mixing

Status
Not open for further replies.

botox

Oct 31, 2018
sweden
hey so i recently got pg,vg,nicoshot and flavor aswell as the other componets required to mix liquids sat here staring at the e liquid calculator its telling me to put in like 50 ml of nicotine goal is 12 mg in a 50 ml batch?
here are the components that i have
flavor 70 vg 30 pg
nicoshot 18 mg with 100 vg and another one with 70/30
and a bottle of pg and a bottle of vg
i am not fussed about the pg/vg ratio but i am more then likely missunderstanding something in the calculator

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
i am not fussed about the pg/vg ratio but i am more then likely missunderstanding something in the calculator
Yes, you have misunderstood the calculator. Could try this one, it's free on line:
E-Liquid Calculator Ten Flavors with PG/VG Adjusting
Base = the nicotine you bought strength and the ratio it came in. (nicoshot 18 mg with 100 vg ???)
Target = what you want = strength mg (12 mg ??) and the ratio you desire (example 50/50 PG)-VG.
Amount To Make = Suggest 5 - 10 ml max for first mix.
Flavor 1-? = any descripter you want to write in and the percentage to add. Leave the ratios of the flavors alone. They are generally all PG = 100%.
I bookmark (save) all my recipes.
Just, hit "like" at bottom right hand corner of this post. You can also click "reply" if you need any more information and I (or someone else) can read your question and get back to you.

• Useful
Reactions: Letitia

botox

Oct 31, 2018
sweden
Yes, you have misunderstood the calculator. Could try this one, it's free on line:
E-Liquid Calculator Ten Flavors with PG/VG Adjusting
Base = the nicotine you bought strength and the ratio it came in. (nicoshot 18 mg with 100 vg ???)
Target = what you want = strength mg (12 mg ??) and the ratio you desire (example 50/50 PG)-VG.
Amount To Make = Suggest 5 - 10 ml max for first mix.
Flavor 1-? = any descripter you want to write in and the percentage to add. Leave the ratios of the flavors alone. They are generally all PG = 100%.
I bookmark (save) all my recipes.
Just, hit "like" at bottom right hand corner of this post. You can also click "reply" if you need any more information and I (or someone else) can read your question and get back to you.

i sorted it out i just found it odd that the nicotine was the highest component in the mix as i thought the flavour should be the highest as it made more sense to me but checked some videos out seemed to have the nicotine somewhat higher in all of them my other question now is how inportant is it to be exact with these? will something bad happen if you mess up somehwere?

Reactions: BrotherBob

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
i sorted it out i just found it odd that the nicotine was the highest component in the mix as i thought the flavour should be the highest as it made more sense to me but checked some videos out seemed to have the nicotine somewhat higher in all of them my other question now is how inportant is it to be exact with these? will something bad happen if you mess up somehwere?

The worst that could happen with the ingredients you have is juice that doesn't taste good.

Before the European rules came in a lot of people would get 100mg strength nicotine because it was cheaper that way. Using 100mg the nicotine would be a small component of the mix. Starting with 18mg it will be much more. And with 100mg if you made a mistake and put too much nic in you could have a problem. Starting with 18mg there's not much can go wrong. Lots of folks vape with 18mg nic.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
how inportant is it to be exact with these?
It is important to be very careful with nicotine measurements. You do not want to make a mistake with nicotine.
50 ml mix may be too optimistic.
Suggest you make 5ea. 10ml batches of different recipes or 20 ea. 5 ml batches of diff. recipes. All should be steeped for 4 weeks.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
right so what kind of diffrent methods are there in making e juice ive heard about shortfill and essence what are the diffrences?

I've never heard of either of those. Shortfill might be something to do with the way nic is available under the EU rules. No idea about essence.

mrvertigo73

Nov 22, 2018
ok so shortfills is also known as shake and vape and basicly means the liquid is already mixed with pg and vg you just put nicoshot into it and its ready

As BrotherBob said above, might be worth looking at the info already out there, but just a quick reply from the UK:

Short fill is simply a way of saying that the bottle isn't full. You add the nicotine to top it up. These are usually pre-mixed and come in 50-120ml bottles, about 80% full of liquid. This isn't DIY e-liquid, but is a way to get round the EU laws

One-shot is where you get the base ingredients (flavourings) for a mix, and you add your own VG/PG and nicotine. These generally come in a 100ml bottle but with only 10-20ml of liquid

Shake n Vape means a DIY eliquid which doesn't need steeping (i.e., leaving in the bottle for the flavours to mix). This tends to be fruit-based DIY mixes but can vary depending on the ingredients. This is different to shortfill.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
ok so shortfills is also known as shake and vape and basicly means the liquid is already mixed with pg and vg you just put nicoshot into it and its ready
You can use the short fill to make smaller batches. Just put it into the calculator as a max vg base and enter your target nic mg. The numbers will still be the same, in other words as far as the calculator is concerned you are mixing unflavored.

• Agree
Reactions: mrvertigo73

botox

Oct 31, 2018
sweden
You can use the short fill to make smaller batches. Just put it into the calculator as a max vg base and enter your target nic mg. The numbers will still be the same, in other words as far as the calculator is concerned you are mixing unflavored.

allright so to reach 12 mg nic in a 100 ml bottle i would need 7 bottles of 18 mg nicotine now i just gotta rummage around the house something to mix in thanks !

Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
these liquids seem to taste like perfume anybody got a clue why? it litterly tastes like if you sprayed axe deoderant in your mouth
Not unusual for some to smell or taste floral. Breathe them with cap off for a couple hours and recap, let them sit for a few days and they usually settle.

mrvertigo73

Nov 22, 2018
these liquids seem to taste like perfume anybody got a clue why? it litterly tastes like if you sprayed axe deoderant in your mouth

Again, steeping is your friend. That perfume you taste is PG. If all those nic shots are PG-based then your PG levels are going up. Maybe you are sensitive to PG but didn't know it? I generally mix at 70/30 or 80/20 depending on the liquids because I don't like the taste of PG. However, it carries flavour well so there is a payoff.

Try mixing different batches with higher VG. Lower the flavours in any liquids that smell like a lot of PG. Experiment. This is why you don't start off with a 100ml batch.....

botox

Oct 31, 2018
sweden
Again, steeping is your friend. That perfume you taste is PG. If all those nic shots are PG-based then your PG levels are going up. Maybe you are sensitive to PG but didn't know it? I generally mix at 70/30 or 80/20 depending on the liquids because I don't like the taste of PG. However, it carries flavour well so there is a payoff.

Try mixing different batches with higher VG. Lower the flavours in any liquids that smell like a lot of PG. Experiment. This is why you don't start off with a 100ml batch.....

theyre like 70 vg

mrvertigo73

Nov 22, 2018
Nic shots are 70/30? Or flavours? Or your VG/PG mix? If you post the recipe, with flavours, nic, PG/VG and calculations, I can take a look. There are certain flavours that are more perfumy than others of course, but sounds like you either need to steep for longer or something is wrong in the mix. I had lemon tart recipes that tasted like that, but after 3 weeks of steeping are just fine. I don't use nicotine though,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread