Getting lots of vapor, but NASTY taste with favorite juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkfire1

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
Hawaii
Well, I've used both the genuine joye and knock off tank attys and they perform about the same to me when the cheap ones work.

What I normally do after blowing out the primer on the cheap atty is install the atty on the battery, prime the atty with about 8-10 drops of 100% straight PG, fill a tank with straight 100% PG and install and vape (don't inhale, just vape and blow out the mist.) the tank until the tank is about 70% empty. Then I remove the tank, remove the atty, blow out the atty, and prime the atty with whatever juice I want to use, refill the tank and vape away.

I do this to get whatever weird primer the cheap attys use out of both the wick and off the coil. I have noticed that if I don't do that before I use the cheap tank atomizers, the draw gets hard after a few hits and the taste is burnt. If it doesnt taste burnt, then after a the first few hits, there's like no taste or very little taste to the juice and the throat hit starts getting really harsh.

I do the same thing to clean the wick and atomizer coil whenever I get the burnt taste or hard draw instead of boiling or cleaning other ways since dry burning is the worst thing you can do to a tank atomizer in my opinion.

A lot really depends on the juice as well. The more malic acid, sucralose, glucose and saccharines or sugars the juice has causes the wick to clog because of carmelization. (I'm sure the nicotine and flavoring play a role in this but to what degree I am not sure) Sugars will not vaporize in e cigarette atomizer and thats basically the black stuff you see all over wick and coil.

Believe it or not PG is an excellent solvent and will remove that crud.

Of course, your milage may vary, but I've been using the same 3 tank attys for 6 weeks + now. 1 Joye-T and 2 knock-offs and those attys work great for me.

JumpSteady

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Pigeon Forge, TN
I have noticed that if I don't do that before I use the cheap tank atomizers, the draw gets hard after a few hits and the taste is burnt. If it doesnt taste burnt, then after a the first few hits, there's like no taste or very little taste to the juice and the throat hit starts getting really harsh.

That like EXACTLY what happened. I'll have to pick up some 100% PG and try this. Thanks.

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
I got the Joye 510. I used carts for 2 weeks and hated always having to top off the carts to get rid off burnt taste. (the carts wernt even empty, seems like u can never get all the e-juice out) but just switched to the 510-t love it! With the tanks I get a constant good taste and vape! I wish I would of just bought a 510-t setup from get go instead of buying a tank atty and 5 pack of tanks, but then found out im glad I got the regular 510 first since the 510-t batterys cant be charged in PCC! But anyone with a 510 quit using those carts and get a 510 tank atty and some tanks u will love it! Its like constant dripping which I liked just didnt like having to carry the e-juices. The tanks are way to go IMO!!

hawkfire1

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
Hawaii
I have the 510T as well. The draw is a lot harder than the Ego T. And you can charge the 510 T batteries in PCC. Maybe not with the kit you have, but charging PCCs are available for the standard 510 battery, the extended 510 battery and the Ego-T as well. Also, there is no difference between the 510T battery and the 510 battery. The difference is in the atomizer wick housing in which one has a bridge for a cart and the other has a needle for a tank.

Glad to read that you like your 510T and good luck with vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread