Genesis as a dripper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
Ok, so I'm watching a video review of the IGO-F, and the reviewer found the wick holes too small and challenging to thread silica wick down into. So instead, he wrapped the wick around the base like a dripper and left the tank holes open, which allows you to tip the setup to "leak" juice from the tank onto the wicks in the base.

So I figured, this is basically the same setup as a genesis style RBA, but performance should be similar to dripping. Why couldn't you do this an RSST or AGA-T, just leave the SS mesh wick out, wrap your silica or cotton in a standard/micro coil, fit it around the base like a dripper, and gravity feed your juice from the tank? As long as you have two open tank holes, it should flow fine.

Of course, you have to keep your setup vertical as much as possible, but if you're a dripper, you probably already take this precaution.

Have I missed something? Wouldn't this give us the dripping experience, but also a 3ml reservoir?

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
You haven't missed anything ;)

I carry my mod in my pocket and build them so they won't leak (if anyone tells you it's impossible to set up a genny that wicks well and doesn't leak ignore them, they are wrong). If you're ok with having to make sure your mod is always upright so your juice doesn't drain out everywhere then you can definitely set it up as you described and it'll work just fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread