The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Get Nailed!

Discussion in 'Copper Creek' started by bliss12897, Apr 5, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MustangSallie

MustangSallie Mistress Blabber Mouth Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    USA
    As you should! This almost makes me want to start having my nails done. It definitely makes me wish I lived closer so you could do them! :)

2. MustangSallie

Apr 20, 2011
    USA
    Gotcha covered on the tags VV.

3. pringles13

pringles13 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 30, 2011
    jaw-juh
    So looking at the color gradient, did you color gradient your nails first and then do the water marble on top?

4. violetvoo

violetvoo Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2009
    Down the rabbit hole..
    oh thanks Sallie....you should have seen me looking
    for the add button...duh..:blink:

5. bliss12897

bliss12897 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Thanks so much for the tags, as well as the love! *hugs*
    Sallie, if I was your nail tech we would probably be in trouble :laugh: Drinks and pinterest food

Yep, I sure did :) I learned an easy way to do it too. Use an eyeshadow applicator and sponge the colors on.Don't let it get too dry or the sponge will start to breakdown as you are sponging it on. Make sure you slightly overlap them as you add on. Also, start at the cuticle and go down. I went from tip to cuticle and I won't do that again lol.
    I wanna see pics :)

6. pringles13

Jul 30, 2011
    jaw-juh
    So what did you use to marble? I see silver but that's it.

7. bliss12897

I used a purple and a chrome silver. It really muted the gradient in a very cool way. I should note that the gradient colors on their own were neons. So that gives you an idea on how muted they really are.

8. pringles13

Jul 30, 2011
    jaw-juh
    The final effect is really cool!! I think I have some makeup sponges somewhere that I can tear apart and use with tweezers. I've just been too lazy to look for them. :laugh: They're cheap anyway if I end up not finding them.

9. MustangSallie

Apr 20, 2011
    USA
    Trouble works both ways.... are you sure you could handle being my nail tech? :evil:

10. pringles13

Jul 30, 2011
    jaw-juh
    I had to cut all my nails down to nubbins because of splitting and peeling. Do you know of anything to help prevent this bliss? I take biotin every day and when I file my nails, I always go in one direction. I read somewhere that going back and forth makes peeling/splitting worse.. not even sure if that's accurate, but I figured I would try it. It didn't really seem to help.

Attached Files:

11. bliss12897

Bummer :( Your nails should be filed from outside edge to center. Left to middle, right to middle and keep your file at an angle to the bottom of your nail. When you come up from the left edge filing to the center and the right to center, just go in one direction towards the center. Yeah, sawing them back and forth definitely will make it worse, it shreds the Keratin in your nails. Don't file them when they are wet. Get a good buffer, ideally a 3 way buffer. Buffing them will help smooth out the peeling and it will give them a nice shine. I would imagine that you have started peeling for a couple reasons, one might be due to just having your hands in water alot. But I bet it is because you have been polish crazy lately :). Every time you use polish remover you are drying them out more and more. You need to moisturize your nails. lotion, vaseline, olive oil any of those will work. Hope that helps.

12. pringles13

Jul 30, 2011
    jaw-juh
    Better filing tips... check! Thank you!

As far as moisturizing (hope this doesn't sound dumb).. should I remove polish and lather up with something for a few hours (days?) before the new mani? Also, once polished (here's the dumb part), since the nail surface is covered already, what's the best way to moisturize the nail? (you can laugh. I'm laughing ay myself :lol: ) I know the nail grows from the nail bed and that's where the magic happens, so once they're polished, is it better to focus on getting moisture in at the base (cuticle)? Or will moisturizing my hands in general help?

13. bliss12897

Keeping in mind that it takes about 6 months for a nail to completely replenish itself, and we both know you aren't going without polish that long. After you take a shower, soak your nails in olive oil for at least 15 minutes. After you've soaked,and cleaned up just rub it in to your nails. Some people will put their hands in socks for an hour or so. That's up to you, I wouldn't be able to stand it. It's always good to use some kind of oil after any mani. I usually throw some cuticle oil on my own hands after my polish has dried.

Also, if you do buff, don't overbuff as you can thin your nail further. I meant to type that in the earlier post.

14. pringles13

Jul 30, 2011
    jaw-juh
    Ack! 6 months? :blink: I'll start treating them when I get out of the shower from now on. I've got some cuticle oil but haven't been using it faithfully. I do have a 4 way buffer and used it to help smooth out badly peeling areas, but they were so bad after this last mani that I had to just cut them off. They were so thin at the tips that they were breaking off at angles anyway. I've done the lotion+socks on the hands to sleep in before, but I don't know how much Morgan would care for that :laugh:

Thank you for the tips! I'll let you know how things go :)

15. bliss12897

The nail lady I follow on facebook and the other place posted this design on Friday, I had to give it a go. Came out decent for my first run.

[​IMG]

16. FlyingV

FlyingV ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
  17. MustangSallie

Apr 20, 2011
    USA
    Hey! They match your knobs! :D

Beautiful job bliss. I am so sure I could never find anyone around here who does nails like that. :(

18. FlyingV

FlyingV ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
  19. bliss12897

Too bad James doesn't look over here. Yet another knob joke..hehe.

I know a girl..she lives in WV and would be more than happy to do your nails :D

20. MustangSallie

Apr 20, 2011
    USA
    I'm sure you're right bliss. I think he has a serious case of nail envy. :laugh:

I know a girl, and she lives 700 miles away. :( I'm working on that though. Do you know any way to boost the economy so my house will sell? I'm sure FV will thank you for any and all ideas as well!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.