Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
Yes, I - the imitable (if you're nuts) EvilZoe - am having issues with my juice and my cartomizers in my tanks. While it vapes wonderfully for the first few days of heavy vaping, as the tank level gets down and as I add more juice to fill it up again (repeatedly - we're talking about maybe five tank refills or so), what remains in the tank gets thicker and thicker and may even contain unvapable elements like the famed Boba's Bounty does. As it does this the pull gets tighter and tighter until it's a royal pain in the derriere to vape.

It seems to me there must be a better solution than changing out the cartomizer extremely frequently or having to vape some other juice that won't do this.

As I'm finding it difficult to lay my finger on the correct solution immediately (instant gratification is my LIFE, y'all), I guess I'm humbling myself to ask for help.

Please take pity on a crazy cat lady with too much time on her hands and not enough brains to put it to good use.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I have the same issue and I don't get that many refills in. I might get two and a half before it's really sludgy. I've never used Boba's Bounty so I don't know about it. The juice I'm using is one of the darker, sweeter ones so in my oblivious bliss, I'm just changing out the cartos every two or three days.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Since someone gently pointed out to me my lack of information in my OP (and I KNOW BETTER, dammit *kicks self in head in impressive display of old lady limberness*), I figured I'd copy and paste the deets:

Smok carto 2 hole probably 2.something ohm
Unicorn Blood juice, now extremely dark and getting pretty opaque
Wattage varying between 3.9 - 4.2 depending on how frustrated I get
Drip tips are wide and straight and not too long
Tank is an XL Phiniac

I don't remember having this issue with the shorter tanks but maybe....lol

I misplaced my Ikenvapes so I can't change it out easily to see if there's a difference.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
As pointed out earlier, some juices require more frequent carto changes than others. I can go 2 - 3 weeks with a clear menthol or fruit flavor before the carto needs to be replaced. My darker coffee flavors or my cinnamon flavors may go only a few days before they need to be replaced.

I figure I spent up to $6 a day on cigarettes and thought nothing about the cost. Spending $2 on a carto that will last at least a few days seems like a bargain by comparison, and keeps me off of the smokes.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Some of my juices do the same thing. It is usually the darker juices. I think the key to your problem may be the 'heavy vaping' part. I am the same way and notice the when the juice gets too heated is when it starts to turn. So, I am currently trying to solve this by having more pv's going so I don't overuse any one of them to the point of the carto being too warm/hot. Not sure yet if it will work, only time will tell.
Anyway, thought I'd share that.

Good luck.
:)

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
OK, never had anything from Fuzion, but you don't get a choice of ratios. Is it thick? VG is thicker than PG.

I use essentially the same stuff. Ikenvape 2-hole punch cartos in an IBTanked or Phiniac, and my voltage would be set about the same with that ohm carto. From the description sounds similar to flavors I vape, mostly fruit.

So.....I got nothing. Smok aren't tightly packed filling as Boge are.

I am thinking it's the juice.

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
I am really new with the cartos too--and I am using a light sweet juice in a standard tank. They are 2.0 double punched smok cartos, usually at 3.7 to 4.2.

I find that after two refills the flavor is not really good and the draw is tighter, so I just change them out. I have never had good results with more than two refills--had to dump a couple, so now I just don't go for it.

That is just my experience, and I may be doing something wrong--but the flavor is really good for two refills.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Hmm... Can you add a little pg when you refill to thin the dregs down when you top off?
My cellblock4 had a tendency to gunk up clearos until I started to water it down with a 80/20 blend. Might work?
I'm thinking of thinning it down a little with some distilled water or something. Just a teeny bit.

I don't know if adding something viscous like PG or VG would help the issue any.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
I was thinking of suggesting to add a few drops of distilled water to the juice to help it a little, but it sounds like it's not really a wicking issue, more of a nature of the beast issue.

I know if I vape bobas in my VMOD, by the time I am down to the last 2 ml or so, the juice is thick and dark like molasses. I just vape through it, then clean it out and start again.

I dunno, I think you already know there is no answer other than changing the carto more often...

*tosses hair*
*remembers he is male*
*feels stupid*

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I'm thinking of thinning it down a little with some distilled water or something. Just a teeny bit.

I don't know if adding something viscous like PG or VG would help the issue any.

PG by itself is really thin, so either would work. Just remember, you are lowering your nic a bit too by doing this.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
You've heard of cabana boys I'm sure, you need a carto boy.
See, now this would solve a lot of issues.

Another solution...gasp....throw out that last bit of thick juice before refilling the tank.
Um...that would be wasteful and my gallons of juice and juice ingredients wouldn't last me the years they're supposed to.

I have serious juice buying issues here....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread