Getting back into vaping!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Yeah, was just taking it off to clean it and replace a coil, slipped hit the floor (tile) and shattered everywhere... Will look into replacing that and seeing the vacuum effect at a later date. Ordered the innokin coolfire mini a try, and will enter the contest as well!!

Good advice on the nic salts, have the regular 3mg 65vg35pg naked 100 ejuice. Should be good to go!! Gonna look for some parts for my 22 pen, but looks like almost as much as a new one.. Have any place for vape pen parts???

Thank you all so much!!!
If you're vaping mouth to lung, like a cigarette, you'll probably find 3mg is way too low. I think most people mtl'ing start somewhere between 12-20mg of freebase (non salt) nic. I started with 18mg, and have been using 14mg for a couple of years now. It will depend on the device you use, though. For my pods (small juul type), I mix a 25-30 juice, since it deliver such smalller hits.

But don't be afraid of higher nic- use whatever you need to satisfy and stay off the smokes. You can always back it down later.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Wow, had no idea about the nicotine levels!!! Kinds just calculated based on nic level of cigs about 1mg per. They are the American spirit lights. Will give the 6mg I have a try, and will step up in I feel the need!! Thank you all for the welcome and info!!!!
Yeah, I did American Spirit Yellows for my last couple years of smoking. When I started, before I made juice, I had some 14 mg, but when I had a few cocktails, I'd add some 24 to the tank. Everybody's different, but that worked for me, and I'm on 3 years now. First couple of weeks were tough, but after that, I always thought vaping made it so easy, it was almost cheating. Especially if you have the right juice & equipment. At 3 months, tried a smoke and it tasted okay, but you could really kind of "feel the poison." Tried a few hits at 6 months, and it was worse. Never took so much as a hit since then.

If you're serious about this, I'm going to recommend with pending regulations, you'll want to learn to build rta's, buy nic and make juice.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Welcome to ECF, stratocastorNM. I mostly agree with the nic level statements, but ultimately your body will tell what is enough or not enough. Along with the other leaking statements, and although I am not familiar with your device, maybe the VG level is too high. Try a 50/50 PG/VG ratio if the vacuum suggestions don't completely sole your problems. As for salt nic vs free base nic, the former has an acid added to it to make the nicotine get absorbed into your body quicker.

stratocastorNM

Apr 10, 2020
    Yeah, I did American Spirit Yellows for my last couple years of smoking. When I started, before I made juice, I had some 14 mg, but when I had a few cocktails, I'd add some 24 to the tank. Everybody's different, but that worked for me, and I'm on 3 years now. First couple of weeks were tough, but after that, I always thought vaping made it so easy, it was almost cheating. Especially if you have the right juice & equipment. At 3 months, tried a smoke and it tasted okay, but you could really kind of "feel the poison." Tried a few hits at 6 months, and it was worse. Never took so much as a hit since then.

If you're serious about this, I'm going to recommend with pending regulations, you'll want to learn to build rta's, buy nic and make juice.
    Yeah, I am serious. Work in healthcare, and in graduate school, so doing own juice and rtas don't have a time slot for me at theo moment!! But I'm sure I will get there!!!!

Reactions: Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Yeah, I am serious. Work in healthcare, and in graduate school, so doing own juice and rtas don't have a time slot for me at theo moment!! But I'm sure I will get there!!!!
    Well, May 11th is the date that enforcement was to begin that virtually everything on the market that we're buying now would be illegal- and enforced. But right now, they're a little more focused on something I saw in the news - Mexican beer or something. But no guarantee of how long that'll last, so that's why I made the "serious" statement. You could be finding that no coils are available for your equipment in a matter of a couple months.

Go to the "deeming regulations" thread, or "are you done stocking up," or "the final countdown." I'm logging off, so don't have time to give you links at the moment. Others can clue you in on it, but time is of the essence to get set up with something you like.

stratocastorNM

Apr 10, 2020
    Well, I'm a MTL vapor. Got my little innokin coolfire mini in today. It is so small!!!! Anways, primed the 1.6 ohm coil up, let her sit a few minutes while the battery topped off, and I am off to the races. Running naked 100 65vp/35pg really berry. Tastes so much cleaner then the smok, nice draw, and I can feel the nic with the 6mg juice!!! I could see getting a mod, RDA, who knows. For right now, have a stash of coils on the way in, and some nic salt 35mg that I wanted to try as well. Thank you all so much for the information.

As far for the upcoming ban, reading up on it, imagine they have bigger fish to fry at the moment... But better stock up!!!

stratocastorNM

Apr 10, 2020
    Where'd you get the mini? It's hard to find without a tank.
    And yeah, Rona got us a little time on the deeming regs, but keep an eye on your state. Most important thing to do, regardless of whether you get an rta or not, is you'll want to get plenty of nic.
    I got it with the zenith d22 tank combo. Works really nice!!! Have been playing with different wattage so far. Just running the 1.6 ohm coil thus far, but have some plex3D 0.5 ohm coils on the way as well. So far the 6mg juice seems to be doing its job. What's the shelf life of regular eliquid??? Any consensus on keeping in the fridge??

Reactions: stols001

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    I got it with the zenith d22 tank combo. Works really nice!!! Have been playing with different wattage so far. Just running the 1.6 ohm coil thus far, but have some plex3D 0.5 ohm coils on the way as well. So far the 6mg juice seems to be doing its job. What's the shelf life of regular eliquid??? Any consensus on keeping in the fridge??
    That's going to depend a lot on what type of juice you vape. But generally, no need. Most juices would be stable for quite a while, unless you're buying more than a year's worth, maybe. And nic will oxidize over time with UV and room temp. So the higher the nic content, the quicker you'd notice a change in the juice. So you'd at least want to keep it in a drawer or something.

But if you diy, it's best to freeze the nic.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    As far for the upcoming ban, reading up on it, imagine they have bigger fish to fry at the moment...

The FDA is asking the deadline to be extended until September, but the 4th Circuit Court has not given it's blessing yet. I suspect their decision will be coming any day now.

Then you have to worry about the House Oversight Committee, who is urging the FDA to ban vape because they claim it somehow exacerbates the corona pandemic (without any scientific proof).

But better stock up!!!

That's gonna be much harder to do now because vape products are not in such good supply as they used to be given the pandemic.

On top of that, stocking up on factory coils and factory-made ejuice is an expensive proposition.

Good luck

• Agree

stratocastorNM

Apr 10, 2020
    @stratocastorNM

Just read you got the innokin, nice

do you ever vape tobacco-ish juice?
    Just ordered some from black note, as I have never tried before, but looking forward to it. Got stocked up on ejuice, and have a zues x rta on the way. My little coolfire lasted me a good while, but I of course wanted more. So a geekvape aegis x should be here today as well!!! Going to try to start building some coils, then maybe down the road a bit, some DIY juice!!! Have found so much helpful information here!!!!

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    Just ordered some from black note, as I have never tried before, but looking forward to it. Got stocked up on ejuice, and have a zues x rta on the way. My little coolfire lasted me a good while, but I of course wanted more. So a geekvape aegis x should be here today as well!!! Going to try to start building some coils, then maybe down the road a bit, some DIY juice!!! Have found so much helpful information here!!!!

I like a tobacco vape and I enjoyed black note. ive switched to a lot more of subtle tobacco with other flavours. During these poor times I’m on something else (milfs milk and other concentrates) but that’s nice. You should give a try . Five pawns- black flag risen

good you have found something you like, cheers
    Hopefully the tank is nice

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    At those prices, you'd better hope you don't like Black Note! ;)

DIY juice can't be easier, so if you're making the plunge for building, you'll be buying some Stixx Mixx soon, I'm guessing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread