Status
Not open for further replies.

thedudeabides

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2010
Boston
Zor;

I have the new SSGGTS. Only says by Imeo on it.

I understand what you mean but I'm not the type to take shortcuts. The GGTS was made to have the top cap installed otherwise there wouldn't be one. Besides, I like the contrast between the SS and the brass.

The answer, IMHO, is to fix the adapter issue, not strip down the GGTS to make it work.

I understand where you're coming from, if you want the brass accent in there I would be all means go with the setup that allows you to keep it. You'll notice a trend on the GG forums where we try to get our GGTSs into the smallest configs possible which removal of the brass cap facilitates. You don't loose any functionality (air control) with the top cap removed since the iatty sits flush in the space that top cap would normally occupy.

In the end it's almost purely personal preference regarding the aesthetics.

No top cap: smaller config, all stainless look
With top cap: larger config, brass accent look

Repent

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Central Oregon
Well so I took of the top cap, installed an 18350 that I got yesterday and used the rethreader and an adapter to install the iAtty. I have to say it is a small configuration to be sure. Fits nice in my hand. Definitely going to swap out adapters with Bruce to see how much height diff there is between the two.

Who knows, I may become a convert.

cliffy1

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2010
DURHAM UK
Well I have spent out ££££`s on 901/510 adapters and none of them work for my TMF with the re-threader fitted and what adapters I have all a little to short,I know I can remove the contact pin from my S/S but I don't want to .....Imeo can you send a contact pin for the S/S out to Cam please ? on his next order or if you send direct to me,you have my address I will paypal you the cost.

Last edited:

Repent

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Central Oregon
Well I have spent out ££££`s on 901/510 adapters and none of them work for my TMF with the re-threader fitted and what adapters I have all a little to short,I know I can remove the contact pin from my S/S but I don't want to .....Imeo can you send a contact pin for the S/S out to Cam please ? on his next order or if you send direct to me,you have my address I will paypal you the cost.

Cliffy I'm try to track what you're saying here? Remove contact pin....?

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
Cliffy I'm try to track what you're saying here? Remove contact pin....?

I believe the Tmf version he is referring to is the old alum version. If so on the old alum version Tmf ggts the center posative pin is a couple mm shorter then the new pins. As such you need 2 adapters instead of an adapter and rethreader

Repent

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Central Oregon
I believe the Tmf version he is referring to is the old alum version. If so on the old alum version Tmf ggts the center posative pin is a couple mm shorter then the new pins. As such you need 2 adapters instead of an adapter and rethreader

OK gotcha. Just want to keep up with all things GG.

cliffy1

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2010
DURHAM UK

Yep thats right Fright I need the longer contact pin for the TMF aluminium

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I will send him more than one pin cliff, no worries about this buddy. But can you please remind it to me via pm after 18 of august when I will come back from holidays so I can keep a note about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread