grrr 510 nasty burnt chemical taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

skawtee

Apr 28, 2010
san diego
Hey. i've read other post about burnt taste form 510 attys, but i need some further clarification. all 5 of my attys have horrible nasty taste after a quick soak in crest prohealth and then repeated hot water rinse/blowout with some dry burns in between. wierd thing is, i get HUGE vapor, much more than ever before, it just tastes like hell. tried all my different cart mods, direct drip, but nothing makes any difference. are all of my attys killed???:(

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Hey. i've read other post about burnt taste form 510 attys, but i need some further clarification. all 5 of my attys have horrible nasty taste after a quick soak in crest prohealth and then repeated hot water rinse/blowout with some dry burns in between. wierd thing is, i get HUGE vapor, much more than ever before, it just tastes like hell. tried all my different cart mods, direct drip, but nothing makes any difference. are all of my attys killed???:(
Sounds like you didn't prime them by putting around three or four drops in before using.

Once they have been cleaned, they need more juice again
I usually put in about four drops, let it soak in for 30 seconds, and put in three more.

asharp22

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
USA
hmm. primed a couple with different flavors and let sit. one seems to be flooded lol, the other fine, but they both still have the same horrible taste and smell. still enormous vapor tho... i would have thought that maybe they weren't wicking, but then wheres all the vapor coming from.

Try coke-a-cola to clean them. I had a horrid rancid taste and I soaked mine in coke for an hour, rinsed with water and let dry overnight, primed it with 3 drops ejuice and it was awesome. best taste ever!

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Id let them flood, blow, reprime, you have to get the bridge really wet again. The extra vapor is the liquid burning off fast, and then it gets dry so it vaporizes any 'old' stuff thats stuck in the mesh.
Of course they might be all crap attys or jsut at the end of their lifespan (they're very disposable items, but as 3 cost about the same as a carton of cigs, that part doesn't bother me too much )but Id try and re-wet em first.

skawtee

Apr 28, 2010
san diego
Where are you in San Diego?

If you haven't solved this by tomorrow I may be able to meet you and help out.

AND SIGN THE PETITION LINKED IN MY SIGNATURE BELOW!!
If you haven't already that is.
:)

signed the petition. i'm in mission valley btw. i'll see what i can do about it tonight. maybe i'll try the coke thing and just be extra sure to prime...

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
signed the petition. i'm in mission valley btw. i'll see what i can do about it tonight. maybe i'll try the coke thing and just be extra sure to prime...
I'm up in Vista, so that's a long way.
:)

If you clean an atomizer, make sure to rinse it with water.
And make extra sure to let it dry at least 12 hours if not more.

If you need it faster than that, put it in the oven at 150 degrees for 20 minutes.

Better yet, soak it in vodka to rinse it out.
That cuts the drying time down a lot.

budster

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Remove the threads. Do a search here for a video. Some will tell you that you can only drip after removing them, but that's defiantly not true. Try it with one atomizer, than you can post back and tell me I'm correct! Not trying to be arrogant, it just seems this issue comes up frequently with the 510's, and want others to see the post and find the easy fix!

PS- You'll notice a better TH as well as increase in vapor and flavor!

skawtee

Apr 28, 2010
san diego
thanks 4 ur suggestions and help guys. problem seems to be solved. just took a lot o patience. after following the rinse/dry burn instructions and then doing some serious priming of the attys (lots of drops over loooong time) then vaping about half a cart, the nastiness seems to have gone away.

i think i screwed it all up to begin with by trying the zero filler mod (plug made from cart caps) and just not being smart about it.

i need to stop tweeking with these damn things lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread