartotanks from them fairly frequently before I switched to using gennies. I know that even if they don't have a specific replacement piece of glass listed they used to allow you to order custom stuff by taking a few measurements with a caliper.

You can also order replacement tanks for the DID directly from MMVapor's website. I also switched to just using steel tanks after getting sick of cracking the glass ones. :)

Reactions: Innova

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
IBtanked is great. There's also Bedazzletubes.

Bedazzle Glass Tubes

I believe both will do custom cuts if you know the dimensions and they got the tubes. IBtanked made me a a couple tanks for the Sat22.

Euros aren't scary, but shipping prices may be - just for a tank or two. ;)

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
IBtanked is great. There's also Bedazzletubes.

Bedazzle Glass Tubes

I believe both will do custom cuts if you know the dimensions and they got the tubes. IBtanked made me a a couple tanks for the Sat22.

Euros aren't scary, but shipping prices may be - just for a tank or two. ;)
Thanks for the link... Now to go wander...

Was just told I'll have a Nectar and a Sat22 coming in :)

Reactions: WattWick

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
I also switched to just using steel tanks after getting sick of cracking the glass ones. :)

Ha! I did the same thing. I went through those glass tanks from MMV pretty fast, and the price plus shipping on them was just too much. Unfortunately it takes very little to knock over a mech with a genny on it, and that's about all it takes to crack that glass. By the third glass of absinthe you are pretty much guaranteed to knock over your vape. As much as I'd like to be able to see the juice in my DID's the steel tanks are a lot cheaper and of course a LOT more durable.

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
More gennie blather... today I wish to speak to that scourge of genny builders everywhere, that demon that haunts our vaping pleasure, that bane of existence for overworked and burnt out gennie builders everywhere....ohms creep.

It goes like this:

You are really burnt out from work, really crispy around the edges and you didn't get enough sleep. Your coffee isn't working.

You did a build on your favorite gennies in the morning, they all look stellar, beautiful uniform coils, perfect loop spacing, and they all test out to your ohms target perfectly. To start with they all vape like champs.... until.... one of them starts vaping weak, just not cutting it, and you put that genny on your ohms meter or check it with your DMM, and crap! It's slipped up .03 ohms! Now, instead of the .7 ohms you built it it's .73 ohms, and you can tell in the vape! It sucks! It's just not acceptable! You MUST do something about this!

You try to fix it, re-tightening the coil on the top of the center post, then on the neg post, but it just goes higher, or stays the same. You are doomed, doomed I say, to ripping the whole build out and doing it all over again! So you rip the offending coil out of there with a vengeance, strip off a length of kanthal from the spool, anneal it, get out your drill bit, wind the coil ever so carefully on it, lock it down on your genny, carefully center it with the drill bit, every so carefully wick it, pulse out the coil until it glows nice and evenly, fill the tank, and you are back to vaping bliss.... until.....it's just not right, AGAIN!

By now you have completely forgotten about the 4 other gennies you built perfectly, and which vape like total champs, and you are obsessively focused on this one evil offender. You didn't check the ohms, because you know from vaping it that it's just not right. It's becoming personal. This thing is messing with you on purpose! You are NOT going to let it get away with that!

You tear it all down, every single part, coil, wick, tank, deck, post, clean the living snot out of all of it, baking soda, soapy water, Viva paper towels, clean rags fly all over your desk. It's all back together, and once again you every so carefully wind your coil, and even roll a new mesh wick. The coil pulses out beautifully on the new wick, you check it, .7 ohm solid. You fill the tank, pulse it a bit blowing on the coil and aaaaahhhhh! Big vapor! You put the cap back on it, and relax into your coffee, vaping on it.... until... Arrrrgggghhh! It's just not right again!

You wake up six hours later and it vapes like a total champ.

Next time get enough sleep....

Last edited:

Vaya

ECF Veteran
Kathy from Bedazzled is located in Osh Kosh, MI. She does great work and I've had several good dealings with her. She does not, however, make custom sizes.

SpectrumTanks.com has helped me out dozens of times, too. Also located in MI, awesome guy - he helped me get two tanks for my Mini G by Van very recently. Large selection of colors and styles, too!

PS the above post had me CRACKING up. That's my life, right there. Just last night, in fact, with my Doc Dave Ti Reactor!!!

Vaya

ECF Veteran
Shawn Hoefer said:
I also stumbled across a Micro Mini but as I've not looked at that one before... anyone have thoughts on that unit? I believe it's a clone, but the price was right.

I have a DID with replacement parts and both SS and glass tanks and a brass center post, as well as a brand new authentic Ti Mini Micro not even assembled yet. Probably some others, too.
I'm not on the classies but send me a PM if you want to hit me up on FB. Or look up my group on FB The iHybrid Group v2.0.

:)

Innova

Mar 18, 2015
Virginia
image.jpeg
I really like my micro mini. It's authentic. Local Vape had them for awhile at a great price. I guess most are not interested in gennies anymore. Excellent vape (to me anyway) Great flavor.
I've grown rather fond of a couple of my older genesis atomizers. I have also broken a couple of them. My Mini DID was viciously attacked by a tank cracker and is in need of a new tank, and my US AGT is round - shocking, I know - and as such rolled off of a table, shattering the glass. I have a Caravela clone whose glass I've managed to break... twice...

Anyone know of a source for replacement glass for these venerable old tanks?

Or, are there other 17 mm gennies people might recommend.

Further, if these are items you have laying about, well... I'd happily meet with you over in the classified threads...

ETA: I've also acquired an interesting little piece that I have been unable to identify. It's a Genesis atomizer with a screw down cap over the airflow holes. The outer ring of the cap is covered with astrology signs. Does this ring a bell for anyone?

milandjikic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
But you know you are obsessed with mesh and gennies when you start building every possible atomizer with mesh wick inside :D So far the only ones that escaped from being built with pure mesh are Ithaka and Killer. Tried dozens of times but results were disappointing. Subtank works excellent, kayfun is a nice vape, finally some flavor is going trough that chimney an idto my mouth, but still not close to Cobra or Silver Fox :)

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Ya know, I just love that little sound that comes out of my DID's when they are prefectly coiled and wicked, and the mech is hitting strong, it's like a soft little gently crackling sound. Then there is the little wisp of vapor that drifts out the air hole and drip tip when I set it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread