Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
I recently bought a used SS GGTS and new stealth cap from COV. Shouldn't all threads be compatible? My SS top tube will not screw into my main bottom tube nor my new stealth cap. And one end of my telescope tube will not screw into my main bottom tube nor my stealth cap. Both ends of my rethreader ring that came with the stealth cap threads on everything including the collector tank. I have seen pictures of the TS in every conceivable configuration which leads me to conclude that the male threads on one end of my telescope tube and the male threads on my top tube are defective. Can someone confirm this?

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
Ok, it was scary because I didn't want to damage the threads but I managed to get the stealth cap working with the telescope and the top tube. Although the the cap stops about 1/8 in. short of complete on the top tube. But there is no way the male end of the top tube or the one end of the telescope will thread onto the bottom main tube. Is this normal?

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
I recently bought a used SS GGTS and new stealth cap from COV. Shouldn't all threads be compatible? My SS top tube will not screw into my main bottom tube nor my new stealth cap. And one end of my telescope tube will not screw into my main bottom tube nor my stealth cap. Both ends of my rethreader ring that came with the stealth cap threads on everything including the collector tank. I have seen pictures of the TS in every conceivable configuration which leads me to conclude that the male threads on one end of my telescope tube and the male threads on my top tube are defective. Can someone confirm this?

What # is it - if SS 300 or below replacement upper battery tubes are given. All SS parts are compatible, dont force things on the upper batt tube - you could screw up the threads, or maybe someone already did that.

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
Thank you for the replies D & fright. I definitely wouldn't force it. I've examined the top tube threads very closely and they do not appear damaged at all so now that I've got them working smoothly with the stealth cap I'm even more confused as to why it won't even come close to threading on the bottom tube. And one end of the telescope tube reacts the same exact way, so maybe it's the bottom tube. I don't know anymore because all other threads are working fine now. My # is 2266 so I guess I try to snag a new top tube and telescope tube when they become available and hope that will solve it. I've played around with the configurations that are available to me as it is and can be happy with what I have but I'd still like it to function as intended.
Thanks again

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
Yeah I read the thread on the fix for this which corrected the threading on the stealth cap but this is not the issue with the connection between the male end of the top tube and the bottom tube as well as the one end of the telescope tube and the bottom tube. Both of those connections thread about one turn if that, then stop dead. There is no exercising those connections.
Luckily it's not a make or break deal for me since I am still able to configure the unit in my preferred ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread