General mixing ratios

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinD872

ECF Veteran
I finally got my Lorann flavorings today and plan to make some zero nic juices. I know that the amount of flavoring required varies on the flavoring, but I am more curious about the PG/VG ratio.

I am the type of person that likes a good amount of vapor, but not necessarily a smoke stack.

I am thinking 60% PG, 30% VG, 10% flavors *OR* 50% PG, 30% VG, 20% flavors (depending on the strength).

Or would raising the PG by 10% and lowering the VG by 10% still give good vapor?

The flavors (Loranns) I will be playing with are:
Cinnamon Roll
Pina Colada
Creme de menthe
Wintergreen (artificial)

Any suggestions or ideas? I kind of like the amount of vapor I get from Electronicstix liquids, but they don't list ingredients (ratios).

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
I finally got my Lorann flavorings today and plan to make some zero nic juices. I know that the amount of flavoring required varies on the flavoring, but I am more curious about the PG/VG ratio.

I am the type of person that likes a good amount of vapor, but not necessarily a smoke stack.

I am thinking 60% PG, 30% VG, 10% flavors *OR* 50% PG, 30% VG, 20% flavors (depending on the strength).

Or would raising the PG by 10% and lowering the VG by 10% still give good vapor?

The flavors (Loranns) I will be playing with are:
Cinnamon Roll
Pina Colada
Creme de menthe
Wintergreen (artificial)

Any suggestions or ideas? I kind of like the amount of vapor I get from Electronicstix liquids, but they don't list ingredients (ratios).

I tend to go 80% PG and 20% VG for the base mix then add in the flavor and I have tons of vapor.
Dan

KevinD872

ECF Veteran
I tend to go 80% PG and 20% VG for the base mix then add in the flavor and I have tons of vapor.
Dan

Sounds like I was going about this a bit differently. That is to say I was planning on mixing the PG, VG, and flavorings per "batch".

It sounds like you guys pre-mix the PG & VG and store it, then use that "base mix" with your flavorings when making up a batch? That makes more sense to do it that way assuming you know you will like that PG/VG combo.

One last question: I tend to refrigerate my juices (esp with nic in them), but it doesn't seem necessary to refrigerate the Lorann flavorings or PG & VG (or the "mix" I will now be making). Do you guys agree? Or do you refrigerate everything?

nocomply

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2009
Princeton, Indiana
sorry to spam....but still on subject....

I see you got pina colada and creme de menthe...

I made some zero nic with those flavors. About 80% creme de menthe and 20% pina colada...plus base

VERY good....lightens the mint with a bit of Dum Dum sucker creme soda flavor....

make a small batch and try it..

I personally don't pre-mix but mix as needed. I;ve always done 70% VG and 30% PG....I need to try it the way scuba dan does.

I dont refridge anything. I figure I'll use mixes or give them away plenty before they'd go bad.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Sounds like I was going about this a bit differently. That is to say I was planning on mixing the PG, VG, and flavorings per "batch".

It sounds like you guys pre-mix the PG & VG and store it, then use that "base mix" with your flavorings when making up a batch? That makes more sense to do it that way assuming you know you will like that PG/VG combo.

One last question: I tend to refrigerate my juices (esp with nic in them), but it doesn't seem necessary to refrigerate the Lorann flavorings or PG & VG (or the "mix" I will now be making). Do you guys agree? Or do you refrigerate everything?

Yes I premix with PG/VG and then add my flavoring.
Nope I do not refrigerate, the PG sits on the shelf in the store, the VG sits on the shelf in the store, The unflavored nic ejuice come in the mail unrefrigerated. The guy at the store has the premix nic ejuice sitting on the shelf. I see no need to, I do keep them sealed and in a dark cool place but that is about it. I also keep the fluid levels topped of (minimal air).
Hope that helps
Dan

KevinD872

ECF Veteran
sorry to spam....but still on subject....

No apology needed! I had pondered what kind of combos I could try and yours certainly sounds worthwhile! Thanks for the recipe!

I also thought about a bit of mint with my cinnamon roll. I kind of wish I had gotten some orange to go with the cinnamon roll as well..... I kind of like those orange cinnamon roll things from the grocery store. :)

KevinD872

ECF Veteran
Yes I premix with PG/VG and then add my flavoring.
Nope I do not refrigerate, the PG sits on the shelf in the store, the VG sits on the shelf in the store, The unflavored nic ejuice come in the mail unrefrigerated. The guy at the store has the premix nic ejuice sitting on the shelf. I see no need to, I do keep them sealed and in a dark cool place but that is about it. I also keep the fluid levels topped of (minimal air).
Hope that helps
Dan

Everything you say makes sense on not refrigerating since none of the suppliers do. I thought I had heard somewhere though that nic juice has a shelf life of 18 months or something, which is why I tend to at least refrigerate anything with nic in it, hoping to keep it fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread