Getting others to start VAPING

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankyfive

Dec 10, 2012
Tacoma WA
It happens, unfortunately. My best advice is to vape around him as usual. You can offer to let him to try, but don't be pushy - it won't help. Let him come to you.

I agree with this. Trying right now to see if my baby sis will get on this journey with me. I decided however not to be the preacher type especially beeing such a noob. I just vape it front of her, my family and my friends. If they ask, I'll share....cool thing is baby sis asked the other day so I started sharing =). Everytime she asks me to try it, I just hand her my PV and let her hang on to it till she gives it back. First couple times it was quick as she kept coughing and choking but after a few rounds of this she started getting into it. I let her use one of my spare setups yesterday, so we'll see where we go from here. Wish her luck! And good luck to you too.

Viva La vape!

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
I agree with the other posts. I was very much like your dad. I can honestly say that after 15 years I didn't want to quit smoking and I probably never would have. Now I'm over 2 weeks in & rarely even think about having a stinky! I was just looking for a healthier alternative or a way to cut down on my analog intake. By day day 5 I was done with analogs. Unfortunately you can't force him but maybe you can get him to give it a try! You never know...
Good Luck!!

I never dreamed of quiting smoking. I had been looking for a way to save money. I liked the idea of flavors. I liked the idea of having a way to stealth especially in a bad situation like a hospital stay or a flight to Europe. You just never know when some kind of medical emergency is going to come up and you are at the mercy of smoking nazis for a couple of days. If you're lucky you'll get some morphine, I think it does more to help the urge for a cigarette than the patches.

I tried the blu disposable first, all they had was tobacco (non-menthol). It tasted like a crappy (non-menthol) cigarette. I thought this flavor isn't for me but this idea could work.

DeathsMistress

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
Chicago, IL
jeneefowler.com
I agree with the "oooh shiny" factor. A lot of people want to try it just because it's cool looking. Also, flavors really helped me. I had tried e-cigs several times with one of the old Tornados. I hated the fake cig taste and it just made me want a real one. I finally got strawberry shortcake flavored juice and I was hooked. I never deny myself an analog but I find them really horribly gross now. I don't miss them at all. I think it's great that you're all doing so much for your friends and family. Once they finally join us, they'll thank you. You're changing their lives for the better by giving them this chance even if they don't know it yet.

bob_

Verified Member
Jan 26, 2013
Ohio
There's lots of good advice here, especially about letting people know they can smoke and vape--they don't have to stop. The biggest sell for me is that it's actually more fun to vape. I think that's a draw, even if people don't believe it at first. It's different than smoking, but it has its own benefits.

One thing that hasn't been said enough, maybe, is that you can relax a bit. You've only been vaping a few months. Give your dad some time to get used to the idea of vaping. Let him come around to trying it when there's a natural opportunity -- like when you have a flavor you think he'll like, or when he's out of cigarettes, or when you're someplace where it's inconvenient to smoke. You don't have to force those things to happen just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread