The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

GG List.. With Number Of GGs Made.

Discussion in 'The GG' started by Skibadabomski, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ManniGfaltig

ManniGfaltig Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2011
    Germany
    Wait a moment - do we talk about the left or the middle button now? My 686 has the same button head as the middle button just another locking ring. The left button might be a Sotong button (given that it does not sit on a Rev. 1 but on a SS GGTS...). But otello owns a few mod, so he probably played around with their buttons?

2. CaptSteve

CaptSteve Airborn ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2011
    41,000ft at M 0.85
    Yes I agree Manni, that's why I asked if it came with that GGTS because it stands out like a sore thumb. That button only came on a Rev1 Alu and Mr Sotong has copied the heck out of it

3. CaptSteve

Nov 20, 2011
    41,000ft at M 0.85
    Here is the original rev1 and the button

[​IMG]

4. CaptSteve

Nov 20, 2011
    41,000ft at M 0.85
    This is also the original button Imeo made (courtesy of brother dspin)

[​IMG]

5. Runju

Runju Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2012
    Norway
    Maybe it was stupid by me to open a new thread for GG-buttons, and i don't want to be a party-killer, but the last 18 months i have been searching and read old threads trying to find answers about GG-details. One of the problem has been that name of threads very often don't match with the posts inside it. And thinking that there will be more like me in time to come, i wish we could keep specific topics in places that seems like a good place to start looking :) But if we continue here ´and it may be a good place - maybe Imeo can delete the GG-button thread :toast:

6. Otello

Otello Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2013
    Roma - Italy
    OK guys, we are making a little of confusion. ;)

I posted 2 photos, one with 5 mounted buttons and one with 3 spare buttons, only the flat head button is present in both photos. OK?

Actually the flat head button is not installed on a SS GGYS, but a 2012 Alu., I got this button in a bunch of spares together with Alu #19, which came equipped with the "fat" head button: it's the second from left in the 5 buttons photo.

I'm not sure I understand what is the button with concave surface.

7. ManniGfaltig

Oct 26, 2011
    Germany
    The concave button is the middle one in Steve's picture.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk

8. CaptSteve

Nov 20, 2011
    41,000ft at M 0.85
    If that button in the middle (in the picture with the 3 buttons) has an aluminum lock ring it is a Sotong button. I once bought one thinking it's an original and when it came in and I saw it I sent it back to the guy and got my money back. BTW he also bought it from someone else as an original.
    Sotong has really damaged the GG market with is copy parts. He's made a ton of extension tubes, buttons and bottom vent caps as well as other parts

9. steliosss

steliosss kindness always repays... be sure of that... Verified Member ECF Veteran

That's the button of my 508 rev1 Alu... if that enlighten you list-maker guys!

[​IMG]

10. ManniGfaltig

Oct 26, 2011
    Germany
    Oh my god... This thread is scary! I bought two buttons that look identically from Vassili in 2012 I guess. Didn't know that these were also copied :eek:
    What I know from Sotong is that he made these Rev. 1 styled buttons (legt in your picture). But there are other guys doing parts for GG also.
    Conclusion: Let's collect photos - maybe wie can find differences and hell people to find out if they bought original or cloned parts!

P.S. The buttons I bought Form Vassili had a SS lockring

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk

11. CaptSteve

Nov 20, 2011
    41,000ft at M 0.85
    Yes I agree Manni. The original had an ss lock ring but the clones have an aluminum lock ring. The cloned part problem is a big one and many people have got duped. I do know a few others along with Sotong who made and probably still make clone parts. Some of them are very close resemblance but they're not originals and sadly are sold as originals at much inflated prices.
    I know of a GGTS half SS half brass that was sold for $1200 last year and it had a cloned upper extension, telescope, button and bottom venting cap. What was really sad is that the guy who paid $1200 to get it was thinking he bought an original GGTS.
    That's why we encourage everyone to buy GG stuff only from accredited suppliers or if they want to buy used make sure you know the seller and can verify that the GG is genuine

12. CaptSteve

Nov 20, 2011
    41,000ft at M 0.85
    and here is some proof of what I just said

I took these pics off a post Sotong made on another forum. He even has prices there but I shall not put a link here as I don't want anyone to buy this stuff

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

these are CR rings

[​IMG]

13. CaptSteve

Nov 20, 2011
    41,000ft at M 0.85
    this is a list of stuff Sotong made recently and is selling

14. Aal_

Aal_ Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2012
    Greece
    I think he stopped selling these a long time ago captain

15. CaptSteve

Nov 20, 2011
    41,000ft at M 0.85
    Some more Sotong handy work

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. CaptSteve

Nov 20, 2011
    41,000ft at M 0.85
    I hear that's not true and I also hear he's preparing parts for the just GG as well

17. Aal_

Aal_ Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2012
    Greece
    That's bad news!

18. Otello

Otello Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2013
    Roma - Italy
    Guys, why don't we open a thread on third parties spares?

About Sotong button, is this one the copy you think may be confued with the original?????
    Please... the knurling is obviously different from the original.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. CaptSteve

Nov 20, 2011
    41,000ft at M 0.85
    No Otello he also made a copy of the rev1 button with the vertical knurling I just don't have a pic of it but I've seen it myself

20. CaptSteve

Nov 20, 2011
    41,000ft at M 0.85
    It's a bad idea to make a thread about 3rd party spares because that way you just advertise them and that's the last thing we want to do

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.