General Genesis Blather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annie56

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Any Time, Vaslovik!!

My only method is to get the damn things to work.
Everyone is skeleton-crewed, including my laboratory.

Absinthe? Jayzus

Liter and a half of vodka has been sitting in my cupboard for a year and what? 14 days.
Had my last shot Fri the 13 of Feb 2015.

I miss alcohol and cigs. Prolly always will. My brain seems to have a flaw or something...

Peace, Annie

Reactions: Vaslovik

Vaya

ECF Veteran
I miss alcohol too. Absinthe was my favorite form of it, ever.

My DID doesn't have that spacer between the first (lowest) nut and the upper two nuts. It's kind of nice because depending on the location of the centerpost I place the first nut, I can adjust the terminal height of the coil. I dig it.

Reactions: Annie56

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Any Time, Vaslovik!!

Absinthe? Jayzus

Well... yeah! Absinthe, I love the stuff. I work really long hours and good absinthe is my little reward.

I have a pretty large collection of the best French and Swiss absinthes. That and vaping are my go-to outlets when I'm not driving people all over SW Florida for 22 hours at a time.

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
I miss alcohol and cigs. Prolly always will. My brain seems to have a flaw or something...

Peace, Annie

I don't miss the cigs at all. I really really don't. I enjoy vaping so much more than I ever did the cigs. The cigs got to be a real serious problem, so they had to go. Now the absinthe isn't a problem at all....

Anyway, I rebuilt DID 1124 again this morning, cuz it was .71 ohm, and I just wasn't going to tolerate that! Now it's vaping right again :)

Annie56

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
I know what i want to say...about JAM NUTS. But i don't know how to say it.

"Jam nuts can be unreliable under significant loads. If the inner nut is torqued more than the outer nut, the outer nut may yield. If the outer nut is torqued more than the inner nut, the inner nut may loosen up.[1][2]"-- wikipedia

i tried piling jam nuts on top of my lead. The lead came loose. Your two top nuts might be exerting more force against each other, and bumping your lead loose, making the resistance go up.

Some more jam nuts
image.jpg

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
They are jammed together. And they lock. That's why it's a pita when you have to tear down a build on the DiD.

*sigh*

I don't find it that bad tearing down a DID and rebuilding it. Granted I don't like the jam nuts much, I really prefer the post scheme on the Kraken, but the DID vapes so very sweet when it's built right. In fact, I'm planning to tear down and rebuild two of my DID's in the morning, just to do it :)

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Thanks for that fast reply! I should have thought of KP, but I'm pretty burned out today. Oh wait, I just checked KP, and all their 325 mesh is in those puny little squares. I want 12 inch square sheets, and also they are selling diagonal cut sheets, and I don't want those. Bummer....

I can't seem to find mesh in the size and cut I want. Last year I got a roll of it on a tube, but I can't remember where I got it. That was 400 mesh, but I want to try 325 or 350 now. It's driving me nuts that everyone wants to sell me those puny little 2 inch squares! If I could get a square yard I'd go for that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread