Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilFishPhil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Montreal, QC
So I just got a Genesis Line (V1 I believe, the one with the screws instead of the poles), and while futilely attempting to build a decent coil I popped the plastic insulator, where the mesh is inserted, into the hole. After several attempts at getting it back out it completely tore and it's still stuck in there.

1. Is there any way to further disassemble the Genesis Line so I can get the shreds out? Does it matter?
2. Any ideas on what I can use to replace it?

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
This is what a Line looks like. No screws and no insulation for the coil.

IMG_1423.jpg

DevilFishPhil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Montreal, QC
Ahh so I definitely was wrong - now I'm sure it's the Genesis LV.

So if you can see that tiny little hole in the center where the wick would normally sit, there used to be a plastic/rubber casing, which I presume was to prevent the wick from touching the metal and cause a short, would I be correct in assuming that if the wick is properly oxidized I don't have to worry about shorting?

357pu8m.jpg

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
Ahh so I definitely was wrong - now I'm sure it's the Genesis LV.

So if you can see that tiny little hole in the center where the wick would normally sit, there used to be a plastic/rubber casing, which I presume was to prevent the wick from touching the metal and cause a short, would I be correct in assuming that if the wick is properly oxidized I don't have to worry about shorting?

357pu8m.jpg

Have never seen your model before, but as slimest said you do not need an insulator for the wick, proper oxidizing will prevent shorts to the metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread