GG-buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runju

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Norway
I see both here and on Facebook more and more the discussion of gg-buttons are active.
So i think the buttons deserve a thread alone.

What we need here good pictures, what kind of GG they belong to and even more facts.
I hope some have better pictures than mine, but it is a start.

Pic1 is from GGTS alu 443, weight 4,9 gr. The second is GGTS Nickel 911, weight 5,5 gr

screen capture windows

capture screen

Otello

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Roma - Italy
www.facebook.com
Runar,

the buttton of #443 is the "mistery" one I spoke about in the main thread; I have 2 of them, but both came as spare. (All my Rev.1 came with the button with fat head.)

These are some old buttons, all coming as spare.
From left:
- same as your #443,
- same body but with Alu. (?) nut and wider button, slightly concave. I think it's the one described by Manni in the main thread.
- another mistery button; is it a GG? (I got it as GG spare from Malaysia)

1622418_3907592864473_337618619_o.jpg

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
Otello buddy it's just experience, if I see it up close I can tell if it's original or not. The truth is if it's in very good condition it's more than likely a Sotong copy. Those GG buttons haven't been made for years now and Sotong made many copies which people bought and put on GG's as originals.
Sotong also made many copies of other GG parts which are in the market and people think they're original.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
Otello buddy it's just experience, if I see it up close I can tell if it's original or not. The truth is if it's in very good condition it's more than likely a Sotong copy. Those GG buttons haven't been made for years now and Sotong made many copies which people bought and put on GG's as originals.
Sotong also made many copies of other GG parts which are in the market and people think they're original.

Exactly right Capt.

endofstory1.gif

One of these days I will have to pull all my GG buttons, polish and photograph them.

On another note - if people on facebook were serious they would be over here posting on buttons.

Last edited:

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
If you and dspin dont have this who has it?? and do you mean the button all the whole thing?

The whole thing aal - HOWEVER, I do have that button, had to polish it quite a few times to get it back looking like that. It was quite filthy and tarnished when I got it - still had to pay a great deal for it.

003a.jpg

Last edited:

Otello

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Roma - Italy
www.facebook.com
OK guys, I know everything about cloned spares now, but, I'm still missing something about the buttons with flat and concave head.

- I understand the flat one was the first GGTS button, right? or the first GG button?
I ask because most of the Nano or Transformer in the online photos have this button. (But a minority of Nano/Transformer have another button, looking even older.)
On the other side, most Rev.1 have the button with the "fat" head. (which BTW I think is the best GGTS button ever ;) )
In any case, maybe the flat button was installed on the very first Rev.1, but most of Rev.1 had the "fat" button, right?

- It's not clear when the concave button was released: immediately after the flat one, or after the "fat"? Or later, maybe after the exagonal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread