Status
Not open for further replies.

Repent

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Central Oregon
Just got my order in from COV to include 510-901 and 901-510 adapters. I've read several places that they are perfect to use for the iAtty on a GGTS.

Well.....the adapters fit nicely together but that's where it stops. Connecting the iAtty to the adapter does not work. Oh it will screw on, but only part way and it leaves the air holes wide open at the base of the iAtty. Not to mention that the base of the adapter is slotted.

Attach the adapter to the connection on the GGTS and when screwing it down it pushes the center pin out of the connector.

WTF is up with that?

Tried using one of the rethreaders and a 901-510 and it's too short. I suppose I could take the top cap off but I'll be damned if I'm going to spend $250 on a mod to have a $5 POS adapter force me to start leaving parts off my GGTS.

Here's a thought. How about an adapter that actually works?:mad:

I need to look at Imeos video again when he put the adapters on the iAtty.

Last edited:

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
There's a thread with a pic where someone put theirs on their GGTS and it looked great. I can't remember if it had the end cap on or not; just that it looked really good together.

You can always make an adapter so whatever you put on the end cap will fit flush

iattyadapter.jpg

Repent

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Central Oregon
There's a thread with a pic where someone put theirs on their GGTS and it looked great. I can't remember if it had the end cap on or not; just that it looked really good together.

You can always make an adapter so whatever you put on the end cap will fit flush

iattyadapter.jpg

You can always make an adapter.....what you talkin about Willis?

Repent

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Central Oregon
coso1.jpg

This is how it looks. Not bad right?
On the otherside, it pushes the pin in like any atty would do.

Bruce;

No that looks good actually. There should be the slightest clearance between the two so in tightening them down they're not right on top of each other scratching each other up.

When you say pushes the pin in, does it push it so far out that the o-rings on the other side become a mute point? With the 901/510 combo there is maybe 1mm of pin left so the o-rings are useless and the pin simply falls out.

Repent

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Central Oregon
ok why when I reply to your post it says "
Using the iatty on the ggts with rethreader+901-510 and take off the cap works remarkable. I would try it that way. It looks great too

but your post actually says "Using the ggts without the cap works so damn good. I would try it that way." Do I need my decoder ring?

I did try the way you suggest, but damn it, again I say, why strip down a $250 mod to make a $5 adapter work? If Bruce's way doesn't push the pin out the other side I'll look at that option.

Guess I'm in one of those moods today. :mad: Very little tolerance for half-assed configurations.:evil:
This is doing the perfectionist in me a disservice I tell ya!!:glare:

Last edited:

Zoranth

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2010
Baldwin, MI. USA
www.keepandshare.com
I did try the way you suggest, but damn it, again I say, why strip down a $250 mod to make a $5 adapter work? If Bruce's way doesn't push the pin out the other side I'll look at that option.

Think of it this way, it is not done that way to enable you to use a $5 adapter, it is done that way to give you the "Smallest" possible configuration.

Also, Are you using a Aluminum TMF version or a SS version? it does make a difference as there were subtle changes between the two versions.

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
Also sounds like Bruce is going to hook you up but I use a 510-901 and 901 to 510 adapter from Madvapes. With my old connector cap it stuck up about 1/8 of an inch just enough to put a small o-ring in there to close off the air recesses in the adapter and to make sure if I got any leakage it went into the collector tank. With my new connector cap it sits flush.

thedudeabides

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2010
Boston
One single piece that cannot short out and the attachment is always flush and works in conjuction with the adjustable draw

adapt-1.jpg

Multiple adapters might do the same, but fewer parts mean less that can go wrong

I agree w/ Para, not only do you have less that can go wrong, but you also probably retain more conductivity with only 1 adapter vs 2.

Plus it's smaller, and personally I think it looks better (subjective).

Repent

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Central Oregon
Think of it this way, it is not done that way to enable you to use a $5 adapter, it is done that way to give you the "Smallest" possible configuration.

Also, Are you using a Aluminum TMF version or a SS version? it does make a difference as there were subtle changes between the two versions.

Zor;

I have the new SSGGTS. Only says by Imeo on it.

I understand what you mean but I'm not the type to take shortcuts. The GGTS was made to have the top cap installed otherwise there wouldn't be one. Besides, I like the contrast between the SS and the brass.

The answer, IMHO, is to fix the adapter issue, not strip down the GGTS to make it work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread