Status
Not open for further replies.

shpaolin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2011
Zagreb , Croatia
www.vaporwall.com
Let me present to you (for the second time) Genesis Line.

Holding capacity: 2ml
Diameter: 14mm
Lenght: 55mm
Material: Stainless steel
The wick hole 2.5mm
other holes are smaller - adjusted for insulating tubes
full plexi tube inside the SS body 10mm ID, 12mm OD.

Polished Line.

Mesh setup for Line/Genesis 1

Mesh setup for Line/Genesis 2

Last edited:

eyebrook

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2011
England now Spain
Provari and line :)

Provari and Line #050.jpg

shpaolin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2011
Zagreb , Croatia
www.vaporwall.com

Line Genesis testing so far:

Using #400 SS mesh (cut to 35x23mm) and 0.20 Kanthal wire with four wraps proved to give the best results for me. The vapor production is massive even though it performs like a genesis atty. Compared to A2 which also produces clouds of vapor, Line isn't hindered with the lack of taste at all. Quite the contrary. The taste is great and TH is almost too hard for me (using the 12mg VPG liquid). I've considered lowering my nic levels to 9mg/ml.

Three wraps give even harder TH, I'd suggest this for hard-core vapers only. 5 wraps could be the sweet spot for me if I keep the juice at 12mg.

Liquids used so far:
VPG Desert Ship Blend
VPG Hypnotic Mist
VG Banana Nut Bread
VG Kentucky Blend
VPG Snickers.

All I can say is - the taste of vapor is simply terrific :D Also the liquid flow stays constant even with thicker VG liquids.

Line used on following mods:

eGo-T 900mah

But I must say... out of 3 eGos, it worked only on one of them. I wouldn't advise using the eGo batteries, because each setup is different and if the SS mesh is not thoroughly oxidized - they might short out on you. We've seen this happen with G-Tank also...

Alpha 14500 900mah

No problems whatsoever.

Devil's Marble 14500 900mah

No problems here either.

I tested it on two 18650 mods also, but having 12mg liquid inside and the fully charged battery's 4.2 volts kicks some serius TH. So I had to switch to 14500 which I use daily ;)

As this is the test sample, there's no "cork" on the liquid tank, only a 2mm hole for refilling. As I understand, this will be dealt with in the final version. Besides that obvious opening I have noticed no leaks from either 510 connector side or through tank windows.

Will do some more testing and keep you posted on results.

shpaolin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2011
Zagreb , Croatia
www.vaporwall.com
The testing goes on… It would be interesting how it compares to G-Tank.

Even though these two devices are similar in size, both have tanks, both use SS mesh and the logical thing to expect would be for both of them to perform the same. Well… the reality is quite different.

First off, we have tested G-Tank. And we've tested it A LOT. Eyebrook and some other users can testify to this, they've been participating in our heated discussions over it. With all kinds of setups of wick and kanthal, wider meshes, longer wicks, shorter wicks, thicker wicks with different meshes, ridiculous wraps of kanthal etc... It's very claustrofobic in that G-Tank combustion chamber, and due to the very very thin SS wick that has to be used - the best thing we ended up with was either a lot of vapor but no taste, or something in between with moderate TH and thin aroma, which was neither famous Genesis taste or A2 smoke power. Of course, I paid for it and I badly wanted it to work. Then other problems started. ::) The brass bottom connector part would get stuck, the center post of 510 connector would get pushed in, then some other two parts would get fused together and were impossible to pry them open with bare fingers… Frustrating. I've had my pair of pliers on that G-Tank more then on all the housework I've done in past few years at home with them. :mad:

Line Genesis is a bit slimmer and shorter than G-Tank and thus weighing less. There's no detachable brass connector with clumsy pin that drops out of it's post. There are only two moving parts if you count out the tank plug (the windowed tank part and the atomizer cap with driptip). The 510 threading is standard and worked fine on more than 10 different battery mods (including GGTS, Alpha, Black Pearl, E-Power, Devil's Marble, Aurora, Piccolo, Black Life etc…). The electrode posts are wide enough apart and wick hole is designed for a proper, wider, genesis style SS wick which doesn't hinder the flow of liquid. That fact alone I bet is responsible for such a sweet and rich aroma this thing produces. It's simply amazing. I vape twice as much these last few days, just so I could try out the next liquid and be baffled by it's taste using Line. :D

Something else here also begs for attention… It seems it's very hard to mess up your wick&kantal set up. It even worked with some strange combinations of wraps and odd wick dimensions - the vapor surges out of it in mouthfuls. I like it that way :D

To conclude this… These two devices may look similar, but functionality-wise they're miles and miles apart. Too bad, because G-Tank is also beautifully engineered and the machinist craftsmanship is exquisite – but what good is that for when you don't get your moneys worth out of it. On the other hand, this Line Genesis is showing great results beside it's good looks! I hoped it would perform well, but this thing caught me by a surprise. It's that good. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread