GGTS Adapters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xylocaine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I was looking at the GG Wiki and saw the GGTS Adapter and also a various combinations of other adapters to use. I was wondering in the 510 to 901, 901 to 510 adapter configuration the picture shows 4 adapters but wasn't sure if they are just using 2 or? Also could you use like a Phoenix or iGo-L on a GGTS without an adapter?

Last edited:

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
I was looking at the GG Wiki and saw the GGTS Adapter and also a various combinations of other adapters to use. I was wondering in the 510 to 901, 901 to 510 adapter configuration the picture shows 4 adapters but wasn't sure if they are just using 2 or? Also could you use like a Phoenix or iGo-L on a GGTS without an adapter?

The 510 to 901 and 901 to 510 adapters configuration (Method 3 on the GG Wiki) only uses two adapters: on the left of the first picture for each method you can see the adapters used for that specific configuration (adapters are already installed).

The others adapters you see at the bottom of the first picture for each method are all the remaining adapters that you can use for other methods.

There is another method that is not listed on the GG Wiki: 510 to eGo adapter, with that adapter you have to take out the Collector's tank top lid (or draw cap), as is shown in method 4.

Of course the best method is using the GG GGTS Adapter (currently in stock).

By using any combination of the chinese adapters, you will have the constant risk of short circuit, these adapters easily fail, the positive isolator breaks easily and are not meant to be used with advanced devices with auto adjustable positive center pin (a Imeo's invetion).

You can't connect a Phoenix or an iGo-L on a GGTS without an adapter, or well, you can, but you will have to take out the collector's tank and it will not look good.

Another way is by using a GG Stealth cap (it has a 510 connection) or the 4 in 1 cap.

I will only recomend to use a combination of china adapters or a single 510 to eGo adapter temporarily.

Xylocaine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Cheers Ariel! Yes I honestly was going to jump on the official GG Adapter at CoV but their cart system seemed to be broken (i tried a bajillion times, with different browsers and even making a new cart). I would of course much rather the Stealth Cap over anything else. Can you run a GGTS without the collector's tank or ring so as not to use an adapter at least temporarily? The conversion rates and whatnot from USD to Euro + shipping to states makes e-Smoke-Guru rather expensive. I'm also not entirely sure if their stealth caps come with the rethreader piece that CoV seems to offer when they get theirs.

Xylocaine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thank you, I ended up caving on the adapter... I'd rather just save up and get an Ithaka when it really comes down to it. In the mean time I'll be more than happy to use all my current devices (and the two new ones I have coming) on it with the adapter. Much better than stressing about pulling off the cash and getting in on a Stealth Cap! Thanks for the info everyone :)

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
I was one of the lucky ones who got a GGTS from COV. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to pick up the adapter to use my Kayfun on it. So now I wait...I'm hoping COV gets another batch soon or I may just have to buy from one of the international sites and cough up the extra $ for international shipping.

They must of just sold out, they were in stock for months, if you don't want to wait just get the 510 to 901 and 901 to 510 adapters, that should hold you over till you can get the gg adapter.

Xylocaine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have to admit I've been vaping for over a year and until I started watching and reading the GG Subforum I didn't know half the nifty and interesting things I do now. A lot of information about the GG and relative Atties are relative to a lot of other things - yet I've never seen anyone say anything about them any where else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread